NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Is that OlliOlli a new release or just price reduction?

New release, can buy it for £6.79 until 19/03/15 it seems, cross-buy on the same NNID is a nice bonus. :)

New release, can buy it for £6.79 until 19/03/15 it seems, cross-buy on the same NNID is a nice bonus. :)

Ah right. Was just wondering as it seemed weird to be releasing it now with OlliOlli2 coming out next week.

Kung-Fu Heroes Wii U Virtual Console trailer

Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll Wii U Virtual Console trailer

OlliOlli trailer

1425314829287.jpg

As part of Wayforward's 25th anniversary celebration will have the following games discounted on the eShop:

Nintendo Wii U eShop (3/12/-3/19, North America, Europe, Australia/New Zealand):

– Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U) – 75% off

– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U) – 75% off

– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U) – 25% off

– Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (Wii U) – 75% off

– Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U) – 75% off

– Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U) – 25% off

Brilliant! Was just about to get Mighty Switch Force on Wii U and now it's cheaper!

Now I can consider buying Shantae and the Pirate's Curse! : peace:

Not that it wasn't already reasonably priced, there just didn't seem to be much point purchasing it right away during a busy release period, but now I shall snap it up at that price. :D

€3.50 for both games is fairly sweet. The original is €10 while the sequel is €5. How come? Also noticed the sequel is a quarter the size of the original. Is it a short game? Must read up about it.

€3.50 for both games is fairly sweet. The original is €10 while the sequel is €5. How come? Also noticed the sequel is a quarter the size of the original. Is it a short game? Must read up about it.

I assume you are on about the MSF games. The original was given a nice HD make over while the sequel was just ported over from the 3DS.

Now I can consider buying Shantae and the Pirate's Curse! : peace:

Not that it wasn't already reasonably priced, there just didn't seem to be much point purchasing it right away during a busy release period, but now I shall snap it up at that price. :D

Yep, you, Wii and others were proven to be wiser! That said, I couldn't not buy it straight away. I had to!

My Activity Log says 17 hours for the 1st game, with just under 11 hours for the 2nd (subtract time spent just listening to the music :heh:). The 2nd game is quite short if you don't go for the Par times though.

The best way to explain it is this:

Mighty Switch Force (3DS) - 16 stages + 5 bonus stages

Mighty Switch Force 2 (3DS) - 16 stages

Mighty Switch Force (Wii U) - 16 stages + 5 bonus stages + all those remixed (42 total)

Mighty Switch Force 2 (Wii U) - 16 stages

That's my understanding anyway (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). They've just made a port of MSF 2 for iOS, so maybe there will be some bonus stages for that one day? Who knows?

Great games anyway, all three of them, and I hope they get a bigger audience now.

It's imperative that you get MSF 2 and Shantae on 3DS, guys.

The WiiU version doesn't do those games any favours.

MSF 1 on the other hand should definitely be gotten on WiiU.

That price is so good, I might just double dip on MSF 1 despite owning the 3DS version.

It's imperative that you get MSF 2 and Shantae on 3DS, guys.

The WiiU version doesn't do those games any favours.

MSF 1 on the other hand should definitely be gotten on WiiU.

That price is so good, I might just double dip on MSF 1 despite owning the 3DS version.

Excellent advice, but if you don't have a 3DS I wouldn't actually avoid the Wii U versions. Shantae (haven't played MSF 2 yet) doesn't look bad on a GamePad.

Why is it so bad to have Shantae on Wii U? I have Shovel Knight on Wii U and I don't mind pixels on a big screen.

Why is it so bad to have Shantae on Wii U? I have Shovel Knight on Wii U and I don't mind pixels on a big screen.

Shovel Knight WiiU was made with the WiiU in mind. So it looks great.

Shantae on the other hand is literally the 3DS version but blown up. The sprites don't look great on TV.

Check out the Miiverse community to see what I mean. Or ask Goron_3.

Downloaded this on the cheap from the Russian eShop and loving it so far! Reminds me of Gaucamelee although I kind of wish I got the 3DS version as it does look a bit too stretched on my TV :( Controls very well though.

Of course, if you don't have a 3DS. The WiiU one is still great, but the 3DS one is the ideal version.

Edited by Glen-i

As @Glen\-i has mentioned, the Wii U version is simply the 3DS one but blown up, whereas Shovel Knight is designed to run on a big screen.

That said, it looks very good on the gamepad! :)

Shantae on the other hand is literally the 3DS version but blown up. The sprites don't look great on TV.

Check out the Miiverse community to see what I mean. Or ask Goron_3.

Not that I disagree, but you can't put a real 1080p screen grab on Miiverse - whichever image you select (TV or GamePad), the result on Miiverse is similar to what you see on the GamePad.

Below: 3DS and Wii U compared (similar scenes):

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

As you can see, the character art is a heck of a lot sharper on Wii U. Note how the lettering is re-sized too.

If in doubt, just follow Glen-i's advice.

Fingers crossed we don't get yet another $h1t€ week of releases for the Wii U. The Mighty Switch Force price reduction come Thursday will ensure at least 1 purchase, more than likely 2.

