NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Due to the pricing I've only been buying what I deem to be the 'essential' titles or just ones that I wanted another chance to play, so far that means I have purchased...

Advance Wars

Golden Sun

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Metroid Fusion

Of course it would be nice to have F-Zero: Maximum Velocity and perhaps Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island on the Wii U but then I must remember that I do have them all on the GBA plus on 3DS as ambassador titles... oh and I have a GBA player all hooked up ready to go for those games which I'll either only ever have a 'quick go' on or for those titles which might not immediately make it to the VC such as Tales of Phantasia which I would purchase again on the Wii U in a heartbeat now that I know the USA version is superior. :)

For now though, only the real 'must-have-again' titles, especially at that price, I mean it's not bad but yes a discount for quantity would be good Nintendo seeing as you don't seem to like supplying us with regular download codes for VC titles. :heh:

I've got a £5 eShop voucher from the premium service, so I'm not bothered. :p

I'm not that bothered about the NES Remix discount but a discount on the GBA titles would have been nice, yes.

The next batch of GBA games have been announced for japan so I'd imagine ours will be the same. mario Tennis, wario land 4, kirby:nightmare in dreamland and minish cap

looking forward to Mari tennis actually. I had a random urge a few weeks ago and download the GBC version, really good. How different is the GBA one to that?

Looking forward to replaying Minish Cap, I guess we'll have to wait until May for that one. I wonder if they will give us the US version, that one had a few bug fixes as well as some dialogue changes.

Until a sale comes, I'm no way buying any game I got with the ambassador programme.

No deal for Remix 2? I guess that'll be another game I pass up on :p Good one, Nintendo.

Yeah annoyed about that. Just presumed it was today (even though it's always been 25th) and planned a night on it....

So, Nintendo has just tweeted about some issues with the Nintendo eShop.

Seems it's buckling under the load of Golden Week, akin to the load caused by Pokémon Bank.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/en_GB/index.html

They added a note saying that these are the error codes you will get: 「007-2916」「007-2913」「009-2916」 「009-2913」

and that if you get them, you should try again later.

This makes sense since, earlier today, the new 3DS promotion in Japan begun where if you got a new 3DS XL, you got a download code for either Youkai Watch or Animal Crossing.

So...

Where are all the Indie games we were promised?

Getting Stick it to the Man on Thursday.

Getting Stick it to the Man on Thursday.

Alas, I think that's free on PS+.

I'm just waiting for Shovel Knight and Child of Light :)

Alas, I think that's free on PS+.

I'm just waiting for Shovel Knight and Child of Light :)

Child of Light is out on Wednesday :)

Just the Japanese eShops are down? Can get on the EU one fine.

Most indie games got pushed back for whatever reasons. Child of Light is next week though.

Just the Japanese eShops are down? Can get on the EU one fine.

Most indie games got pushed back for whatever reasons. Child of Light is next week though.

They've resolved it :)

Child of Light is out on Wednesday :)

So hyped...it looks BEAUTIFUL! I have a review copy but I can't start it until Tuesday :( Hopefully we'll hear a release date for Shovel Knight soon after.

Cool to see Child of Light sitting at No.2 on Shopto's pre-order chart as well. Encouraging for more of this type of game.

Is this the start of the Indie games coming in?

Child of Light (Ubisoft, available April 30) - €14.99/£11.99

Child of Light is a coming-of-age story about a young girl named Aurora from 1895 Austria who wakes up to find herself on the lost fairy-tale continent of Lemuria. To get home she must fight against the dark creatures of the Queen of the Night, who have stolen the sun, the moon and the stars. Help her on her quest to save the Kingdom of Lemuria from the Dark Queen's tyranny by bringing back the three sources of Light!

Stick it to the Man (Ripstone Publishing) - €7.99/£6.99

On an ordinary day, hard hat tester Ray has a bizarre accident and wakes up with a giant pink spaghetti arm sticking out of his brain, giving him extraordinary mind-reading powers. Ray can suddenly change the world with stickers, transforming his paper universe by tearing it, folding it and using the crazy stickers he finds (along with his awesome new powers) to solve mind-boggling puzzles! Sadly, Ray doesn't have much time to get to grips with his new psychic abilities. Instead, he's on the run from 'The Man' for a crime he didn't commit. Can you help Ray out of this sticky situation? Get ready to tear it, rip it and Stick it to the Man!

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (Konami, NES) - €4.99/£3.49

Famous vampire hunter Simon Belmont is back, in Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. Following his victory against Dracula in the original game, Belmont is struck by the Count's deadly curse and must track down and destroy Dracula's missing body parts to save himself. Castlevania II expands on its predecessor with the addition of new adventure elements and also a day and night system. During daytime, talk to the locals and gather clues and weapons, and prepare for the creatures that appear when the sun goes down!

Looks like Castlevania is the PAL version.

Well now this is interesting... Seems that Curve Studios are making a sequel to Stealth inc/Stealth Bastard...

As a Wii U exclusive!

Now why would they do that? Considering that the previous game was a multiplatform release and most of their recent output has been Sony focused... (they have worked with Nintendo before on the two Hydroventure games, so I wonder if Nintendo themselves are involved in Stealth 2...)

Either way I'm interested. The original Stealth Bastard was a good game and a sequel that builds off that could be something special :) There's also quite a bit of potential for some clever Gamepad use here - with the two screened setup allowing new forms of stealth (night vision on Gamepad, normal view on TV anyone? :) ), Miiverse messages appearing in-game as well as potential motion controlled lights and touch controls for activating switches and such... (not to mention the level editor would benefit MASSIVELY from the Wii U's interface :D )

Edited by Dcubed

Thats good news. "Testing" the marked. They have a point about little competition on eshop. Its enough Wii Us out there to make it profitable. I like to see more indie titles on eshop. Its perfect mix for me, first party titles + great indie games. Also it will be really interesting to see sell numbers for Child of Light on all platforms.

WOOT! Scram Kitty is coming out on May 15 for Europe! :D

Bm3jmfoCcAA-ufD.jpg:large

Joy! From what I played of it last year, this one's a real winner guys!

Shovel Knight has also been given to Nintendo for Lotcheck (if it passes then it has officially gone gold and is ready for release :) )

God dammit, I'm so desperate for Shovel Knight! My review code should hopefully come soon but dissertation deadline and exams are this month :'(

So.... Scram Kitty this week. Who's gettin' it?

I very much like the look (and sound :awesome:) of this one, but not sure if I'll be getting it right away. :blank:

Still really into Pocket Football Club and Mario Golf at the moment, and now that my backlog is under control I don't want to get back to that bad habit of buying new games before fully finishing my latest purchases.