NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Nano Assault Neo should be about £5. I'm not one to normally complain about pricing but the amount of content in that game is really poor for the price it's being sold at. 1 or 2 hours play time and that's it.

Play it with a companion and it adds to the longevity, I've put in about 20 hours on it. The 3DS version however, because of the 1 player aspect, I played through once in under 3 hours and haven't picked it up again.

I have 1000 Wii Points left. Should I spend it on an N64 game or should I go for a WiiWare game such as Excitebike: World Challenge?

Building on what Serebii posted in the VC thread.

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Resident Evil Revelations Demo (Capcom, available tomorrow) - Free

The critically acclaimed survival horror title Resident Evil Revelations returns redefined for console complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience. This latest version of Resident Evil Revelations will also deliver additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode and improvements to RAID Mode such as new weapons, skill sets, and playable characters including Hunk and Rachael!

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Join Mario and company on a journey to save the world of Subcon from the foul frog tyrant, Wart. Super Mario Bros. 2 offered freedom to explore levels not only horizontally but also vertically; while collecting power-ups, uprooting veggies to throw at enemies and seeking out hidden 'Sub-space' rooms. It was the first Mario title to let players control other characters like Princess Toadstool (Peach) and Toad; each with their own skills. It also featured the first appearance of many Mario series regulars, including Shy Guy and Birdo. This is the US version of the game.

Super Ghouls'n Ghosts (Capcom, SNES VC) - €7.99/£5.49

The third game in the legendary Ghosts'n Goblins series, Super Ghouls'n Ghosts follows brave Sir Arthur's quest through demon-infested lands to rescue the kidnapped princess. Battle through deadly stages and beat each level's boss to progress. But watch out: if Arthur is injured his armour breaks, leaving him only in his boxer shorts! Originally developed exclusively for Super NES, this supremely challenging platformer won critical acclaim and became an instant bestseller. This is the US version of the game.

Super Metroid (Nintendo, SNES VC) - €0.30/£0.30 (Ends June 14, normally €7.99)

Part of the Family Computer 30th Anniversary Campaign.

When space pirates snatch the last remaining Metroid, bounty hunter Samus Aran is called back into action! Use new abilities like the grappling beam and x-ray scope to navigate the massive labyrinths of planet Zebes; battling enemies and enormous bosses with an arsenal of beams, missiles and bomb. Super Metroid is renowned as one of the greatest 2D action games ever made, and paved the way for the MetroidTM Prime series with its innovative blend of exploration, action and secrets galore.

This is the European version of the game, which was optimised originally by the developer to offer gameplay and music speed similar to the US version. Demos and animations may run at PAL speed. The aspect ratio has been corrected for this release.

Special offers

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition (Namco Bandai) - €29.99/£23.99 (Permanent, before €54.99/£37.49)

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games) - €8.99/£8.00 (Ends May 30, normally €11.99/£10.79

I think it's an all-around great week for the Wii U. Tempted by Runner 2 at that price. Also I think that's a decent price for Tekken considering you have an external hard drive. Also you'll make some good points off the Deluxe Digital Promotion.

The Revelations demo is up.

edit -

finished downloading, its 621mb. Only took 9 minutes.

Edited by bryanee

I am very glad that they are being informative about the virtual console games version. As for why they went with the PAL version of Super Metroid, one would guess it's because it has multiple languages. US version has Japanese though!

The Revelations demo is up.

edit -

finished downloading, its 621mb. Only took 9 minutes.

Do you have an EU or US Wii U?

I have 1000 Wii Points left. Should I spend it on an N64 game or should I go for a WiiWare game such as Excitebike: World Challenge?

You should gift me Majora's Mask :heh:

Hey look what Japan is getting next week...

BKRS2ALCYAAGn9O.png:large

Looks like we may not have to wait long for Mega Man X, if what Brelston of Capcom said is true :)

Certainly much better than having to wait almost the entire lifetime of the console (MMX on Wii VC didn't come out until March 2012! :o )

Hey look what Japan is getting next week...

Looks like we may not have to wait long for Mega Man X, if what Brelston of Capcom said is true

Certainly much better than having to wait almost the entire lifetime of the console (MMX on Wii VC didn't come out until March 2012! )

Mega Man X!

Mega Man X!

Mega Man X!

Mega Man X!

Mega Man X!

