NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Crazy, isn't it? I mean you have massive Nintendo fans that are bummed out and nothing to play on the console.

You've got me who's reverted back to playing on the N64, Redshell is playing on his PS3, lostmario has jumped back to his 360 and Dcubed is going retro as well.

Like others, I look forward to the next ND, as we need some good news and some new games for the console.

You've got me who's reverted back to playing on the N64, Redshell is playing on his PS3, lostmario has jumped back to his 360 and Dcubed is going retro as well.

To be fair I actually play retro games all the time so that's nothing new for me ;)

The weird thing is that I actually have a fair few games to play on Wii U that I haven't finished yet (Super Mario 3D World, Edge, Rush, NES Remix and I've barely even started Deux Ex HR DC or New Super Luigi U!), but I simply have no burning desire to play them right now...

I go to turn it on and when I look at the games I have to play on there, I just look and think, nah... Not now... not in the mood...

It's not that I wasn't enjoying them (I was definately enjoying them all! - especially 3D World, that game is fantastic!), it's just that I can't bring myself to really play much of anything lately (on most consoles, but especially on Wii U I feel really bummed out with whenever I try to play anything on it) I did start Castlevania Aria of Sorrow again just recently though and I'm loving it again so maybe I just need some time away from newer games and consoles in general (but especially Wii U...)

Ever since finishing Zelda ALBW about 3 weeks back or so, I've not really been playing through anything at all properly (speaking strictly single player here). I've been playing stuff like Diddy Kong Racing and Perfect Dark sort of on and off casually, as well as the occasional dipping in and out of the SEGA 3D Classics on 3DS but that's it really... up until I started playing CV AOS again last week :)

Edited by Dcubed

I think a lot of nintendo fans have surely moved on a little due to the frequent droughts, hell i'm now gaming on my PC , 3DS and Vita....my WiiU is just abandoned a bit, i was loving Arkham Origins but with the DLC cancelled i feel like completing it is a waste of time and it was systematic of the support the WiiU is receiving and just turned me off the console.....or atleast for a few days, then i'll go back to it no doubt

gotta admit that i am getting bit disillusioned with nintendo on the home console front. 3DS I play everyday but the Wii U is just collecting dust.

Just dont like the way nintendo are doing things with the Wii U. I hear them speak and that gives me no confidence at all.

If the go down the same route in the next console then its gonna be a tough sell to me, Mario is not enough anymore!

Crazy, isn't it? I mean you have massive Nintendo fans that are bummed out and nothing to play on the console.

Like others, I look forward to the next ND, as we need some good news and some new games for the console.

I resorted to buying GC games too. 1080 and WaveRace turned up last week. :hmm:

I resorted to buying GC games too. 1080 and WaveRace turned up last week. :hmm:

I was looking at the HB scene yesterday and how to get Gamecube games running on the Wii U and on the Gamepad no less. Mario Sunshine looked great on it.

I think a lot of nintendo fans have surely moved on a little due to the frequent droughts, hell i'm now gaming on my PC , 3DS and Vita....my WiiU is just abandoned a bit, i was loving Arkham Origins but with the DLC cancelled i feel like completing it is a waste of time and it was systematic of the support the WiiU is receiving and just turned me off the console.....or atleast for a few days, then i'll go back to it no doubt

I would say I have. I play PS4 & 3DS and will play on my Wii U again when DK drops but then once thats done again the console will collect dust until Mario Kart.

If the Eshop/VC got more content that would help. The droughts are brutal even with DK and MK coming I dont really feel any excitement with the console. I didnt finish W101 or Pikmin 3 and am close to end of Mario but I dont have any desire to put turn the console on. Just bummed out by how much of a clusterfuck its been.

Edited by liger05

3DS I play everyday but the Wii U is just collecting dust..

To be honest, I've been the complete opposite for months now :red:

I play the Wii U most days but my 3DS is basically on life support. I need an injection of quality on that front to get me back into using the console more :hmm: 2013 was meant to be amazing for 3DS but there wasn't an awful lot for me..

With Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze out soon and then Mario Kart 8 a few months later, I think I'll be more than happy on Wii U for the months ahead, especially when you consider I have Pikmin 3 to begin and still have things I want to achieve in Nintendo Land, Game & Wario and Zombi U :smile:

It would be nice to have some unmissable titles on the Nintendo eShop too but I have so much else I want to play on a multitude of formats that I'll probably never be stuck for something to play for the rest of my life :indeed:

Maybe a pokémon companion game might cheer the Wii U up. I'm talking a game like Pokémon Stadium 2 with lots of features, and not Pokémon Battle Revolution.

God how I still adore your avatar and signature everytime I see it :D:yay::bowdown:

..do you even bother to read my posts..? :heh:

30% off Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2012 Winter Olympic Games from tomorrow until the end of the 9th

30% off Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2012 Winter Olympic Games from tomorrow until the end of the 9th

I was tempted by this, but as -30% is £27.99 and you can get brand new sealed disc from Amazon for £20.

If they'd have had 40% off then it probably would of been an instant download for me.

Looks like Virtual Console Arcade is making a return on the Wii U eventually!

unnamed.png

3DS too it seems...

Will look forward to seeing the service start in 2020 :p

Neat, I guess. Don't think I bought any arcade titles though.

Nothing too exciting this week.

The LEGO Movie Videogame (WB Games) - €39.99/£34.99

Transform the ordinary into the extraordinary and experience the ultimate LEGO building experience in the all new The LEGO Movie Videogame. Step into the world of Emmet, an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average citizen who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. Players guide him as he is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.

Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (Knapnok Games) - €8.99/£7.99

Play Act Like an Animal, Body Twister, and other new minigames using the Wii U GamePad and the camera! Turn off your TV, get your friends and family together, sit in a circle around the GamePad and play Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party. Look at each other, do silly challenges, have fun and get a little closer.

Dr. Mario (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

At Mushroom Kingdom Hospital, nasty viruses are on the loose. It's time to give them a dose of Mario's medicine! In this classic puzzle game you must eradicate all the viruses in the bottle, by spinning and lining up the coloured vitamin capsules as they fall. The more lines of viruses you clear, the more points you rack up, scoring huge combos. But beware of side-effects: this game may be addictive! This is the US version of the game.

Special Offer: If you have purchased Dr. Luigi by 20/02/2014 you can download Dr. Mario for free from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U!

Didn't realise DK was this week.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo, available Feb. 21) - €49.99/£39.99

In this adventure, the Kongs must reclaim their island from the dastardly Vikings of the northern seas. To do this, they need to set off on a journey around five different islands, plus the frozen Donkey Kong Island. This will be the first game in the series to be in HD, bringing glorious detail and expression to the world. Depending on the stage, you can swivel or move the camera around to view dynamic scenes while enjoying the rich gameplay. Along with Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong returns as a main character, while Cranky Kong is playable for the first time! Your abilities change depending on which partner you bring along, opening up new choices and possibilities. There's even a cooperative two-player mode, with each player controlling one of the characters and working together to progress through the game!

Ice Hockey (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Prepare to face-off for one of the most faithful sports simulations on the NES. Ice Hockey offers straightforward fun to just jump in and play, either solo or against a friend, yet also requires tactical skills for players who want to fine-tune their team. You can customise each squad member, selecting from three different body types, affecting their offence and defence. Leaner players are faster and better in a face-off, while heavier players have stronger body checks and shooting skills. This is the US version of the game.

Special offers

TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends March 6, normally €7.99/£6.99)

Trine 2: Director's Cut (Frozenbyte) - €6.79/£5.49 (Ends March 13, normally €16.99/£13.99)

people best buy Trine at that price!

also DK is this week?!?! i thought it was the 28th for some reason

Trine is like an SCS sale, I can't remember the last time it wasn't in some offer :p

It seems to me Frozenbyte are one of few publishers having discount on their eShop game close to as often as they have the same game discounted on Steam, albeit at a slightly higher price. I respect them for acknowledging the Wii U audience as an equal to the Sony/Microsoft/PC crowd.