NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

@markderoos have you now completed Thomas Was Alone? :)

I have, and man I hate that it's over. What an absolutely blast from start to finish.

You sir, are forever in my debt and I will buy all eShop games you suggest (untill I hate one ;))

Edited by markderoos

Oh this is interesting!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1052091

Looks like Nintendo are allowing indie devs to put up Humble Bundles of Wii U eShop games now! (at least in the US anyway...)

Surprised to see that they're the first out of the console manufacturers to allow it!

But only for America.

Again, I don't have a 3DS, so 2 games I couldn't get anyway, but wanted at least the first one.

I do hope they will make these offers in the future.

Nintendo “tried for months” to make the Humble Nindie Bundle global

humble-nindie-bundle.png

A surprising Humble Bundle sale kicked off earlier today. Nintendo made history as the first company to have games from its systems represented, which is made up of various indie titles. The bundle is an absolute steal, and you have to commend Nintendo on making it happen. There is, however, one notable downside: codes are only valid for those with North American Wii U and 3DS systems.

Based on a comment from Nintendo’s Damon Baker, it sounds like the lack of European support wasn’t entirely the company’s fault. Baker wrote on Twitter that he “tried for months to make it global”. In the future, he believes that they’ll be able to have Europe included in the sale.

[TWEET]603279625666433024[/TWEET]

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-tried-for-months-to-make-the-humble-nindie-bundle-global/

Cool idea. I hope comes out here eventually and expands the list of games. I own practically everything on the list for Wii U.

This really good news. Just, how does Nintendo make money from it, as I didn't see that any of the money goes to them (developers, charity and humble is on the list....)?

I don't ever ever post the Wii U eShop charts but I was interested to see how Swords & Soldiers II would do because of its price tag of €19.

1. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

2. The Fall

3. SteamWorld Dig

4. Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones

5. OlliOlli

6. Paper Mario

7. Super Mario 64

8. Splatoon

9. Donkey Kong 64

10. New Super Mario Bros.

11. Super Mario World

12. DuckTales Remastered

13. EarthBound

14. Super Mario Bros. 3

15. Mario Party 10

16. Super Metroid

17. Donkey Kong Country

18. Super Mario Bros.

19. Zelda: A Link to the Past

20. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

That's the American chart and it's nowhere to be seen. The European chart isn't much better. It's at no.18. It couldn't be more prominent on the eShop, it's the first thing you see.

The first Sword & Soldiers is €3 by comparison.

Edited by Wii

I don't ever ever post the Wii U eShop charts but I was interested to see how Swords & Soldiers II would do because of its price tag of €19.

1. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

2. The Fall

3. SteamWorld Dig

4. Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones

5. OlliOlli

6. Paper Mario

7. Super Mario 64

8. Splatoon

9. Donkey Kong 64

10. New Super Mario Bros.

11. Super Mario World

12. DuckTales Remastered

13. EarthBound

14. Super Mario Bros. 3

15. Mario Party 10

16. Super Metroid

17. Donkey Kong Country

18. Super Mario Bros.

19. Zelda: A Link to the Past

20. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

That's the American chart and it's nowhere to be seen. The European chart isn't much better. It's at no.18. It couldn't be more prominent on the eShop, it's the first thing you see.

The first Sword & Soldiers is €3 by comparison.

So Splatoon is doing OK?

And why don't you post the eshop charts? They don't give the full numbers, or the numbers aren't just big enough?

Anybody played Nihilumbra? I saw it on sale and it looks like my kind of game and the reviews are positive.

Anybody played Nihilumbra? I saw it on sale and it looks like my kind of game and the reviews are positive.

No, I've not played it. I've watched a good lot of previews and videos. It looks very good but I'm swamped with games so I'll leave it for now. That Humble Nindie Bundle has also thrown me a bit. I've bought nearly every game on it but only finished Steam World Dig on it. If it does come to Europe I could have saved a lot of money by waiting and if it does come I'd like to see what gets included as part of the promotion.

So Splatoon is doing OK?

