NEurope
Dcubed

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS)

Been playing the Japanese demo, finally beat the snow rabbit/bear/cat thing. Took me nearly the full hour to beat it on my second attempt, it started limping shortly after the 10 minutes left message showed up. Must have beat it around with about 5 minutes left. And he was the "easy" monster to beat on the demo. :laughing:

Controls are fine which was my biggest worry, except for the camera which I had to keep recentreing with the L button. You can control the camera with the d-pad or the on screen keypad but it was hard to keep track of the monster. Couldn't get the CPP to work so I'm not sure if the demo supports it or not. There is supposed to be a lock on button but couldn't figure out what it was, might only work with the CPP? Not sure.

Graphically it still looks great, although on the smaller screen you can't see as much detail.

Kinda sucks you have to buy 2 versions to get off screen play essentially with the Wii U version, but without the save transfer feature I would have just bought the Wii U version, but playing the 3DS version would mean it will be more likely for me to finish the offline mode.

There are certain exclusive features that seperate the 3DS one from the Wii U version including Streetpass Guild Card trading, Streetpass auto-quest completion and loot gathering, local wireless multi and S3D support (no doubt an absolute god send for the underwater fights!); so it's not quite just "enabling" Off TV Play for the Wii U version...

Actually, I'm looking forward to the 3DS version moreso than the Wii U one ;)

True, but the main "feature" I'll be playing it for is the Off TV play. Haven't street passed anyone in a long time.

What are the chances of getting a bundle of both versions?

I'm manily only getting the 3DS version for offline play when I'm not at home. the Wii U one will be my main game.

How does the save transfer work though?

Do you actually have to have both consoles on with games in and go through some sort of "save transfer" menu/options each time you want to move data from one to the other.

Or would it work by a form of "streetpass" where if you are playing the Wii U game when it loads up the game searches for a 3DS with a game that has been paired with the Wii U game and sees if either has new data and if so if then "syncs up" the save data between the two?

Or would that be too obvious of a seemless thing for Nintendo to do?

I'm manily only getting the 3DS version for offline play when I'm not at home. the Wii U one will be my main game.

Do you actually have to have both consoles on with games in and go through some sort of "save transfer" menu/options each time you want to move data from one to the other.

Or would it work by a form of "streetpass" where if you are playing the Wii U game when it loads up the game searches for a 3DS with a game that has been paired with the Wii U game and sees if either has new data and if so if then "syncs up" the save data between the two?

I think that some of the Capcom Unity mods said that they were considering doing a bundle of the two versions on Capcom's own online store...

No idea whether or not they're gonna do it at retail or not though (but either way it's up to Capcom, so who knows!)

So let me get this right....this is a port of the Wii version minus any online functions...but does work with the Wii U version which does have online (a console I don't own). I'm just wondering whether to get this...I have Unite on PSP and basically gave up because of the awful controls. Will this be any different is the question.

The control scheme will most likely be exactly the same as the PSP games if you don't use the additional circle pad I imagine.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen a single person here who plays Tri 3G in the common room at my University with the additional circle pad. They just all play by the default controls, then again, I'm guessing they're PSP veterans.

Obviously it might hugely fracture their market, but they should offer say...a code with the wii u version(one use only) to download the 3DS version for a heavily discounted price - £5-£20 maybe? I realise it's not realistically going to happen, if there was a way to make it so that you could only use it in conjuction with your Wii U copy though I think it'd be brilliant.

Controls are fine without a CPP, it's just the camera controls that suck. Feels a lot better than the PSP.

The control scheme will most likely be exactly the same as the PSP games if you don't use the additional circle pad I imagine.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen a single person here who plays Tri 3G in the common room at my University with the additional circle pad. They just all play by the default controls, then again, I'm guessing they're PSP veterans.

12.jpg

That (size and shape adjustable) d-pad on the right hand side of the touchscreen is the reason why ;)

You don't need to claw on the 3DS, even without the CPP.

So whilst I think it will be some time before we are lucky enough to see limited edition 3DS models outside Japan for ther series, Capcom have decided to make a 3DS case for those that like that sort of thing.

6b9bd99c18264863d796fb36193785fb.jpg?v=229800

Their description only mentions 3DS and not XL but clearly that's an XL in the picture. Apparently this is just a prototype and the final version looks a bit different but I can't see it straying too far as it seems in line with the Japanese special edition.

Monster-Hunter-3G-3DS.jpg

I take that to mean that we're not getting the special edition MH3U 3DS that Japan got then :(

Given i've just got a pikachu 3DS XL i could do with out the temptation to buy another/trade it in for a MH one.......now a Zelda 3DS XL....

Not long for this game now i am so pumped to get this

Copied from @liger05 's post:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunte...up_packet.html

Wii U Exclusive Software "Packet Relay Tool" is now available!

"Packet Relay Tool" is software to enable internet play in the 3DS game "Monster Hunter 3G".

By connecting with the "Packet Relay Tool", you can form parties of up to 4 people for co-op play with players far away, anywhere they are.

Things to look out for

- Only one 3DS can be connected to a single Wii U at any one time.

