NEurope
Dcubed

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS)

might just get it on the Wii U instead.
Having put quite a bit of time into both now, I'd definitely recommend the Wii U version over the 3DS one.

The improved camera control, better visuals and ability for online play far outweigh being able to see it in 3D I reckon. :blank:

Also, with the amount of time that quests can take to play through, it's not exactly well suited to the pick up and play nature of portable gaming.

By the way, in these games, do you have to hunt down the "innocent" creatures? I know it's not real, but I hate the idea of killing the non-aggressive ones!
If I remember correctly there are some early quests in the game that require you to do that, but it's not something you have to do a lot.

I know exactly where you're coming from too BTW, I also dislike hunting the non-aggressive creatures, and the cats too! :shakehead

Even though some of those can be right annoying bastards at times. :heh:

I know exactly where you're coming from too BTW, I also dislike hunting the non-aggressive creatures, and the cats too! :shakehead

Well the cats just leave after you kick them about for a bit and frankly, the deserve it as they are a pain - plus they drop some good stuff occasionally.

plus they drop some good stuff occasionally.
Yeah, usually stuff that was already mine a few seconds earlier! :laughing:

Having put quite a bit of time into both now, I'd definitely recommend the Wii U version over the 3DS one.

The improved camera control, better visuals and ability for online play far outweigh being able to see it in 3D I reckon. :blank:

Also, with the amount of time that quests can take to play through, it's not exactly well suited to the pick up and play nature of portable gaming.

I agree wholeheartedly. I haven't got to the WiiU demo yet (downloading system updates now), but just by comparing the 3DS one to Tri, I can tell it's not as comfortable to play as it should be. I mean this game is all about mastering the controls and flowing in the battlefield like a monster-slaying weapon ninja of awesome, and sadly the 3DS version just didn't feel like that. Nothing like the CCP with two analogue sticks and shoulder buttons...

I spare those thieving bastards no mercy. When I see the friggin' cats after a quest or so, I launch their feline asses into the sky without a shred of remorse. You wanna steal from me? Well goddamnit have you got an arse-whipping coming your way, buster... *charges hammer*

Spent a couple of hours just on the 3DS demo, pretty much solely beating Lagombi with different weapons and only one try on Plesioth cause of frustrating water combat and damn do I love this game, perhaps more so than before. Felt familiar but with a fresh twist and can still jump in so easily after clocking all those hours! Love having Tri portable then looking nice and sharp on the TV!

Thought the demo would help tide me over till release but turns out it's made me crave the full game even more :heh: Both versions for me on day one. These will easily take over the top spot in most played for both consoles!

There was one quest on Tri that involved you trying to get some horns from the game's equivalent of goats and it actually allowed you to stun the creature and cut their horns without actually killing them but if you're being tasked to collect meat or animal hide then you don't have much choice.

Erm, don't they need their horns? I think you'd be better off putting them out of their misery. :heh:

I tried the demo for this the other day and thought the tiny areas and invisible walls were quaint in a 'PlayStation 2 game' kind of way. I actually have very little interest in this game and really only downloaded it to check out the graphics while I was watching Suits, and the game looked pretty nice.

Can anyone of you lovely Monster Hunter 3 gamers please help me claim a copy of Monster Hunter 3?

If you know someone who has registered a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version) before 22:59 (UK time) on 31st July 2013, they're entitled to claim a Recomendation Code. If they send this to you, you can claim a Download Code for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS version).

Simply enter the Recommendation Code you received from your friend below, and soon you'll be able to enjoy all the action of multiplayer Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS together!

Just hit me with a PM if you have a registered copy.

Eternally grateful !!

I think someone else may have to help you, as I've been all over the Club Site and can find absolutely nothing about this. No code anywhere.

I've used that guide but there is still no option to request the code. I've e-mailed them to get this sorted out. Hope for the best.