NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Wii U eShop Temporary Discount

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games, €7.49 / £5.99 until 21st May, normally €14.99 / £12.99)

Ducktales: Remastered (Capcom, €6.69 / £5.39 until 28th May, normally €14.99 / £11.99)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom, €5.99 / £4.79 until 28th May, normally €14.99 / £11.99)

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, €14.99 / £11.99 until 28th May, normally €49.99 / £39.99)

Guac' a Mole (Madskull Creations, €2.69 / £2.39 until 11th June, normally €3.50 / £3.19)

Wooden Sen'SeY (Neko Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.39 until 21st May, normally €9.99 / £8.00)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/nintendo_download_14th_may_europe

I am thinking about Resident Evil, it looks like a good price? Is it better than ZombieU?

Is any of the other games on sale worth buying?

PS

Do they give sales every week?

Edited by Kounan

I might consider Giana Sisters at that price. It's supposed to be a good platformer.

It looks good, but I am trying to avoid 2d platformers for now, at least before I get something else.

Resident Evil Revelations is really good yeah, but I've only played id ton the 3DS and I think it lends itself to that a bit more, but I'm sure it still holds up pretty well. Personally, I preferred Zombi U but mainly because it's just a very unique experience with the gamepad.

Resident Evil Revelations is really good yeah, but I've only played id ton the 3DS and I think it lends itself to that a bit more, but I'm sure it still holds up pretty well. Personally, I preferred Zombi U but mainly because it's just a very unique experience with the gamepad.

OK, now I am not sure what to do :D. RER is 5 euros cheaper and for the 5 euros extra I could get Steamworld, and also ZombieU is always 20 euros, while this is on sale.

My only problem is that I am not a huge fan of Resident Evil, but if I spend the money now there will be no more games in 3-4 months, so I am not sure if I should wait for Monster Hunter to be on sale, or something like that, but than again, I could totally miss on everything :D.

Revelations is decent, it's certainly not really good.

I'd have thought ZombiU would be the better choice simply because it's designed for the gamepad and will offer a different experience.

Full Wii U eShop releases for this Thursday

Wii U eShop

Ultratron (Curve Digital, €8.49 / £6.50 until 28th May, regular price €9.99 / £7.99)

Nihilumbra (Beautifun Games, €6.99 / £5.49 until 28th May, regular price €8.99 / £6.99)

Wii U eShop Temporary Discount

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (Black Forest Games, €7.49 / £5.99 until 21st May, regular price €14.99 / £12.99)

Ducktales: Remastered (Capcom, €6.69 / £5.39 until 28th May, regular price €14.99 / £11.99)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Capcom, €5.99 / £4.79 until 28th May, regular price €14.99 / £11.99)

Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom, €14.99 / £11.99 until 28th May, regular price €49.99 / £39.99)

Guac’ a Mole (Madskull Creations, €2.69 / £2.39 until 11th June, regular price €3.50 / £3.19)

Wooden Sen’SeY (Neko Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.39 until 21st May, regular price €9.99 / £8.00)

Wii U Virtual Console

Mega Man Zero 4 (Capcom, GBA VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Capcom, GBA VC, €6.99 / £6.29)

TNT Racers - is this game any good?

I have decided, I will get Resident Evil and wait for ZombieU to be on sale, so I am only deciding what second game to get (I don't have any racing games, but do have Mario Kart 7 on Wii, so would not like to get some bad game just for the sake of it).

So if TNT Racers is not worth it, I will go for SteamWorld.

Thx.

I have decided, I will get Resident Evil and wait for ZombieU to be on sale, so I am only deciding what second game to get (I don't have any racing games, but do have Mario Kart 7 on Wii, so would not like to get some bad game just for the sake of it).

Thx.

Mario Kart 8 is the only racing game you need on Wii U : peace:

Thx.

I'm not sure Revelations is worth it, it's ok but nothing special, and probably better on 3DS than WiiU. ZombiU is at least designed around the Gamepad and would be a unique experience.

You can buy ZombiU really cheap online.

ZombiU was one of the main reasons I bought a WiiU and to this day is probably the best use of the Gamepad. (Obviously IMO)

I'm not sure Revelations is worth it, it's ok but nothing special, and probably better on 3DS than WiiU. ZombiU is at least designed around the Gamepad and would be a unique experience.

You can buy ZombiU really cheap online.