- The Wii U Software "Monster Hunter 3G HD Ver." can't be booted up while the tool is in use.

- In order to play over the internet, at least one person among the maximum of 4 that are playing must own the Wii U Software "Monster Hunter 3G HD ver.". The tool is designed to let you connect to a room created by a Wii U version player, and cannot create rooms by itself.

- You can't play the game with just this software.

What you need to play online

In order to use this software to connect "Monster Hunter 3G" online, the following is necessary:

- 1 Wii LAN Adapter

- 1 LAN Cable

- 1 Wii U with this software installed

- 1 Nintendo 3DS/LL

- 1 copy of 3DS Software "Monster Hunter 3G"

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo - details

- Two missions

- Easy: Hunt Lagombi

- Hard: Hunt Pleasioth

- Choose from 12 weapons

- 20 min for each mission

- Wii U demo size: 890 MB - 3DS demo size: 1615 blocks

Monster Hunter isn't for me but I tried the demo and was impressed with it, technically. It just goes to show what sort of 3D worlds are possible on the 3DS. The next Zelda could be great.

The game looks great in 3d, the level of depth is great for making it easy to identify monsters running around the plains. Really hope the thumbstick attachment works as im sure the demo said it didnt support it...i dont really fancy using the shoulder button to switch the view constantly.

Tried the demo yesterday, and the first time I really hated it. The game was too hard, I was confused without getting any tutorial etc etc.

I booted it up again today and I loved it alot more suddenly. I seemed to get it. Was able to do the easy mission, and it felt really rewarding :p! The visuals are amazing, although I can't help but think the screen resolution of the 3DS is a little too small to see all the details going on. The controls were pretty decent, but I was a bit confused! "This software is not compatible with the circle pad pro", but the final product is compatible right? (at least I hope so)

Maybe this is my kind of game, not sure yet haha.

Gotta give it to Capcom, the 3D in this game is really great. They did a brilliant job.

Gonna be trying the "hard" hunt on the demo on my way home. Wish me luck.

The game looks great in 3d, the level of depth is great for making it easy to identify monsters running around the plains.

Gotta give it to Capcom, the 3D in this game is really great. They did a brilliant job.

I'm surprised at how great this game looks on the 3DS, even after playing the Wii U Demo first. I think this game would be just awesome on the XL, especially with that fantastic 3D effect.

Swimming in the sea while the Plesioth launches its attack with the camera directly pointing towards your screen was amazing to see in 3D... Got my ass handed to me though.

Gave the demo another go, and I think the charm of this game is working on me! Not that I could get anywhere. In many ways it's a bad demo as it's difficult, it has no tutorial and doesn't support the Circle Pad Pro. On the other hand, it's not too bad a demo as at least it makes me want the game! I know if I bought the whole thing I'd get used to it.

The biggest problem is lack of dual analogue. Why oh why, when they had developers willing to make this type of game, did Nintendo not make the 3DS dual analogue? :shakehead I'd love to play this on the 3DS but I can't really be bothered with the Circle Pad Pro XL and might just get it on the Wii U instead.

By the way, in these games, do you have to hunt down the "innocent" creatures? I know it's not real, but I hate the idea of killing the non-aggressive ones!

By the way, in these games, do you have to hunt down the "innocent" creatures? I know it's not real, but I hate the idea of killing the non-aggressive ones!

If they have materials that must be cut from them that you need you will hunt them down and open them up !

Though things like the Kelbi (like deer creatures) it is possible to stun and KO, then try get their horns without killing them.... but that depends on the weapon you are carrying too. Not all can cause a stun.

Though if you ever need Raw Meat you won't be worried much about where you get it from so long as you get it

There are no innocent creatures in the world of MH. I always remember my mate getting killed by a mosswine on the first game. It was freaking hilarious. We were fighting Rathlos and my mate was nearly dead, then all of a sudden this so called innocent mosswine headbutted him and he died. Good times. :D

Mosswine.gif

There are no innocent creatures in the world of MH. I always remember my mate getting killed by a mosswine on the first game. It was freaking hilarious. We were fighting Rathlos and my mate was nearly dead, then all of a sudden this so called innocent mosswine headbutted him and he died. Good times. :D

:laughing:

I deliberately stood in front of a horned animal, though, and it didn't attack me. Didn't have the heart to clobber it!

Some quests will force you to kill the innocent ones yes - it was something I never particularly liked doing and felt guilty for doing so and unless I'm on those missions, I never kill anything that I don't consider a threat or nuisance.

There was one quest on Tri that involved you trying to get some horns from the game's equivalent of goats and it actually allowed you to stun the creature and cut their horns without actually killing them but if you're being tasked to collect meat or animal hide then you don't have much choice.

I tried the 3DS demo and boy was I rusty. I still managed to kill the easy creature though, just about, and I have now done so with a couple of different weapons so I thought I'd try the hard mode.

I stepped into the water at the start because I wanted to guage the swimming controls and I immediately quit. Swimming was always a massive ball-ache in Tri and on a 3DS, it's even more horrid.