NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

29MBs for F-Zero????

Obviously it doesn't matter but how the hell can it amount to that much when a ROM is what a few hundred kb?

29MBs for F-Zero????

Obviously it doesn't matter but how the hell can it amount to that much when a ROM is what a few hundred kb?

The ROM may be, but the perfect emulator is not

So how's F-Zero looking for those that have downloaded it? Can't wait to get home tonight and pick it up! Also any one got both the MH3U demo's? Just wondering if they are the same but better graphics (I Hope) or different parts of the game?

So how's F-Zero looking for those that have downloaded it? Can't wait to get home tonight and pick it up! Also any one got both the MH3U demo's? Just wondering if they are the same but better graphics (I Hope) or different parts of the game?

Looks good, but I forgot how annoyed I get at this game. Get hit and suddenly you're facing the wall and unable to turn

Looks good, but I forgot how annoyed I get at this game. Get hit and suddenly you're facing the wall and unable to turn

ah, something things never change however old they get! :)

Never played a Monster Hunter game before so looking forward to trying the demo. Not really a fan of RPGs, unless they're like Zelda.

Never played a Monster Hunter game before so looking forward to trying the demo. Not really a fan of RPGs, unless they're like Zelda.

It'll be different to everything you've ever played. It's not really like other RPGS, it's different.

One thing I'll say is that you may dislike or even hate the game at first. But, stick with it and in time you may come to love it. There's definitely a learning curve to it and it can seem under/overwhelming at first, but it's worth it.

Tri was my first ever Monster Hunter and it was one of my favourite games from last generation. The online and playing it with people from here makes it worth it.

So how's F-Zero looking for those that have downloaded it?
It looks and sounds fantastic. :)

Also any one got both the MH3U demo's? Just wondering if they are the same but better graphics (I Hope) or different parts of the game?
Yep, both demo's are the same, but the 3DS version has some serious *cough* Jaggis! :laughing:

xdoia5d.png

So yeah, visually the Wii U version is much nicer.

It's not really like other RPGS, it's different.
Probably because it isn't an RPG. :heh:

Probably because it isn't an RPG. :heh:

That's what I thought! It's listed on Wiki as an action RPG, so that made me doubt myself.

That's what I thought! It's listed on Wiki as an action RPG, so that made me doubt myself.
Really I'd class it purely as an action game.

The story/dialogue are pretty much irrelevant, and for the majority of players the bulk of gameplay time is spent online anyway, as you well know from Tri. ;)

Are you getting a Wii U when this MH launches, @Fierce_LiNk? I still need to get revenge for all those pre-hunt arm wrestles you won on Tri! :D

Anyone know if you can still do those in Ultimate? :hmm:

Really I'd class it purely as an action game.

The story/dialogue are pretty much irrelevant, and for the majority of players the bulk of gameplay time is spent online anyway, as you well know from Tri. ;)

Are you getting a Wii U when this MH launches, @Fierce_LiNk? I still need to get revenge for all those pre-hunt arm wrestles you won on Tri! :D

Anyone know if you can still do those in Ultimate? :hmm:

I'm not sure I'll get one for a great while. I've got to watch my monies, so it may be in the latter half of the year or next year entirely.

29MBs for F-Zero????

It's the instruction manual. Each 1080p image inside it is larger than the game itself :laughing:

It's the instruction manual. Each 1080p image inside it is larger than the game itself :laughing:

Guess I should take a gander then!

It's impossible to play this with the game pad and not end up with your eyes gravitating down to it, no matter how nice it looks on the big screen. Seems easier for me to get to grips with looking at the pad screen too :)

Bought F-Zero just this morning (you can't not get it at 30p) and had a go whilst I was doing my morning WiiFit. Love it. Playing on the gamepad whilst doing WiiFit, had a few niggles with the L and R drifting, I might have to change them to the LZ and RZ (I saw you can change them in the settings) as my fingers just naturally sit on those rather than the normal L and R. Other wise, a must buy if you are a fan of the series.

Bought F-Zero just this morning (you can't not get it at 30p) and had a go whilst I was doing my morning WiiFit. Love it. Playing on the gamepad whilst doing WiiFit, had a few niggles with the L and R drifting, I might have to change them to the LZ and RZ (I saw you can change them in the settings) as my fingers just naturally sit on those rather than the normal L and R. Other wise, a must buy if you are a fan of the series.

That's exactly what I did. Then I panicked because I thought I'd permanently lost the ability to bring up the menu (which is obviously originally mapped to ZR). Took me about 5 minutes of pressing every single button about three times and in various combinations before I realised the menu is also permanently mapped to the touch-screen.

That's exactly what I did. Then I panicked because I thought I'd permanently lost the ability to bring up the menu (which is obviously originally mapped to ZR). Took me about 5 minutes of pressing every single button about three times and in various combinations before I realised the menu is also permanently mapped to the touch-screen.

Haha, exactly this, just seconds ago:D

Haha. This is EXACTLY what I did last night. Ended up reading the manual and found it there.

I have noticed some subtle but odd horizontal blurring issues when I play F-Zero on my GamePad though - a bit like the sort you might see on a low-quality YouTube video. Any one else experiencing this? Common? Expected? Don't have the issue with any other games.

I have noticed some subtle but odd horizontal blurring issues when I play F-Zero on my GamePad though - a bit like the sort you might see on a low-quality YouTube video. Any one else experiencing this? Common? Expected? Don't have the issue with any other games.

I've only played it for a few minutes but I actually noticed this happening aswell :hmm:

Is there any way to play the game full screen rather than 4:3?

Is there any way to play the game full screen rather than 4:3?

No. It was made in 4:3. It would not have been emulation if the game code had rendered 16:9 imagery, it would have been closer to a remake.

No. It was made in 4:3. It would not have been emulation if the game code had rendered 16:9 imagery, it would have been closer to a remake.

Thanks for responding but I may not have been totally clear :heh: I know there won't be a widescreen option but I just wondered if there was a way to stretch the image out to the width of the screen. I often prefer that to black borders on the screen..