NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

What time do they put the games on sale?

Usually 2p.m. Don't know if I can give you any more advice or answers in the future. It seems EVERYTHING I post is NEGATIVE,

Hahahahahaha, please, I am new here, I will try to avoid all the fights you people have on this forum :D.

Thx. for the answer, I hope in about a week or two I will not have any questions anymore, or at least not that often, as I should know enough about everything important here :).

Fullblox - Launch Trailer (Nintendo 3DS)

Fullblox has arrived on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS. You can download and play 7 introductory puzzles for free.

4 DLC packs can then be purchased separately, or within a bundle.

That sort of price is alright for Revelations, but I think you could probably find better games for that money.

Whoa whoa whoa.

I know I'm a few days late responding to this but you need to calm it down with the Revelations bashing! :laughing:

It's a bloody good game and plays brilliantly on Wii U - especially the game pad.

Anyone who hasn't played it yet and wants something to play then that price is a complete steal. It's a better game than the recently released follow up. :)

I am waiting till tomorrow to see what they will offer and then I will decide if I am going for it (I did like the demo, but am waiting for ZombieU to be delivered, so I hope that maybe another good game, but a bit different will be on offer on eshop).

I thoroughly enjoyed Revelations and would recommend it as well. If you can find people online, the raid mode is great fun too.

https://www.residentevil.net/en/

I used to visit there and they would give out codes for special weapons and perks at various times throughout the year like at Halloween and they held little tournaments where the highest score would be rewarded with various bits and bobs.

Sorry it's been over a year since I played it so my recollections are sketchy.

How long does it take to complete the game (It will take longer for me, as I am not used to aim with the right analog stick)?

How long does it take to complete the game (It will take longer for me, as I am not used to aim with the right analog stick)?

I can't remember but it's definitely longer than 5-7 hours. :heh:

I definitely didn't feel short changed, it may have been around the 15-20 hour mark, there's a load of replayability and I put a lot of hours in online as well. If you can find people to play online it'll lengthen the play time considerably. I really struggled to find anyone online.

My play log says I've put in 42 hours.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Cool, that's great. I am always more interested in solo play, but like to sometimes play some online games, so it's not a huge deal if I don't find anyone (I did registered already, even If I am not sure I am going to buy the game :D).

Whoa whoa whoa.

I know I'm a few days late responding to this but you need to calm it down with the Revelations bashing! :laughing:

It's a bloody good game and plays brilliantly on Wii U - especially the game pad.

Anyone who hasn't played it yet and wants something to play then that price is a complete steal. It's a better game than the recently released follow up. :)

Haha! :D Okay Okay.

I did enjoy the first half of revelations and there were some great plot twists in there, but the second half was far worse, only managing to redeem itself a tiny bit before the end. It got all RE5 action, which if you're a fan of that way the series has gone would make it a fantastic game, but I'd rather it had continued the way it started with a lot more mystery than running and gunning.

I'm just saying in terms of all the Resi games it would come in the bottom half. And you could probably find better experiences with your money.

Haha! :D Okay Okay.

I did enjoy the first half of revelations and there were some great plot twists in there, but the second half was far worse, only managing to redeem itself a tiny bit before the end. It got all RE5 action, which if you're a fan of that way the series has gone would make it a fantastic game, but I'd rather it had continued the way it started with a lot more mystery than running and gunning.

I'm just saying in terms of all the Resi games it would come in the bottom half. And you could probably find better experiences with your money.

No I get all that. : peace:

I just found it to be a really good blend of the old school with some newness which made it feel like they'd taken some huge steps forward again after backtracking with RE:6.

However, RE Revelations 2 did go and throw it all away again somewhat :shakehead even though it was still enjoyable.

But yeah it definitely had its ups and down really but for me, far more ups.

Plus, I always think about when I got that game and how utterly amazed I was at how well it played and looked on 3DS at the time.

Incredible achievement really considering it was such a short amount of time into the consoles life. :)

No I get all that. : peace:

I just found it to be a really good blend of the old school with some newness which made it feel like they'd taken some huge steps forward again after backtracking with RE:6.

However, RE Revelations 2 did go and throw it all away again somewhat :shakehead even though it was still enjoyable.

But yeah it definitely had its ups and down really but for me, far more ups.

Plus, I always think about when I got that game and how utterly amazed I was at how well it played and looked on 3DS at the time.

Incredible achievement really considering it was such a short amount of time into the consoles life. :)

True, the game looks pretty incredible at times, the ship is fantastic as is the atmosphere on it, particularly during the first half.

