NEurope
are1981

Wii U eShop Thread

Yes, it has been updated. Does it update at the same time as the 3DS eShop?

I think the only thing 'new' this week are the sale prices for Chasing Aurora & Little Inferno.

I went into Smyths Toystore today. They've tonnes of stock. At least 10 NintendoLand premium bundles on display and couldn't count the basic bundles. Sorry I didn't check out to see if there were any ZombiU bundles.

They had a very nice dedicated Wii U setup going on. Didn't take any photos, only thought of it now. Christmas shopping does that to the brain. Tethered gamepad in the centre, tethered Wii remotes either side and a nice big TV, again didn't check the brand but it was good quality stuff. A catalogue of Wii U game videos to choose from. Just 1 demo but it's the 1 I'm most interested in, Rayman Legends.

It looks stunning, real sharp, controls were spot on. It's the same demo(the 3 level demo) that's everywhere but it's nice to see the game in the flesh and to play it. I would download the demo but I put the Wii U until Christmas morning. Loads of people in the shop but nobody went over to the kiosk. I'm sure people are seeing it, you can't miss it. These kiosks should be in all the shops to inform Joe Public. Nothing beats a bit of hands on action.

Edited by Wii

Multi-player centeredness put me off of Chasing Aurora but with the price slashed in half I'll go for it. But then I read how there's no music coming from the GamePad in GamePad-only mode:( Is this also the case with headphones plugged in the GamePad? Like with DK Crash Course, without you only hear sound effects, but plugged in and there's also music.

Thoroughly enjoying the Christmas theme to the eshop. Nice touch Nintendo!

Yeah that's one of the big advantages in going with a HTML5 approach with the Wii U eShop. They can make layout changes like this on the fly with no need to update the console itself :)

I bought Chasing Aurora last night! Will play it when I come back home tonight, looking forward to it!

Oh good, was wondering about that. Am I right in thinking it'll be free, but with a charge for additional levels?

Downloaded Trine2 the other night and blimey, what sumptuous looking game! It's another one (like Nintendo Land and Nano Neo) that you'd swear was running in native 1080p. Haven't quite adjusted to the controls/physics and particularly the combat yet, but I'm liking it so far. So many perfect choices for co-op!

Now, a Tank! Tank! Tank! demo would do nicely :)

Trying to decide on a game to download, tossing up between Trine 2 and Nano Assualt Neo at the moment.

Slightly leaning towards Trine 2 given it's on sale and will be going up in price in a few days.

Did I miss a sale for Nano Assualt? Or does anyone think there might be one for that coming sometime?

Trying to decide on a game to download, tossing up between Trine 2 and Nano Assualt Neo at the moment.

Slightly leaning towards Trine 2 given it's on sale and will be going up in price in a few days.

Did I miss a sale for Nano Assualt? Or does anyone think there might be one for that coming sometime?

They said that they're not planning on doing a sale any time soon (think it was on twitter they mentioned it, either that or an interview - I remember reading that comment a few weeks back or so...)

I'd say go ahead and get Trine 2 while it's still on sale. NANeo probably wont go on sale until about another 5-6 months time (that's how long it took Art of Balance Touch to go on sale on 3DS...)

Think I am going to pick up Nano Assault Neo soon, I watched a trailer for it before and it looked awesome! Really my type of game as it looks like super stardust HD!

It is like super stardust, I would say it's probably not as good, but it is still great fun, decent mulitplayer, great on the pad only.

Whats the website again for checking your Premium points thing?

A few questions about the premium points and eShop.

Do you earn points from VC purchases on the Wii Shop or is it just for stuff like Nano Assualt and downloadable retail games?

Say I bought Secret of Mana on the VC ( still wanna play it ) is that now tied to my Nintendo ID?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to these questions but figure I would get confirmation from someone with a little more knowledge about said stuff. *cough*Dcubed*cough*

A few questions about the premium points and eShop.

Do you earn points from VC purchases on the Wii Shop or is it just for stuff like Nano Assualt and downloadable retail games?

Say I bought Secret of Mana on the VC ( still wanna play it ) is that now tied to my Nintendo ID?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to these questions but figure I would get confirmation from someone with a little more knowledge about said stuff. *cough*Dcubed*cough*

AFAIK, no. You get Club Nintendo stars for them, but no NPremium points.

The NPremium points come from Wii U eShop downloads only (though the download code that you get from the website can actually be redeemed on any Nintendo estore - including the Wii U & 3DS eShop, as well as the Wii Shop Channel and the DSiWare store :) )

AFAIK, no. You get Club Nintendo stars for them, but no NPremium points.

The NPremium points come from Wii U eShop downloads only (though the download code that you get from the website can actually be redeemed on any Nintendo estore - including the Wii U & 3DS eShop, as well as the Wii Shop Channel and the DSiWare store :) )

Bah! I held off buying a bunch of games on the VC when they announced the premium deal. :(

What about the VC games being tied to my Nintendo ID? Or is this just a case of transferring over all the ones on my Wii and then if anything happens send it to Nintendo who will put them all back on?

Bah! I held off buying a bunch of games on the VC when they announced the premium deal. :(

What about the VC games being tied to my Nintendo ID? Or is this just a case of transferring over all the ones on my Wii and then if anything happens send it to Nintendo who will put them all back on?

I think the bolded is correct. It's the same as with the Wii ATM, though who knows what's gonna happen when the Wii U VC comes out and whether or not we'll get upgraded to native Wii U versions of VC games... ::shrug:

I think the bolded is correct. It's the same as with the Wii ATM, though who knows what's gonna happen when the Wii U VC comes out and whether or not we'll get upgraded to native Wii U versions of VC games... ::shrug:

Thank you, good sir!

Sod it! Ill just snap up Mana on my Wii seeing as my U Gamepad is gonna be out for repair/replacement for a few weeks anyway.

Sod it! Ill just snap up Mana on my Wii seeing as my U Gamepad is gonna be out for repair/replacement for a few weeks anyway.

Did you contact Nintendo about that? I emailed them a few days ago but not heard anything yet so was thinking about phoning them later. /offtopic

Did you contact Nintendo about that? I emailed them a few days ago but not heard anything yet so was thinking about phoning them later. /offtopic

Well they emailed back straight away when I had the dead pixel issue but held off sending it back until my Christmas holidays were over. It's just as well as the thing is very picky about when it wants to charge, so I need to contact them again about that before sending it off. I tried phoning on my lunch break today but was put on hold for 15 mins, so I just hung up. Ill try again later on early morning tomorrow.

Well they emailed back straight away when I had the dead pixel issue but held off sending it back until my Christmas holidays were over. It's just as well as the thing is very picky about when it wants to charge, so I need to contact them again about that before sending it off. I tried phoning on my lunch break today but was put on hold for 15 mins, so I just hung up. Ill try again later on early morning tomorrow.

Emailed them directly with an email they listed on the site but just found a contact form so wondering if it would be faster. Not too bothered about the delay since it's the holidays but would like to get it sorted.

Nintendo really need to embed the Wii mode in the main OS and also tie wii and wii u accounts seamlessly. They did it with 3DS DSiware, seems like a bizarre step back!

They also need to let us play all these game solely on the pad!