NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

The translations really bad, you might want to use a guide.

I'm hoping that you mean bad in a good way, like BoF 2.

(Smells like rain? What does that even mean?)

But I'm guessing it's more unhelpful then funny...

That aside, is it still enjoyable? I liked the sequel a lot and as far as I can tell, the GBA version has exactly the same text as the SNES version. So I've had more than my fair share of abbreviated words.

4th of December Wii U eShop releases;

Wii U eShop

Cake Ninja 3: The Legend Continues (Cypronia, €4.99 / £4.49) — Slash cakes to pieces with the stylus.

Wii U Virtual Console

Crash ‘n the Boys: Street Challenge (Arc System Works, NES VC, €4.99 / £3.49) — 60Hz US version.

S.C.A.T. (Natsume, NES VC, €4.99 / £3.49) — 60Hz US version.

Shadow of the Ninja (Natsume, NES VC, €4.99 / £3.49) — 60Hz US version.

Wii U eShop Temporary Discounts

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Disney, €17.49 / £14.99 until 11th December, regular price €34.99 / £29.99)

Fit Music for Wii U (OXYGENES RL, €14.90 / £12.40 until 30th January, regular price €29.90 / £24.90)

Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (OXYGENES RL, €14.90 / £12.40 until 30th January, regular price €29.90 / £24.90)

DuckTales: Remastered (Capcom, €7.49 / £5.99 until 11th December, regular price €14.99 / £11.99)

Abyss (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 25th December, regular price €1.99 / £1.79)

99 Seconds (EnjoyUp Games, €1.49 / £1.34 until 25th December, regular price €2.49 / £2.29)

Wii U Demo

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Sega, free)

Has anyone here played the original Breath Of Fire?

I've played the GBA version of BoF 2 and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Same for me. I think I started/tried emuing the first one at some point after - I didn't find myself quite as gripped into it as I had with BoF2(recall being on it pretty much every moment I had til I finished) and eventually didn't bother to finish it as it started to drag for me. Whether that was due to not being handheld, the graphics, a higher difficulty or just actual differences; I couldn't really say. I just recall being at a point where I felt I was just grinding through a difficult dungeon and couldn't be arsed anymore.

This week's European downloads - December 11

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Zen Pinball 2: South Park Pinball (trial) (Zen Studios, Add-on Content) - Free

Zen Pinball 2: South Park Pinball (unlock) (Zen Studios, Add-on Content) - €4.99/£3.99

It's South Park, pinball style! Join Cartman, Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Butters in these totally sweet pinball adventures! Zen Pinball 2 is a free download on Nintendo eShop. Please note that in order to play a purchased table or table pack, the trial version of the same offer also needs to be downloaded.

Zen Pinball 2: Core Collection (trial) (Zen Studios, Add-on Content) - Free

Zen Pinball 2: Core Collection (unlock) (Zen Studios, Add-on Content) - €9.99/£7.99

Zen Pinball 2 Core Collection, a package of four masterfully crafted pinball tables including Secrets of the Deep, Biolab, Rome and Pasha. Zen Pinball 2 is a free download on Nintendo eShop. Please note that in order to play a purchased table or table pack, the trial version of the same offer also needs to be downloaded.

Zen Pinball 2: Venom Table (trial) (Zen Studios, Add-on Content) - Free

Zen Pinball 2: Venom Table (unlock) (Zen Studios, Add-on Content) - €2.99/£2.39

Spider-Man's greatest enemy is ready for a fight! After Spidey rejected an alien Symbiote, it needed another host to survive and chose Eddie Brock, sensing that they have one thing in common: an intense hatred of Spider-Man. Together, they are Venom! Zen Pinball 2 is a free download on Nintendo eShop. Please note that in order to play a purchased table or table pack, the trial version of the same offer also needs to be downloaded.

Tested with robots! (M.R. Games) - €10.00/£9.00

You are the new employee of a factory that created levels for video games. You must test each level using robots. Robots are easy to control, but the levels to be tested are becoming more difficult. New gameplay elements appear throughout the tests such as enemies or buttons to activate... Some levels are real puzzles! Three difficulty levels are available as difficulty "extreme" (no checkpoints within levels) and an "against the clock" mode is also included.

Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.79

Combine the non-stop action of a pinball game with the thrill of catching Pokémon! In Pokémon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire, control the flippers to shoot the Poké Ball at themed targets on two challenging tables based on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire. Rack up as many points as possible as you try to catch more than 200 Pokémon, featuring your favourite characters from the classic Hoenn Pokédex. There are bonus stages to enjoy, and Pokémon can even evolve.

Special offers

Angry Bunnies: Colossal Carrot Crusade (Cypronia) - €4.85/£4.49 (Ends February 2, regular price €6.99/£5.99)

Barbie Dreamhouse Party (Little Orbit) - €15.00/£13.50 (Ends January 30, regular price €29.99/£24.99)

BLOK DROP U (RCMADIAX) - €0.99/£0.79 (Ends January 7, regular price €1.49/£1.29)

Color Zen (Cypronia) - €2.24/£2.24 (Ends February 2, regular price €2.99/£2.99)

Color Zen Kids (Cypronia) - €2.24/£2.24 (Ends February 2, regular price €2.99/£2.99)

Monster High 13 Wishes (Little Orbit) - €15.00/£13.50 (Ends January 30, regular price €29.99/£24.99)

My Style Studio: Hair Salon (Cypronia) - €3.74/£3.35 (Ends February 2, regular price €4.99/£4.49)

Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - €14.99/£11.99 (Ends December 18, regular price €49.99/£39.99)

Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - £19.99 (Permanent, was £24.99)

Rise of the Guardians (BANDAI NAMCO Games) - €19.99/£19.99 (Permanent, was €44.99/£35.99)

This week's releases for the WiiU eShop week starting 18th Dec.;

Wii U eShop

99Moves (EnjoyUp Games, €2.49 / £2.29)

Wii U Virtual Console

Mighty Final Fight (Capcom, NES VC, €4.99 / £3.49) – 60 Hz US version.

Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight (Capcom, NES VC, €4.99 / £3.49) — 60 Hz US version.

Wii U Retail Downloads

Transformers Prime The Game (Activision, €49.99 / £39.99)

Angry Birds Trilogy (Activision, €39.99 / £29.99)

Wii U eShop Promotion

99Moves (EnjoyUp Games, 40% off if you already own 99Seconds, Abyss, Darts Up, Rock Zombie or Unepic on the same Wii U)

Wii U eShop Demo

Art of Balance (Shin’en Multimedia, free)

Duck Hunt has been confirmed for release in Japan next week.

[TWEET]545025067454062592[/TWEET]

I don't see why it can't be ready for all regions next week. How much effort would it take? It's over a month since the VC reveal and that was tied and most likely held back for the Duck Hunt Dog reveal in Smash Bros. They probably had it on the back burner a good while before that.

Also, the Special Offers have been for the most part fairly crappy the last few weeks. Next week is Christmas, it's the time for giving and it can't have escaped Nintendo's notice that Christmas Day falls on Thursday, the day eShop releases go live. So I'm hoping and expecting Nintendo to be generous with presents of good Special Offers and good VC releases. Don't be Scrooge and bah humbug about it!

I'm 11 points short of the £5 Premium Discount offer so I'm hoping something arrives before Christmas that I want on the Wii U eShop. If not, I reckon I'll buy a 24-Hour Wii Sports Club pass to take me past the threshold so that I can claim my money :heh:

I'm 11 points short of the £5 Premium Discount offer so I'm hoping something arrives before Christmas that I want on the Wii U eShop. If not, I reckon I'll buy a 24-Hour Wii Sports Club pass to take me past the threshold so that I can claim my money :heh:

I believe it was specifically said in the promotion website that you can't get points from karaoke or Wii Sports passes...

There's a load of games with up to 50% off on the eShop. Steam World Dig is half price at only €4.49 and the one that caught my eye and will be purchasing. I didn't see that mentioned in any press release so check it out for others that might suit yourself. Also there's:

• Nano Assault Neo — €7.49 / £6.70 (normally €9.99 / £8.99)
  • Art of Balance — €6.70 / £5.35 (normally €8.99 / £7.15)

Edited by Wii

I believe it was specifically said in the promotion website that you can't get points from karaoke or Wii Sports passes...

Ah.. that sucks :heh: If we manage to get Duck Hunt for Christmas, though, I'll buy that instead :smile:

You Can Now Celebrate As The Bizarre Meme Run Is Now On Wii U eShop

Forget games such as Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8, Meme Run is probably the most anticipated game of the year for many. The game is so bizarre that’s it’s hard to describe, but if you love your random internet memes then you’re in for a treat. You can watch the hyper active trailer for the game above and then decide whether the game is for you, or whether it’s going to scar you for life.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/21/you-can-now-celebrate-as-the-bizarre-meme-run-is-now-on-wii-u-eshop/

Good God above what is this digital manifestation of diarrhea? How was this allowed on the eShop. I pray this never ever makes it over here. Words can't convey what I thnk of this. I checked the eShop and thankfully I can't find any remnant of it. It's just in the US at the minute and it's $5. Nintendo should not have let this happen.

On a brighter note that nice tune is still playing there. What is it from? I really like it, it's very catchy. I know sometimes they say on the home page what it's from but not this time.

As if I needed a review to confirm what I already know but still it cements the view of this cankerous sore.

Conclusion

With releases like Meme Run, Nintendo needs to start taking a hard look at its eShop policies on the Wii U. This is a game that simply should not have been released, and certainly not for its outlandish asking price. There is no reason to purchase Meme Run — not for a laugh, not for a good time, not for anything. Stay away from this miserable game and spend your hard-earned money and time elsewhere.

1/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/meme_run

2/10

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/review/meme-run-review-wii-u/

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

This week's downloads - December 25

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Activision) - €59.99/£49.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 takes place outside the events of the second film in a unique story where Spider-Man discovers a larger threat to NYC that has turned the underworld upside down. Villains from the film as well as fan-favourite, classic Marvel characters are woven together in a twisted web of adrenaline-fueled, free-roaming, web-slinging action that puts players on a collision course with an evil far beyond Spider-Man's reckoning.

TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark (Activision) - €59.99/£49.99

Explore two unique worlds as your favourite TRANSFORMERS characters from TRANSFORMERS: Age of Extinction and Cybertron universes! Weave your way through Earth and Cybertron universes in an unforgettable battle to secure the Dark Spark.

Spy Chameleon (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (€3.99/£3.59 if you own 99Seconds, Abyss, Darts Up, Rock Zombie or Unepic on Wii U)

Don't let the comic look fool you. Being a good RGB agent requires a lot of talent. Spy Chameleon is an arcade-puzzle game where the player must avoid being seen thanks to the chameleon's ability to change colours and camouflage. Through 5 missions and 75 levels, the player will discover different enemies and abilities to complete these super-secret missions: taking photos of a celebrity with her lover and stealing the secret formula of a successful soft drink are just two examples. Watch your enemies, choose the best path and run to the next safe point. The duration of each level can mean finishing a game in just minutes or spending hours trying to complete the missions and all the challenges, getting the best time among your friends or completing all the achievements.

Duck Hunt (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Originally released as a launch title for the NES, Duck Hunt is a true classic that will really test your reflexes. Ready, aim...pow! If the ducks go down, you win. If the shots go wide, you'll suffer your hunting dog's sniggering! Now played with the Wii Remote instead of the Zapper light gun, it's otherwise exactly as you might remember it. Game A and Game B modes offer different difficulty levels (and a second player can even control the duck!) while Game C ups the challenge further with fast, small clay pigeons. Wii Remote required to play. This is the US version of the game.

Kuru Kuru Kururin (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

Steady your hands and steel your nerves for one of the most challenging puzzle-action games ever created. Kuru Kuru Kururin puts you in control of a rotating helicopter that must be carefully manoeuvred through increasingly tight and tricky labyrinthine levels. Avoid the walls and obstacles, or you'll lose precious time and lives, as you try to reach the goal. It starts simple but soon you'll be facing moving pistons, floating spikes and all manner of dangers. Kuru Kuru Kururin is easy to pick up but impossible to put down!

Mega Man Zero (CAPCOM, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

Awakened after a century of sleep, in a strange war torn world, Zero becomes the hero in the first of his own series of adventures. Mega Man Zero sees the cybernetic warrior join forces with a resistance group battling a strangely familiar foe. This new spin-off series introduced new gameplay elements like mission-based levels, and weapons that level-up as you gain more experience; and also Cyber Elves: small but powerful creatures that grant a wide range of useful abilities.

Mario Party Advance (Nintendo, GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29

Mario and friends bring the party to Game Boy Advance with a dizzying range of activities for single players plus their pals. Mario Party Advance also introduces Professor E. Gadd's Gaddgets: wacky toys and tricks that bring the fun outside of the game. Bowser has crashed the party and scattered all the minigames around Shroom City. Collect them all by completing the single-player game boards. Once unlocked, minigames can be played as often as you like. Earn coins to unlock Gaddgets such as the Compatibility Meter which lets you see how strong your friendships really are!