[TWEET]574715009755910144[/TWEET]

Freedom Planet Official Launch Trailer

This is coming to the eShop. Looks decent but I'd suggest muting the start.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Freedom Planet Official Launch Trailer

This is coming to the eShop. Looks decent but I'd suggest muting the start.

We are finally getting a good Sonic game on the Wii U!

I've been wanting to play this for a while now. Gaf have sung it's praises since it released.

The Fall(Over The Moon) €9.99 / £6.99

Experience the first story in a mind bending trilogy! The Fall was recently awarded Game of the Year for Best Story from Giant Bomb. Take on the role of ARID, the artificial intelligence aboard a high-tech combat suit. ARID’s program activates after crashing on an unknown planet. The human pilot within the combat suit is unconscious, and it is ARID’s duty to protect him at all costs! As she progresses into her twisted and hostile surroundings, driven to find medical aid before it is too late, the realities of what transpired on this planet force ARID to reflect upon her own protocols. ARID’s journey to save her pilot ultimately challenges the very rules that are driving her. The Fall is a unique combination of adventure-game puzzle solving, and side-scroller action, all set within a dark and atmospheric story. Exploration will be paramount to surviving your adventure. Utilise ARID’s flashlight to uncover a myriad of interactive objects. If what you uncover is hostile, switch on your laser sight and kick some metal! Get ready for a disturbing journey as you fight, explore, and think your way forward, expanding ARID’s world, in spite of her protocols.

Punch-Out!! Wii €19.99 / £17.99

Get your gloves on and return to the ring – Punch-Out!! is making a comeback! An intuitive control scheme takes you closer to the action in the ring than ever before! Unleash hooks, uppercuts and Star Punches by swinging the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, or flip your controller sideways to enjoy the classic NES control scheme. As big-hearted Bronx brawler Little Mac, you’ll have to launch a one-man assault on the boxing world as you bid to become undisputed champ of the Minor, Major and World circuits. Along the way you’ll lock horns with the likes of Glass Joe, Von Kaiser and the hard-hitting King Hippo. A total of 13 flamboyant fighters stand in your path, every one with a creative new way of trying to make sure you end up face-down on the canvas. Have you always thought you could have been a contender? Then get ready to rumble in the all-action Punch-Out!! for Wii.

My Style Studio: Notebook €2.99 / £2.69

Create fantastic paintings, sketch, take notes or make a flipbook animation. This is the place where players of all ages can enjoy painting using a full set of powerful yet easy-to-use image editing tools. Use the pen or pencil to sketch or make your notes, and the brush and smudge tool to paint gorgeous artwork. Mix your photos with drawings and paintings or make a flipbook animation. You can also personalise your notebook by drawing on the cover. When you’re done, share your creation by posting to Miiverse.

Metroid: Zero Mission €6.99 / £6.29

In this acclaimed retelling of the original Metroid adventure, step into the boots of bounty hunter Samus Aran as she infiltrates planet Zebes for the first time, to take down the Space Pirates and Mother Brain… but this is not the Zebes that you might remember! Metroid: Zero Mission features completely redesigned environments, based on the original maze-like levels, but enhanced with new features like Morph Ball launchers and zip lines; and it’s crawling with vicious new enemies and bosses. Plus – once you’ve defeated Mother Brain, the mission is far from over!

We're still yet to receive a Wii game that can be played just using the GamePad, aren't we? I wonder if they're having to wait for an OS update.

I posted it last week but just a reminder.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Mighty Switch Force: Hyper Drive Edition (WayForward, €2.49 / £2.24 until 19th March, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (WayForward, €1.25 / £1.25 until 19th March, normally €5.00 / £5.00)

Shantae And The Pirate's Curse (WayForward, 12.74 / £11.99 until 19th March, normally €16.99 / £15.99)

Metroid: Zero Mission Wii U Virtual Console trailer

I recall @Fierce_LiNk showing an interest in Metroid Zero Mission recently so just thought I'd bring his attention to it's impending availability on Wii U :heh:

I recall @Fierce_LiNk showing an interest in Metroid Zero Mission recently so just thought I'd bring his attention to it's impending availability on Wii U :heh:

I do still want to play it, but I'm not exactly in a rush to at the moment as I've got a lot of games that I'm either already joining or at yet to start.

Plus, my WiiU has been disconnected for at least a month. Maybe two. Can't see that changing any time soon.

(also, not sure how much space I have left on the drive...)

I do still want to play it, but I'm not exactly in a rush to at the moment as I've got a lot of games that I'm either already joining or at yet to start.

Plus, my WiiU has been disconnected for at least a month. Maybe two. Can't see that changing any time soon.

(also, not sure how much space I have left on the drive...)

To be honest, I'm not particularly keen on the idea of playing handheld games from GBA and DS on Wii U :hmm:

If you're not desperate to play it right now, I'd say wait for Nintendo's next handheld as I'd imagine it pretty likely you'll be able to download it on there. That's if you can stomach buying another Nintendo console again. You've changed :heh: