NEurope
Retro_Link

Robocop

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/15/heres-the-new-robocop

Here's the New Robocop!

Check out Alex Murphy's new look.

MGM's remake of Robocop only started filming today in Toronto and there's already a set photo online revealing the character's new look.

ComingSoon posted two shots of the new Robocop armor in action (OK, well, walking on the set). Check it out:

hr_RoboCop_1-610x406.jpg

robocopsetsmall2.jpg

I was never really into Robocop, haven't ever sat and watched the films properly.

But this looks like Raiden from MGS4 or something!

Edited by Retro_Link

Now he only needs a cape and pointy ears and we have Batman.

He looks far too human for my liking. The original Robocop had a clunky mechanical design. I liked that one much better.

its just wrong very very wrong, it looks so much like a guy in a rubber body suit, the batman analogy is perfect for this!

IT just seems to human! it needs more angular parts

He looks far too human for my liking. The original Robocop had a clunky mechanical design. I liked that one much better.

Hoepfully the whole "walking on set" thing means there may be more added. Surely his right hand won't remain fleshy.

There's only one way this can be true Robocop, If he makes that noise when he walks.

Yeah there's bound to be loads of CGI after affects added to his suit... or at least you would hope!

In the same way that Thor's suit when we very first saw it looked quite rubbery.

I bet they go all rate-15 on this and not 18 like the original one was. There'll be no blown off hands, coke in boob snorting or guy melting after being covered in acid which is why teh original will remain awesome haha :D

I remember seeing the original when I was I think 10 or 12 for teh first time, the hand getting blown off scared the shit out of me :D

I bet they go all rate-15 on this and not 18 like the original one was. There'll be no blown off hands, coke in boob snorting or guy melting after being covered in acid which is why teh original will remain awesome haha :D

I remember seeing the original when I was I think 10 or 12 for teh first time, the hand getting blown off scared the shit out of me :D

Awww, no dick shooting through the skirt?

Disgraceful.

Awww, no dick shooting through the skirt?

Disgraceful.

HOW DID I FORGET THAT!!!!

*hangs head in shame*

I must go find Robocop on to buy...I assume it has a bluray edition by now, been ages since I seen it.

(just checked amazon...there is a trilogy boxset on BD...but if I remember 3 was pants yeh?)

Remember when Robocop got the jet pack in 3?

That single moment ruined everything for me.

As soon as it was hinted at I just spent the whole movie muttering "No, don't fucking do it Murphy, you aren't meant to fly"

It reminds me of this.

That's not a good thing.

Strange it reminds me of this

pledge-turd-ad.jpeg

Thats right - a highly polished turd.

Thats deffo not a good thing! : peace:

HOW DID I FORGET THAT!!!!

*hangs head in shame*

I must go find Robocop on to buy...I assume it has a bluray edition by now, been ages since I seen it.

(just checked amazon...there is a trilogy boxset on BD...but if I remember 3 was pants yeh?)

Yes, but for the price, you can excuse 3.

But this, so far it makes 3 look good. Robocop is meant to be a robot, that looks like a cheap mock-up for Captain America.

Some new information on the remake...

Mark 1 (1980s) suit concept art shown

Combat mode

524218_0_med.jpg

Edited by lostmario

the 1.0 armour should have stayed throughout the entire movie it looks better than the pvc catsuit he wears in the other images we have seen

the 1.0 armour should have stayed throughout the entire movie it looks better than the pvc catsuit he wears in the other images we have seen

agreed...it looks much more like a "modern" reimagining of the classic suit rather than the shitty black suit. I'm still holding out hope that the are going to plonk CG over the suit to make it look better. Although an actual suit would have been a hell of a lot better.

I can get where they are coming from in sprucing up the look. Robocop of old was very much based upon a western hero, think the deliberate slow walk the gun spinning etc... and I can see how that is not a relevant reference point for the kids/young adults this movie will also clearly target but still he doesn't have to be this batman/ninja robot.

This film has such an awesome cast, just a shame it's going to outright suck.

First trailer!

It actually looks good, changing how he becomes RoboCop though, not happy with that.

Hmmmm. Doesnt look too bad I guess but I already dont like how much you seem to see of his full face.

I like how they tease us with the original design and then go, nah, you aint having that.

K3adTzP.jpg

Its been 20 years since we last had a RoboCop film so I'm just happy we are getting this, however bad it may be.

The outfit looks much better than we all thought in that image in the OP. However the film looks kinda average so far. It's obviously been hugely toned down so that it won't be an 18 :/

Some films are so good they don't need remaking. Robocop is one of those films, it really had everything! Also, the fact that Clarence Boddicker isn't in it is horrendous! That guy was a proper bad guy and loved being evil.

Another pointless remake... yay? :wink:

wait its not going to be an 18? what the hell?

I'm just guessing by the car bomb replacing that shotgun scene. I could be wrong.