NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Of course I already bought Toki Tori 2 [...] (like any decent human being should've done!) so I'm good to go :D

Toki Tori 2, how I love that game! Everybody needs to try that!

Just checked the eShop... so they have a banner thing for this new 60% sale off these five games... but I don't think the prices are reflected yet?

10euro for Might Switch Force HD and 15euro for Toki Tori 2+... that's full price yeah?

Just checked the eShop... so they have a banner thing for this new 60% sale off these five games... but I don't think the prices are reflected yet?

10euro for Might Switch Force HD and 15euro for Toki Tori 2+... that's full price yeah?

I think you have to own at least one of them to get discount on the others. I could be wrong though as i've never really looked into it.

I think you have to own at least one of them to get discount on the others. I could be wrong though as i've never really looked into it.

You are correct.

I have them all except Gian Sisters which I have on the PS3... BOOO!!!!!!!!!!

They should do this and more with VC games!!!

Am I right in thinking that sale is the only thing going on this week? Very poor if they don't even have a VC game out. What are they playing at?

Am I right in thinking that sale is the only thing going on this week? Very poor if they don't even have a VC game out. What are they playing at?

There is a Wii U VC game this week (NES Open Tournament Golf)

Nothing on the 3DS though (VC or otherwise)

You mean your not excited about My Farm? No?

Probably why no one posted this week's updates. :p

You mean your not excited about My Farm? No?

Probably why no one posted this week's updates. :p

I added it to the release dates thread. :heh:

Man, the current situation on 3DS/Wii U is diabolical. :nono: Roll on Feb 21st.

There is a Wii U VC game this week (NES Open Tournament Golf)

'Oh Monsieur Nintendo with this NES Open Tournament Golf you are really spoiling us!'

:laughing:

I'd like to hope they're holding back on VC releases whilst getting a unified account system up and running and then unleashing the back catalogue

Wishful thinking I know ;)

Tell me about it. Luckily I have other console and retro stuff to keep me busy until this drought is over.

I added it to the release dates thread. :heh:

We should probably sticky your thread, it's going to be useful but it'll keep getting lost.

Tell me about it. Luckily I have other console and retro stuff to keep me busy until this drought is over.
Same here, PS3 and PC. :hehe:

It's just so disappointing that Nintendo still allows these kind of droughts to happen. :nono: Seriously, with the amount of manpower and expertise at their disposal, this should never be an issue. :blank:

They should be able to literally fart out little games for the eShop, anything to help fill the gaps between major titles. If indie devs can put together games in a relatively short space of time, with like a handful of people working on something, how the hell can Nintendo, a company with thousands of staff, not do the same? ::shrug:

Same here, PS3 and PC. :hehe:

It's just so disappointing that Nintendo still allows these kind of droughts to happen. :nono: Seriously, with the amount of manpower and expertise at their disposal, this should never be an issue. :blank:

They should be able to literally fart out little games for the eShop, anything to help fill the gaps between major titles. If indie devs can put together games in a relatively short space of time, with like a handful of people working on something, how the hell can Nintendo, a company with thousands of staff, not do the same? ::shrug:

At a guess, their staff are busy working on those more substantial games.

Sure they could pull a few off to work on smaller games to keep a flow going but

1)quality issues - would they be sure the games would stand on their feet and not damage the Nintendo brand?

2)leakage of ideas - if a game has a new twist, that twist may find itself expressed in some way in these mini games, making the jump in the substantial game small enough not to be noticed

3)if they keep pulling people off the bigger projects, then there will be delays

Most people are happy enough with a "drought" because they aren't so game thirsty. I do think a drought within the first couple of years isn't great though - I bought the Wii U a year into it's life, and I'm pretty pleased, otherwise I think I wouldn't be so happy through this drought. There are still a few games I need to buy, yet alone complete so I'm good. Sorry for those of you who were early adopters though!

1)quality issues - would they be sure the games would stand on their feet and not damage the Nintendo brand?

The Nintendo brand is pretty damaged right now if you look at the Wii U, so I'm not sure how having games to fill the gap that aren't full AA titles would damage their brand.

Most people are happy enough with a "drought" because they aren't so game thirsty.

I don't think that's true at all.

Sure they could pull a few off to work on smaller games to keep a flow going but

2)leakage of ideas - if a game has a new twist, that twist may find itself expressed in some way in these mini games, making the jump in the substantial game small enough not to be noticed

3)if they keep pulling people off the bigger projects, then there will be delays

Fair play, but given the situation I still think they'd be better off putting a bit more focus on smaller eShop titles.

I mean there's going to be a 3 month gap (not quite, but close enough) between Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze!

That is insane. :o

You don't need to be "game thirsty" to realise that is way too big of a gap.