It also adds a brilliant new mechanic

swimming!

and I love the build up to that and how you're just thrown into it, very tense!

It's an enjoyable game.

Swords & Soldiers II, yarn Kirby, Paper Mario, Curve Digital sale and more

It's time for another Monday morning to be brightened up by upcoming download delights, and this week's European Nintendo Download Update has some promising choices. On the Wii U we have an exclusive from Ronimo Games, a soft and cuddly Good-Feel game and a classic N64 title, while there are also a whole load of discounts and demos to consider. Let's get to the details.

Wii U eShop

Swords & Soldiers II (Ronimo Games, €18.99 / £16.99) - A Wii U exclusive and sequel to one of the finest Wiiware games, this is a real time strategy game with a side-on 2D perspective. You can play as Vikings, Persians or Demons in local multiplayer, while the meat of the experience is likely to be in the campaign. We anticipate humour and lovely cartoon visuals in this one, too; we'll let you know whether it lives up to its potential in our review.

Kirby's Epic Yarn (Nintendo, €14.99 / £13.49 until 28th May, then €19.99 / £17.99) - This was Good-Feel's first dabble in platforming with the yarn effect, taking its idea and applying it to the typically cute Kirby franchise. It proved to be a true gem on the Wii and we're pleased to see it make its way to the eShop; we absolutely loved this in our Kirby's Epic Yarn review.

Wii U Virtual Console

Paper Mario (Nintendo, €9.99 / £8.99) - This is the Nintendo 64 title where Mario's paper-based RPG adventures began. Though it's a relatively linear adventure it's full of wit and innovation, setting up a variety of sequels in the generations to follow. We described this as a "true classic" in our Paper Mario review.

Wii U Retail Release

Baila Latino (O2 Games, €29.90 / £24.90)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Shiny the Firefly (Padaone Games, €6.99 / £6.29 until 20th June, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones (Curve Digital, €6.99 / £6.49 until 4th June, normally €13.99 / £12.99)

Thomas Was Alone (Curve Digital, €3.99 / £3.99 until 4th June, normally €7.99 / £6.99)

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (Curve Digital, €5.99 / £4.99 until 4th June, normally €11.99 / £9.99)

The Swapper (Curve Digital, €7.49 / £5.99 until 4th June, normally €14.99 / £11.99)

OlliOlli (Curve Digital, €4.99 / £3.99 until 4th June, normally €9.99 / £7.99)

Master Reboot (Wales Interactive, €5.99 / £4.99 until 18th June, normally €11.99 / £9.99)

Wii U eShop Demo

Shiny the Firefly (Padaone Games, free)

3DS eShop Temporary Discounts

3D Game Collection (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.69 until 4th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)

Funfair Party Games (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.69 until 4th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)

Gardenscapes (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.49 until 4th June, normally €7.99 / £5.99)

Jewel Match 3 (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.99 until 4th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)

Safari Quest (Joindots, €4.99 / £3.99 until 4th June, normally €6.99 / £4.99)

Urban Trial Freestyle (Tait Multimedia, €1.99 / £1.69 until 4th June, normally €4.99 / £4.49)

Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (Akaoni Studio, €4.99 / £4.49 until 21st June, normally €7.00 / £6.30)

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (Atlus, €14.99 / £13.49 until 28th May, normally €29.99 / £24.99)

3DS eShop Demo

Adventure Bar Story (CIRCLE Entertainment, free)

3DS HOME Theme

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (Nintendo, free)

I can't say that I am to happy with the offer.

Is there any real chance that Nintendo will offer sales on e-shop for Captain Toad, Monster Hunter, Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario 3d World, or something similar?

Edited by Kounan
Automerged Doublepost

I never played Kirby's Epic Yarn, would people recommend it?

It was pretty well recieved but for myself as a big fan of Kirby I'd wished they hadn't tacked him onto it and ran it as a new IP. I felt it lacked some of the kirby-esque elements I'd have liked though it did also have some that kinda fit, admittedly. It's pretty and enjoyable, great visual style and audio, though challenge is debatable(I understand there are medals to aim for if you want to though) but if you're interested in Wooly World then maybe consider checking it out - WoolyWorld looks very much to be inspired by it for me. I think I played about half of it co-op mostly with Marcamillian as we split for it, then I leant it to him and have never played since - though I do sometimes get a bit of a yearning to.