It's 20 euros on eshop, and Resident Evil is 14,99, so I thought of getting the Resident Evil now, and ZombieU when it's on sale or when I go to UK so I could probably get it there quite cheap at retailers. I can't get the game cheaper in Bosnia, where I am from.

Or isn't RE not even worth 14,99 euros?

Mario Kart 8 is the only racing game you need on Wii U : peace:

That's a clear answer :D. I've seen some reviews, so I also thought that Steamworld is a better idea.

Edited by Kounan
Automerged Doublepost

It's 20 euros on eshop, and Resident Evil is 14,99, so I thought of getting the Resident Evil now, and ZombieU when it's on sale or when I go to UK so I could probably get it there quite cheap at retailers. I can't get the game cheaper in Bosnia, where I am from.

Or isn't RE not even worth 14,99 euros?

That's an clear answer :D. I've seen some reviews, so I also thought that Steamworld is a better idea.

That sort of price is alright for Revelations, but I think you could probably find better games for that money.

Don't fancy something like Guacamelee, NES remix, Thomas was Alone, Child of Light, Shovel Knight?

That sort of price is alright for Revelations, but I think you could probably find better games for that money.

Don't fancy something like Guacamelee, NES remix, Thomas was Alone, Child of Light, Shovel Knight?

Right now I actually prefer an action/horror game and RE is the only one on sale (I've said before that I have Mario and Luigi as 2D platfomers, so wanted something else, plus if I choose that, I would have enough money for Steamworld).

I wanted Captain Toad (I just love that graphics), Monster Hunter, Zelda and some other games, but none of them is on sale, so it means it's to expensive for me (I could spend up to 30 euros max, but wouldn't do it on one game right now and 29,99 euros is the minimum I would have to pay for any of the games I would prefer right now).

Ah ok, maybe go for Resi then for now.

How much are Deus Ex, or Batman Arkham City?

Deus Ex 39 euros, Batman: Akrham Origins 59,99 (if it's the one you mean), there is also Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition and it's 19,99 euros.

Btw. right now there only few games I would give 30 euros for (Monster Hunter, Zelda, Lego: Undecover, Mario Kart and maybe Mario 3d).

Wow eShop prices are ridiculous!

There is another Batman game called Arkham City, but maybe it's not on there.

If you really want a game right now and don't want to save your money for a bit, seems Resi is the best choice.

Edited by Retro_Link

My problem is that I can't really get anything here for a normal price, so I have to look at eshop.

I am done with Mario (not the whole game, but now there are just some things to do and I almost only play it on the pad when I am putting my daughter to sleep), and Luigi shouldn't take long, so I will be out of games :).

I have a list of games and Resident Evil is on that list (not really high up, but it's there), so this price looks good, plus another game would be purchased.

I also want ZombieU, but I am hoping that it will go down to 10 euros and I could spend that much, as it will mean 3 games for 30, which is OK.

Saving doesn't really work as I will not pay the the prices which are on the eshop (maybe for 1-2 games), as I have family and friends in the UK and Germany and they can get it for me, or I can buy it there when I visit them, so even if I have 150 euros on my account, I will not spend it on 2 games :). You do get me. I just need some games now :).

Also, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist, is it any good? It's 29,99, but still want to know how good it is? Thx.

PS

ZombieU is 20 euros right now.

If you have family and friends in the UK, get them to buy you Zombi U from Amazon for £6.64 which is something like 8 euros!!

Also Batman Arkham City is about 10 euros.

I think @Hero\-of\-Time and @dazzybee had Splinter Cell, they might be able to tell you.

I did just ask my nephew to check the prices for ZombieU, but still would have to wait a till summer to get it.

One last question, are these sales on eshop every week, or how often do they happen? I don't need to buy RE now, I can wait for the next sale and see what options I do have, but obviously, it's not good if I have to wait for 2-3 weeks.

There are discounts on the eShop every week, but there's no telling what games will be discounted until the Monday press release before the eShop updates on the Thursday 2:00pm (UK time). The last time RE was reduced in price was at least 5 months back, so if you can wait that long to see what else gets reduced??

Splinter Cell is good, but the online portion of the game is now redundant due to lack of players. Not worth 30 Euros, it was on sale about 5 months too.

Splinter Cell was a great game but the online was pretty broken and the loading times were horrific. You can probably pick it up for around £10 brand new these days.

Thx. The offers will be active till late may, so I will probably wait to see what they will offer on next monday, maybe I will get lucky :D.