Obviously wouldn't be as much of an issue if there was substantial 3rd party software available, but there isn't, and there hasn't been for a long time now. Nintendo need to ensure that they can fully support their hardware by themselves, otherwise it's just going to be a ongoing problem that'll really hurt them in the long run as people will start to look elsewhere for their gaming needs. ::shrug:

I'm pretty sure there's a reason the VC has been so empty of late, and we'll see it within two weeks.

I doubt there is a reason to be honest. Doesn't make any sense. I sort of of feel Nintendo are saying may as their relaunch point where everything will kick off... But then I thought that last year...

Nintendo are clearly struggling, but I feel they'll sort it this year. The whole thing has been more difficult than they imagined so surely we'll see the fruits of everything this year, got over them over to hd, they say they have nailed load so did eas for the gamepad, indies will finally start churning their stuff out. I have absolute faith it's all going to turn around on a gaming perspective from may. Whether that equals huge sales is a separate discussion.

But surely no one can deny it's been nothing but a disaster for its first 18 months!

Fair play, but given the situation I still think they'd be better off putting a bit more focus on smaller eShop titles.

I mean there's going to be a 3 month gap (not quite, but close enough) between Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze!

That is insane. :o

You don't need to be "game thirsty" to realise that is way too big of a gap.

Obviously wouldn't be as much of an issue if there was substantial 3rd party software available, but there isn't, and there hasn't been for a long time now. Nintendo need to ensure that they can fully support their hardware by themselves, otherwise it's just going to be a ongoing problem that'll really hurt them in the long run as people will start to look elsewhere for their gaming needs. ::shrug:

I'm not so sure about those little eshop titles. They have small titles trickling out at a fair rate.

The 3 month gap is long, as is the gap from dk to mk, but I don't think the problem is so much the length of time between releases. As you mentioned, there is a lack of 3rd party support which exacerbates the problem, as well as the lack of a full and strong library.

I think really Nintendo have to sort their console launches out. I would say Wii U is still in it's launch phase, and it's misfired. I do agree that in this situation they need to be throwing all they have at this machine to turn things round, it's about 25% through it's life now, if it maintains it's current sales it'll match the gc in terms of sales. If Nintendo do really well, maybe it will sell as well as the N64. Realistically I don't personally see it doing better than that, Unless this research Nintendo are doing leads on to a paradigm shift moment.

But yeah, droughts like this make the gamecube sales totals seem optimistic!

One thing I do like about such droughts is I don't feel a rush to complete/buy games, I can wait for these few games to drop price, get into promotions etc. Not good for Nintendo, but good for my wallet!

as is the gap from dk to mk
Oh God, I'd forgotten about that. :(

Oh well, at least once MK8 is out (and the N-E League is in full swing) I'll never really notice any future droughts on Wii U. ;)

One thing I do like about such droughts is I don't feel a rush to complete/buy games, I can wait for these few games to drop price, get into promotions etc. Not good for Nintendo, but good for my wallet!
Indeed. I've been very much enjoying that privilege with the PS3 recently, loads of games for me to choose from, at incredibly cheap prices! :grin:

Obviously anyone that buys a Wii U now will be fine (like you mentioned earlier) all of the games released thus far instantly at their disposal and in many cases a lot cheaper than they were at launch, plus all the upcoming stuff.

It's those of us that were there from day 1 that are suffering the drought.

I'd like to think that I'll never buy another game console at launch again, but I just know that when Nintendo release a new system, I'll fall into the trap all over again. :heh:

@RedShell I would usually say the same but... the Wii U and 3DS really put me off ever investing in a Nintendo console so early again!

and I can't believe we're that far in! It really does feel like the first few months still, as all we seem to be doing lately is WAITING! It feels as though the Wii U is still just launching or in the last year of its life, certainly not 15 months in.

and I can't believe we're that far in! It really does feel like the first few months still, as all we seem to be doing lately is WAITING! It feels as though the Wii U is still just launching or in the last year of its life, certainly not 15 months in.
Yeah, crazy isn't it?

I just can't wait for the next Nintendo Direct... Going to be interesting to see what Nintendo have got cooked up, now that they're well and truly in panic mode. :hehe:

TBH, this ridiculous drought and the terrible position that the console is in just puts me off playing the games on it all together. Hell I still haven't beaten SM3DW! I'm on what I believe to be the last world and I just feel no drive to play it at all, despite really enjoying it (just not been feeling in the mood :( )

I'll probably end up buying DKCTF on day 1 and not play it for months later once I've played through all of my backlog. There's a lot of 3DS/PS3/Saturn games I own that I still haven't even played yet! I also got Silent Hill Shattered Memories for Xmas that I have still yet to touch, so I have plenty to play; maybe I should just leave my Wii U for now and come back to it later...