And why don't you post the eshop charts? They don't give the full numbers, or the numbers aren't just big enough?

I don't think people really care about the charts. Besides you can check them easily from the eShop on the Wii U. They never give numbers. It's strange Splatoon is included on the American chart but not the European one.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

No, I've not played it. I've watched a good lot of previews and videos. It looks very good but I'm swamped with games so I'll leave it for now. That Humble Nindie Bundle has also thrown me a bit. I've bought nearly every game on it but only finished Steam World Dig on it. If it does come to Europe I could have saved a lot of money by waiting and if it does come I'd like to see what gets included as part of the promotion.

I don't think people really care about the charts. Besides you can check them easily from the eShop on the Wii U. They never give numbers. It's strange Splatoon is included on the American chart but not the European one.

Splatoon is included because you can preload in the US. You can't preload in Europe. It's not strange at all

Splatoon is included because you can preload in the US. You can't preload in Europe. It's not strange at all

Have we not got pre loading yet? I wouldn't know, I never buy retail games digitally so it doesn't affect me. I thought Smash Bros. was the first game to have this feature.

The site is struggling a bit today. Takes an age to edit a post and it's mini crashed for 30 seconds a couple of times on me today.

Edited by Wii

So Europe was left out of this one.

Splatoon available for pre-purchase in Japan and North America, special offer (JP), bundles (UK)

Pre-loading

Right after the Splatoon Direct, this afternoon, Nintendo released a special demo for the game (click here for more information). But that’s not all: the game is also available for pre-load in Japan and North America!

– Japan: the game costs 6 156 Yen (including taxes, roughly 45€ / 51$ / 33£), but you can get 500 Yen back if you preload between May 8th and May 10th. Also, downloading the demo will allow you to get some special gear.

– North America: the game costs 59.99$, but there’s no special offer for pre-loading.

The game itself requires: 2287 MB (Japan) / 2286MB (North America) / 2296MB (Europe).

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/splatoon-available-for-pre-purchase-in-japan-and-north-america-special-offer-jp-bundles-uk/

Another little site mini crash just there again.

It's strange that Splatoon was not given an option for pre-loading in Europe when other games before it had it.

Edited by Wii

The game is cheaper if you've played the demo in Europe - £31.49. So we do get something.

The Americans really did get a bad deal on the price($60). If I had of had to pay €50-55, I'd have waited until later to buy it especially after the last Splatoon Direct.

Did a review for it and I was not impressed. Overrated in my opinion. Some nice puzzles are heavily let down by awkward touch screen controls, unresponsive floaty jumping mechanics, bad jerky animation, frequent long loading and short play time due to easiness, that leads to an unlockable mode that is too frustratingly difficult to enjoy. 2-player mode plays well in an Affordable Space Adventures vibe of cooperative play, but the narration is annoying because of the unemotive narrator and poor script. The narration wants you to think that it is making some deep metaphoric tirade on the meaning of life and the futile effort required to stave off death. It rarely hits anything other than a superficial understanding and the whole story comes across as a childish take on existence itself.

Was not impressed, and left baffled how it was so highly regarded on other platforms.

New sales on eshop:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Splatoon – Available May 29 – Splatter enemies and claim your turf as ink-spraying, squid-like Inklings in Nintendo’s new mess fest! Challenge players online in chaotic four-on-four turf wars, and unleash squid powers to ink your way to victory. In these all-out online turf wars, you’ll need ink blasters, ink rollers, ink bombs and squid power on your side! Every splat of ink you spray gives you a chance to transform into a squid and hide, climb walls or travel at super speed. Rank up in online battles to unlock new weapons and fresh gear for your Inkling, complete with unique game-play perks. Or earn your stripes in the single-player mode to stop an evil octopus army that has kidnapped the electric catfish used to power the city of Inkopolis! This underground adventure has octopi to splatter, ink puzzles to solve and bosses to beat. No time to blink – prepare to ink!