I played through it again this year and still love it to bits. I think Kirby's Adventure Wii ( playing through that again at the moment ) is the better of the two but it's certainly well worth playing. Nando also played through it recently and he loved it as well.

Did you play the recent 3DS Triple Deluxe? It's good, but IMO Epic Yarn and Wii Adventure are by far better games. I played through both of Kirby's Wii games with a second player in tow. In 2-player mode they are brilliant, don't think I would have enjoyed single player as much.

Thanks all, I think I'll pick it up but maybe wait until after Wooly World to play it. Or maybe play it before, not sure...

Triple Deluxe is actually the only Kirby game I've ever played, but I really loved it.

Thanks all, I think I'll pick it up but maybe wait until after Wooly World to play it. Or maybe play it before, not sure...

Triple Deluxe is actually the only Kirby game I've ever played, but I really loved it.

Triple Deluxe is my fav, with Adventure Wii a close second. God tier games right there. :bowdown:

It's very different to Triple Deluxe, with that being more akin to what I'd expect for a Kirby game - but Epic Yarn is within itself an excellent game, and certainly something different. I recall thinking at the time it reminded me of Yoshi and Yoshi's Story, so I can see how Wooly World has come about too. The beauty(and possible curse) of Kirby is that he's pretty much exactly as malleable as his character, fitting him into all sorts of different settings over the years outside of his standard platforming(pinball, golf, blockball, yarn, racer...whatever canvas curse comes under ;) etc ) - yet still doing an excellent job of it. I think for the price of £14 it's definitely worth the punt too.

Did you play the recent 3DS Triple Deluxe? It's good, but IMO Epic Yarn and Wii Adventure are by far better games. I played through both of Kirby's Wii games with a second player in tow. In 2-player mode they are brilliant, don't think I would have enjoyed single player as much.

It's definitely an excellent game for a low-key co-op imo. All this talk is making me think I should get it back now...

Everyone should experience Thomas Was Alone for £3.99

Yep, that's exactly what I'm going to do tonight. Bought and finished Steamworld Dig last weekend, this will be next and after that I'll just play some Smash and Kart until Splatoon and Yoshi.. :yay:

Swords & Soldiers II (Ronimo Games) - €18.99/£16.99

Sharpen your beard and groom your Axe! The 2D strategy hit is back, exclusively for Wii U! The all-new Swords & Soldiers II is filled to the brim with gorgeous hand-animated artwork, endless replayability and heaps of good old fun! Command the rowdy Vikings, ingenious Persians and infernal Demons as you conquer the epic campaign or face off with your friends in local multiplayer! Join Chief Redbeard as he explores a beautiful new world and gets dragged into a globe-spanning evil plot involving a mysterious lamp, lots of roasted sheep and some delicious hot sauce. Every skirmish along the way will present a fresh challenge, so if you want to win this war you'll have to devise devious tactics using an ever-growing arsenal of powerful units and earth-shaking spells. Master the chill of the army-freezing Snowstorm, the dread of the skeleton-raising Crypt and the surprise of the invisible Desert Stalker to rule the world, in Swords & Soldiers II!

Anybody else think this game is going to bomb hard? Crazy price and the bite sized videos I've seen so far are dull as dishwater.

Swords & Soldiers II (Ronimo Games) - €18.99/£16.99

Sharpen your beard and groom your Axe! The 2D strategy hit is back, exclusively for Wii U! The all-new Swords & Soldiers II is filled to the brim with gorgeous hand-animated artwork, endless replayability and heaps of good old fun! Command the rowdy Vikings, ingenious Persians and infernal Demons as you conquer the epic campaign or face off with your friends in local multiplayer! Join Chief Redbeard as he explores a beautiful new world and gets dragged into a globe-spanning evil plot involving a mysterious lamp, lots of roasted sheep and some delicious hot sauce. Every skirmish along the way will present a fresh challenge, so if you want to win this war you'll have to devise devious tactics using an ever-growing arsenal of powerful units and earth-shaking spells. Master the chill of the army-freezing Snowstorm, the dread of the skeleton-raising Crypt and the surprise of the invisible Desert Stalker to rule the world, in Swords & Soldiers II!

Anybody else think this game is going to bomb hard? Crazy price and the bite sized videos I've seen so far are dull as dishwater.

The first game was awesome. I remember playing it back on the Wiiware service all those years ago. :)

It does seem very pricey and I don't think the original game was that much.

Kirby's Epic Yarn is WONDERFUL :love:

It gave me more than 20 hours of pure joy and I highly recommend it :smile: