NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

So.... Scram Kitty this week. Who's gettin' it?

I very much like the look (and sound :awesome:) of this one, but not sure if I'll be getting it right away. :blank:

Still really into Pocket Football Club and Mario Golf at the moment, and now that my backlog is under control I don't want to get back to that bad habit of buying new games before fully finishing my latest purchases.

Yep. Too many good games on the go at the moment...

Pocket Footy is now top of my 3DS played list. Insane amount of time spent on that.

Still playing the insanely deep ACIV on WiiU too. Too much goodness and MK8 incoming. :-0

I've got a review code for it but alas, my exams aren't over until the 30th :( Looking forward to some real indie action though :)

Pocket Footy is now top of my 3DS played list. Insane amount of time spent on that.
Wow! :o

Have you beaten the game, does it even have an end/credits?

I've got a review code for it but alas, my exams aren't over until the 30th :( Looking forward to some real indie action though :)
Nice. :smile:

Who do you review for?

I very much like the look (and sound :awesome:) of this one, but not sure if I'll be getting it right away. :blank:

Still really into Pocket Football Club and Mario Golf at the moment, and now that my backlog is under control I don't want to get back to that bad habit of buying new games before fully finishing my latest purchases.

Me me me! I loved that game at Eurogamer Expo! It's gonna be great :D

Me me me! I loved that game at Eurogamer Expo! It's gonna be great :D
Hehehe! You gonna be playing it though, or are you still on your wait until everything is out thingy? :heh:

Hehehe! You gonna be playing it though, or are you still on your wait until everything is out thingy? :heh:

Less than 3 weeks to go until Xmas In Summer for me :) This'll fit in nicely alongside MK8, DKCTF and the rest ;)

Nice. :smile:

Who do you review for?

It's for my University students magazine (http://www.impactnottingham.com/).

The gaming section to the site is pretty new and has quite a small readership (I think last year we hit 27,000 unique visitors) but it's good enough to get indie games.

Although getting E3 tickets is a dream that will never happen :heh:

Yeah I have a review code for it too... Though I'm going to cannes tomorrow so the review will be hard to do... Might pass it on... Or just play it all day and night today... :) can't wait. Looks amazing.

It's for my University students magazine (http://www.impactnottingham.com/).

The gaming section to the site is pretty new and has quite a small readership (I think last year we hit 27,000 unique visitors) but it's good enough to get indie games.

Although getting E3 tickets is a dream that will never happen :heh:

Wow! Well done! Would never have expected a uni mag to ever get so big! (Certainly not big enough to actually get review copies :o )

Hell if you've gotten this far I wouldn't say that E3 is an impossibility. Tie it into your uni's game dev courses (assuming your uni has one) and you never know...

Definitely for me, day 1. Been waiting for a nice shooter to come along, after Nano Assault Neo. It's been a long wait.

Wow! Well done! Would never have expected a uni mag to ever get so big! (Certainly not big enough to actually get review copies :o )

Hell if you've gotten this far I wouldn't say that E3 is an impossibility. Tie it into your uni's game dev courses (assuming your uni has one) and you never know...

Yeah it's weird, we get a LOT of readers. We always win the national student journalism awards and we get many students into jobs in the industry so I guess we're one of the lucky few. I wrote a Formula 1 article once and I had guys from Mexico commenting on it...!

We did actually try for E3 last year and edited various Wiki pages to show how seriously our reviews are taken, but alas it didn't work. I'd try again next year but it's doubtful given how expensive flights are. I mean, do N-E get E3 passes?!

I'm still in the championship hah. I've been taking my sweet time with it and my nephew has it so loads of competitive play. Not sure on end credits yet. :wtf:

I need to start looking at more eShop games. The fridge is full with DKC being a culprit with 11gb and Sanic Transformers racing being 4gb.

Edited by tapedeck

After the original version established itself among the top-tier of WiiWare games, Wii U owners may be pleased to hear that Swords & Soldiers HD is due very soon — it'll arrive on the eShop in North America and Europe on 22nd May at a budget price of $2.99 / €2.99 / £2.69.

Bargain!

I loved the original on the Wii and will probably pick the HD version up for that bargain basement price.

Bargain!

I loved the original on the Wii and will probably pick the HD version up for that bargain basement price.

I've never actually played this one (it was always one I had meant to pick up on Wii Ware and never actually got round to doing it), so you can bet that I'm gonna jump on that faster than a Viking on a banana hoard! :D

Just read that scram kitty forces off tv play. Won't be buying that game.

As in you can only play the game on the game-pad and not on the TV screen?

Or are we talking Wonderful 101 style where it has sections of the game which move to the game-pad?

If you can only play on the game-pad then I find that a very odd decision indeed.

As in you can only play the game on the game-pad and not on the TV screen?

Or are we talking Wonderful 101 style where it has sections of the game which move to the game-pad?

If you can only play on the game-pad then I find that a very odd decision indeed.

It's designed to be played on the Gamepad, with the player occasionally glancing at the TV for guidance (or for onlookers to shout out to the player about stuff that only shows up on the TV, co-op style)

Of course you CAN just play it on the TV, but the onscreen HUD stuff (text boxes, icons, character portraits etc) seemingly tends to be obtrusive since it's not designed to be played that way...

Not true. All lies. You can switch screens by pressing the - button

Not true. All lies. You can switch screens by pressing the - button

Yeah, but by all accounts, it has really been made with the GamePad being in mind as the main controller option. Still looks great though.

Yeah, but by all accounts, it has really been made with the GamePad being in mind as the main controller option. Still looks great though.

Maybe, but it literally swaps the screens around, so that maybe their idea (the fact it auto sets to gamepad shows this), but you can swap over if you want. No problem. Thought both screens show the game playing, just one screen has the cat commenting and maybe showing you were stuff is....

Full Wii U eShop releases this week

Wii U

Mario Kart 8 – €59.99/£49.99 (from May 30th)

** Special offer – For those who have downloaded Super Mario Kart, the price is €52.00 (£44.50) until June 30th

Gravity Badgers – €4.99 (£4.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap – €6.99 (£6.29)

Price Reductions

Batman Arkham City: Armoured Edition – €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5)

Batman: Arkham Origins – €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5)

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – €12.49/£9.99 (Ends June 5)

Injustice: Gods Among Us – €14.99/£12.49 (Ends June 5)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara – €8.99/£7.19 (Ends June 8)

Resident Evil Revelations – €29.99/£23.99 (Ends June 8)

I'm seriously tempted by Lego Batman 2 and Arkham Origins at those prices. I need to get a good Lego game. Any recommendations??

Wii U

** Special offer – For those who have downloaded Super Mario Kart, the price is €52.00 (£44.50) until June 30th

Wii U Virtual Console

Price Reductions

I'm seriously tempted by Lego Batman 2 and Arkham Origins at those prices. I need to get a good Lego game. Any recommendations??

Oooh Origins... at £12:49! But is it as good (if not slightly worse than City?)

Oooh Origins... at £12:49! But is it as good (if not slightly worse than City?)

Most reviewers said Origins is slightly worse than City due to the lack of Gamepad specifics, which made City Awesome.

Wii U

Wii U Virtual Console

Price Reductions

Hmm..I checked this out on the eShop and they are still listed as full price? :(