NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fist of the North Star 2 (eShop - Feb 7th)

Another day and another 3rd party game is heading to the Wii U.

FotN2-Wii-U.jpg

Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2, Tecmo Koei’s sequel to 2010′s Ken’s Rage, is in development for Wii U as well as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the publisher has confirmed.

Any massive FOTNS fans here? With the D&B sound tracks its my fave Manga of all time never to be beaten.

Any massive FOTNS fans here? With the D&B sound tracks its my fave Manga of all time never to be beaten.

I love Fist of the North Star. Amazing film!

I love Fist of the North Star. Amazing film!

Need this in your life mate, GET IT!! Don't know if you remember but Channel 4 used to show the TV series back in the day with the drum and bass sound track.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fist-North-Star-disc-Boxset/dp/B0028P2NNC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1347654804&sr=8-5

Price has gone up since I got it! (edit, that's 2nd hand Amazon prices)

Edited by madeinbeats

Need this in your life mate, GET IT!! Don't know if you remember but Channel 4 used to show the TV series back in the day with the drum and bass sound track.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fist-North-Star-disc-Boxset/dp/B0028P2NNC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1347654804&sr=8-5

Price has gone up since I got it! (edit, that's 2nd hand Amazon prices)

I have a much more cost effective way of obtaining movies... I shall seek this out!

Launches in Europe on the 7th Feb, DIGITAL ONLY!!! Do you think without the eShop this game would have ever made it to the Wii U?

Launches in Europe on the 7th Feb, DIGITAL ONLY!!! Do you think without the eShop this game would have ever made it to the Wii U?

Probably not considering its retail on 360/PS3. The good thing about the Eshop is it seems to be a lot easier for publishers to get content on there than Live or PSN stores.

I'm hoping it will be cheaper but I doubt it will be.

Probably not considering its retail on 360/PS3. The good thing about the Eshop is it seems to be a lot easier for publishers to get content on there than Live or PSN stores.

I'm hoping it will be cheaper but I doubt it will be.

That's the thing. If I buy a full retail game digitally I want it for less than what I would pay in the shops. If they are gonna charge the same or higher then they can get stuffed.

That's the thing. If I buy a full retail game digitally I want it for less than what I would pay in the shops. If they are gonna charge the same or higher then they can get stuffed.

Problem is shops/retailers would be outraged if Nintendo would sell egames for anything less than the RRP ;)

In this case nothing stops them (Tecmo Koei/Nintendo) for selling it under the retail price, I guess?

I'd like a different DLC Ken skin, he looks like a right metrosexual pretty boy in this - I prefer the original old-skool stuff.

Problem is shops/retailers would be outraged if Nintendo would sell egames for anything less than the RRP ;)

In this case nothing stops them (Tecmo Koei/Nintendo) for selling it under the retail price, I guess?

But this game isn't available via retail so it doesn't effect them. £35 max

But this game isn't available via retail so it doesn't effect them. £35 max

That's exactly what I meant, yes ;)

I guess €45,- / £40,-

Where can I get the film on DVD/Bluray? The series; yes. I loved the film as well, still have it on VHS; though nothing to play it on... :(

Where can I get the film on DVD/Bluray? The series; yes. I loved the film as well, still have it on VHS; though nothing to play it on... :(

The film or the film? This is also essential ;)

Sorry I should clarify: The Anime film, but on a Region 2 DVD. Mine doesn't do R1 :(

All I can suggest mate is getting region 1 and installing slysoft anydvd on your PC, then ripping (say, using DVD shrink) and burning as region 2 or region free :hmm:

This might be worth keeping an eye on if you're in the market: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fist-of-the-North-Star-TV-Series-Volumes-1-6-Boxset-DVD-2004-/271134610227?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item3f20e1d333

e-shop only? might need to get a HDD added for my WiiU then

Hooked a 1TB up to my Wii U the other day

Works great :D

Digital only? Thats annoying, really wanted this one in my physical collection... Ah well, ill buy it regardless, huge fan of the series, it does mean i have to download it at a stupid time at night (thanks Germany) as it wont be available during the day.