Mega Man X!

Mega Man X!

Mega Man X!

Mega Man X!

Mega Man X!

(Well, X can also mean 10...)

Super Metroid is now up on eShop. For some reason its only available by searching.

I've only played Metroid on the NES, brought back loads of memories going to the same place to get the thing that turns you into a ball.

Just checked my points for the Nintendo Premium and I only need 1 more point for my next activation code! >.<

Is Nintendo of Europe late with its eShop press release? I am eager to know what will arrive on Thursday!

Is Nintendo of Europe late with its eShop press release? I am eager to know what will arrive on Thursday!

Press release goes out on Mondays.

This week's haul...

Kirby's Dream Course (Nintendo) - €7.99/£5.49 (Available for €5.59/£3.79 if you own Kirby's Adventure, Ends May 30)

Kirby's Dream Course puts a new spin on golf, with Kirby as the ball and enemies as obstacles! Conquer eight different courses packed with water, spikes, conveyor belts and trampolines. Roll Kirby to take out enemies, and then head for the hole that appears. Adjust the angle of movement, add spin and power, and also copy the powers of enemies; such as using a parasol to float, ice to freeze water or fire to burn bad guys! Kirby's Dream Course also features a two-player mode to compete against a friend.

This is the US version of the game.

Kirby Super Star (Nintendo) - €7.99/£5.49 (Available for €5.59/£3.79 if you own Kirby's Adventure, Ends May 30)

Kirby Super Star features not one, not two, but six games in one - plus extra modes and minigames - all starring the powerful pink hero with the ability to copy his enemies' abilities. Each adventure has its own storyline, featuring Kirby battling against classic foes like Meta Knight and King Dedede, and unique gameplay; from platforming to treasure-hunting and even a space shoot 'em up! A friend can also join in as Kirby's helper, using their own copy abilities to attack enemies and come to Kirby's aid.

This is the US version of the game.

Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - €49.99/£39.99

The critically acclaimed survival horror title Resident Evil Revelations returns redefined for console complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience. This latest version of Resident Evil Revelations will also deliver additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode and improvements to RAID Mode such as new weapons, skill sets, and playable characters including Hunk and Rachael!

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros.) - €49.99/£39.99

The Dynamic duo teams up with legendary DC Super Heroes to save Gotham City! DC Super Heroes Unite! Play as Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and more! Discover LEGO Gotham City! Harness the power of the Wii U GamePad for unique game play and control functionality.

Nice to see that they're mostly keeping up with the Japanese releases. The discount is nice too and 60hz means that I'm officially interested :)

Probably get Kirby Super Star since it's discounted and haven't played the SNES version.

Probably get Kirby Super Star since it's discounted and haven't played the SNES version.

You've never played it before!? Oh man, you're in for a treat!

It's one of my favourite games ever! And is also the basis for the Smash Bros series - you'll be shocked at how much SSB64 took from this game in its design stage...

The music alone is just legendary! :D

Definitely agree! The main criticism to be levelled at Kirby games(and it isn't false) is that they're not much of a challenge - however I think they're just amazing games given you can choose to play with whatever ability you like - or not at all!

Dream Course is pretty good once you get into it too, different but good!

Definitely agree! The main criticism to be levelled at Kirby games(and it isn't false) is that they're not much of a challenge - however I think they're just amazing games given you can choose to play with whatever ability you like - or not at all!

Dream Course is pretty good once you get into it too, different but good!

Yep, this is true... until you get to the boss rush mode in each game, where is suddenly becomes bollock hard :laughing:

You can make it quite challenging though if you choose to play it in certain ways, with user imposed restrictions like only using certain copy powers and such. That's the great thing about the Kirby games, you can play them however you want - they're very freeform in terms of design :)

WTF IS THIS BOLLOCKS!?

Why do the US get Kirby's Dreamland 3 this week and we don't!?

I'd love to play that one on my Gamepad! WTF SHIBATA!?

Dreamland 3?! Kinda do want, as I only ever got to emu it and it's such a nice/pretty little game. Would prefer that to the other two as I could feel like I actually legit owned it(whereas I do the others), hope we get that soon down the line. Maybe with a discount too!

How long will SNES games be 30p for? I hope it's not too late to buy them.

ONLY Metroid is live at the minute. They last a month before they are replaced with the new one.