Special offers

Super Mario 3D World - €39.99/£34.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €59.99/£49.99)

Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €19.99/£15.99)

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft) - €14.99/£9.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €29.99/£19.99)

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth (Ubisoft) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €19.99/£15.99)

Rabbids Land (Ubisoft) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €19.99/£15.99)

Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) - €14.99/£9.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €29.99/£19.99)

Sports Connection (Ubisoft) - €4.99/£3.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €19.99/£15.99)

ZombiU (Ubisoft) - €9.99/£7.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €19.99/£15.99)

Just Dance 2015 (Ubisoft) - €29.99/£22.49 (Ends January 1, regular price €39.99/£39.99)

Watch_Dogs (Ubisoft) - €39.99/£33.49 (Ends January 1, regular price €59.99/£49.99)

Cloudberry Kingdom (Ubisoft) - €4.89/£3.89 (Ends January 1, regular price €9.99/£7.99)

Child of Light (Ubisoft) - €4.89/£3.89 (Ends January 1, regular price €14.99/£11.99)

Knytt Underground (Ripstone Publishing) - €4.45/£3.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €8.99/£7.99)

Pure Chess (Ripstone Publishing) - €4.45/£3.99 (Ends January 1, regular price €2.99/£2.49)

Rock Zombie (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.89/£4.29 (Ends January 15, regular price €6.99/£6.29)

Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails (Dakko Dakko) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends January 1, regular price €9.99/£8.99)

Stick It To The Man (Ripstone Publishing) - €3.99/£3.49 (Ends January 1, regular price €7.99/£6.99)

TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends January 8, regular price €7.99/£6.99)

Toki Tori 2 + (Two Tribes Publishing) - €2.99/£2.49 (Ends January 7, regular price €14.99/£12.99)

Special mention for Child Of Light, at €4.89/£4.29 it would be rude not to buy it.

Also, Toki Tori 2 + at €2.99/£2.49. I'm getting this as well. Missed the chance last time.

I may need to start looking at investing in an external hard drive soon.

Does anybody know what that music is playing on the eShop? I really like it.

I'm pretty tempted to buy some of those Wii U eShop games..I've got no space left on my Wii U but I'm debating just buying AC4 and Splinter Cell and playing them next year when I've cleared my backlog. Child of Light at that price is a bargain too!

Just as a warning, I've played Mario Party Advance.

My advice is, don't play Mario Party Advance.

Does anyone know what that music playing on the eShop is from?

Ha, you've asked a thousand times. I'll check now for you.

As for duck hunt, someone who has it has said you CANNOT remove the cursor. And also moaned it was too easy now, obviously. Are they just being thick? Or are Nintendo thick?

Edited by dazzybee

As for duck hunt, someone who has it has said you CANNOT are once the cursor. And also moaned it was too easy now, obviously. Are they just being thick? Or are Nintendo thick?

Wait what? :blank:

I'm confused as this doesn't make sense but are you saying that you 'can't turn off the cursor' in the new Duck Hunt? If so then that shouldn't be... I'm a bit concerned though as to what's wrong with the cursor now - or lack of one hopefully - as I'm looking forward to playing this tomorrow hopefully; so any further clarification or impressions would be appreciated please. :)

Wait what? :blank:

I'm confused as this doesn't make sense but are you saying that you 'can't turn off the cursor' in the new Duck Hunt? If so then that shouldn't be... I'm a bit concerned though as to what's wrong with the cursor now - or lack of one hopefully - as I'm looking forward to playing this tomorrow hopefully; so any further clarification or impressions would be appreciated please. :)

Edited :) But yes, he reckons you can't remove the cursor, so it's always there in the screen, which makes the game painfully easy. Surely Nintendo will allow you to remove it....

Ha, you've asked a thousand times. I'll check now for you.

As for duck hunt, someone who has it has said you CANNOT remove the cursor. And also moaned it was too easy now, obviously. Are they just being thick? Or are Nintendo thick?

It's my 4th time asking. :D I've looked myself but can't find any reference to it. It's nice catchy tune that fits the festive season very well.

I seen a Youtube video of Duck Hunt this morning and I agree it does look very easy now. I'll have a trawl for it.

Edited by Wii

It's my 4th time asking. :D I've looked myself but can't find any reference to it. It's nice catchy tune that fits the festive season very well.

I seen a Youtube video of Duck Hunt this morning and I agree it does look very easy now. I'll have a trawl for it.

Hmmm. I'm pretty certain that's off mario 3D world.

As for duck hunt, didn't someone find a manual that said you can turn cursor off?