Don’t Starve: Giant Edition – Fight, farm, craft, scavenge and do whatever it takes to survive in a wilderness filled with science, magic and things that go bump in the night. Randomly generated worlds and the constant threat of permadeath will keep you on your toes. But luckily, your trusty Wii U GamePad controller will be with you to display your inventory and map. Don’t Starve: Giant Edition will also launch with a special promotion: Customers who purchase the game will receive a bonus code for the full game that they can give to a friend.

Virtual Console on Wii U

Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon & Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun – Lan and Mega Man face double trouble as an incoming asteroid heads straight for Earth and a mysterious NetNavi threatens the network’s integrity! Game content is the same for Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon and Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, but NetNavi chips and other items may differ.

Mega Man Zero 3 – Surprise! Mega May 2015 wraps up today and as a special treat for the fans, we are releasing Mega Man Zero 3 along with the both versions of Mega Man Battle Network 4. In Mega Man Zero 3, Dr. Weil and Omega are plotting to use the Dark Elf’s power to seize command of Neo Arcadia! In this Game Boy Advance action classic, Zero must use everything at his disposal to stop their plan before all hope is lost.

Rival Turf! – Your Wii U console will be too cool for school after downloading this totally ’90s and totally awesome Super NES brawler. Punch, kick and slam your way through six stages of rough-and-tough action, solo or with a friend. Or fight against a friend and see who really owns the turf.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Transformers Prime (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS), The Amazing Spider-man 2 (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Activision are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 4.

1001 Spikes (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is 50 percent off (reduced from $15 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 18.

Color Zen (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS), Color Zen Kids (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and more games from Cypronia are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is up to 48 percent off (reduced to $12.90) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 31.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Zumba Fitness World Party is 75 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $9.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 1 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 8.

Fit Music is 56 percent off (reduced from $29.90 to $12.90) until 8: 59 a.m. PT on July 31.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Crash City Mayhem is 75 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 1 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 8.

Cave Story, VVVVVV and more games from Nicalis are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 18.

Monster Combine TD is 35 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 25.

Price reduction:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Shuttle Rush is reduced to $3.99 (from $7.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on May 28.

Also new this week:

Baila Latino (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

SDK Paint – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

GLORY OF GENERALS THE PACIFIC (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

G.G Series WONDERLAND (DSiWare and Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

So, any suggestions?

That's the North American press release. We get our European press release on Mondays excluding bank holidays. There's sales on there like the Transformer, Spiderman, Zumba and Fit Music that aren't valid over here.

That explains a lot of things :D. Now I see that I was looking at wiiudaily, instead if nintendo life, that's why I was surprised.

Mario Galaxy has just been announced to be coming to the Japanese Wii U eShop. Expect a rest of world release soon.

TRAUMA TEAM!? HOLY SHIT!! PLEASE RELEASE IT IN EUROPE!!!

I already have the U.S. Version on disc but I SO want it to finally get an EU release!!! You guys NEED to play it, it's AMAZING!! :bouncy: There's a very good reason why I put it in my Top 10 Wii Games list!

Also finally paves the way for 3rd party Wii re-releases on Wii U! Now how's about getting RE4 Wii out for download already so that I can play it Off TV! :yay:

Edited by Dcubed

Mario Galaxy has just been announced to be coming to the Japanese Wii U eShop. Expect a rest of world release soon.

Is it going to be HD, or?

Ha Ha! Not a chance. They do the bare minimum with these games.

Wii games on the eShop are completely identical to their disc counterparts. The only difference is that they feature heavily reduced loading times (by virtue of hard drives being much faster than the Wii discs when it comes to loading) and that games that originally supported the Classic Controller are playable Off TV via the Gamepad's buttons/sticks.

So they are completely untouched. They are literally Wii games made available as downloads, running in Wii mode.

Don't Starve: Giant Edition - 13,99 euros

FullBlast - 4,99 euros

Unepic - 4,99 euros

( MAYBE) Spy Chameleon - 3,99 euros

Now, these are the games I am thinking of getting, so which one should I choose? What do you guys think?