NEurope
Dcubed

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS)

So it's a thing, it's coming March 2013 in the US/EU and we need some representation on this side! :D

Wj5oA.jpg

Capcom confirms Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for release in March 2013

The Most Expansive Instalment in the Monster Hunter Series Comes to Europe and North America

Capcom today confirmed that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be launching on Nintendo’s Wii U console and Nintendo 3DS system across Europe and North America in March 2013.

The popular fantasy action franchise Monster Hunter is now one of the most iconic gaming series in the world selling over 21 million copies worldwide since the series began in 2004. Players take on the role of a hunter and are sent to explore a settlement within the Monster Hunter universe, completing quests on their journey to seek and slay monsters whilst improving their skills and earning equipment upgrades. With many challenging monsters and over 200 quests the latest edition to the series is set to be the most expansive offering to date.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate utilises the functionalities of the Wii U console and Nintendo 3DS system to provide players with a truly intuitive hunting experience. The touch screen feature of both platforms allows players to quickly access in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games whilst the high quality graphics of Wii U and 3D visuals of Nintendo 3DS powered by the latest iteration of Capcom’s MT Framework deliver a unique and stunning world for players to explore. Taking advantage of the portability of Nintendo 3DS, players can exchange their guild card that contains all their hunter’s information with other players via StreetPass.

Players can experience the world of Monster Hunter alone or in four player local play using Nintendo 3DS. Finding nearby hunters to adventure on quests with is now even easier via the local Nintendo 3DS search feature. Wii U players will be able to enjoy the hunt with Nintendo 3DS players via a local wireless connection. Gamers that own both a Wii U and Nintendo 3DS can take advantage of the inter compatibility of save data between the two consoles, taking the hunt from the living room wherever they go.

The best case scenario possible! Which version/s are you getting?

Roll on March 2013!!! :D:yay::bouncy:

The popular fantasy action franchise Monster Hunter is now one of the most iconic gaming series in the world selling over 21 million copies worldwide since the series began in 2004.

Of which 20 million were just in Japan.

Of which 20 million were just in Japan.

Tri sold roughly the same in the west as it did in Japan.

It's also Capcom's 4th best selling game of the last generation outside Japan (behind only RE5, Street Fighter 4 and DMC4)

It sold 1.2 million in Japan and 0.7 million outside so I wouldn't call them comparable.

I don't know where your getting your sales figures from but I'm fairly sure both Dead Rising and Lost Planet comfortably outsold MHT outside Japan because let's face it, it sure as hell wasn't the Japanese market snapping up all them xbox copies.

It sold 1.2 million in Japan and 0.7 million outside so I wouldn't call them comparable.

I don't know where your getting your sales figures from but I'm fairly sure both Dead Rising and Lost Planet comfortably outsold MHT outside Japan because let's face it, it sure as hell wasn't the Japanese market snapping up all them xbox copies.

It was actually 0.8 outside of Japan and 1.1 in Japan. Pretty close overall.

Also Tri outsold each individual SKU of those games in the west (if you combine the PS3 and 360 versions of those then yeah, LP 2 did outsell MH3 in the west - though on a worldwide basis, MH3 still beat both versions combined)

Edited by Dcubed

Local play only for the 3DS version, online play for the Wii U one.

You can also play multiplayer between the two versions (so you can have a group playing together where one person is on Wii U and the other 3 hunters are playing on 3DS)

With save file sharing (hopefully done automatically in the background through Spotpass or Streetpass), the 3DS one not having online is no big deal anyway if you're planning on getting both versions, since you'd have to be home to play online anyway (and you can still play on a handheld screen thanks to off TV play!)

If I had to get just one version though, I'd still go with the 3DS one. Portability is a huge factor for me and the S3D will hugely benefit the underwater gameplay! (no more losing your bearings or missing a strike, thinking that you're near the monster when you're actually far away :D )

Edited by Dcubed

is the 3DS version coming out at the same time or sooner?

Both are coming out by March 2013 at the latest (seemingly on the same day)

BTW, anyone else a bit sad that they dumped the "Tri" part of the name?

I'll probably still end up calling it Tri G (or Tri U)

Both are coming out by March 2013 at the latest (seemingly on the same day)

NOOOO i've waited long enough for the 3DS version :cry:

It was actually 0.8 outside of Japan and 1.1 in Japan. Pretty close overall.

Also Tri outsold each individual SKU of those games in the west (if you combine the PS3 and 360 versions of those then yeah, LP 2 did outsell MH3 in the west - though on a worldwide basis, MH3 still beat both versions combined)

Oh, well the best figure I saw for Western sales was 0.7. Most I've seen for Japan said 1.1 but I cam across one that read 1.2 so I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt.

But even then, it doesn't make a difference.

Both the first Dead Rising and Lost planet sold more copies on the Xbox alone in North America than MHT did outside Japan total - let alone before you bolt on Euro figures. DR was a 360 exclusive anyway and without a Japanese 360 market, it's not even worth discussing anymore (the Asian market representing less than 10% of total figures). Lost Planet had over a year of exclusivity on Xbox and so again, isn't worth debating. MHT western sales would have outstripped PS3 sales for LP but that's hardly surprising. To say "Tri outsold each individual SKU of those games in the west" is completely untrue unless you mean total Tri sales against localised DR/LP sales which is a silly comparison to be making anyway.

But the point I was trying to make originally is the way Capcom was labelling the franshise as a worldwide phenomenon when in fact it's success is really limited to Japan.

Tri sold roughly the same in the west as it did in Japan.

I am very sure it did, europe selling a bit more though cause Germany is the biggest country outside of Japan to be into Monster hunter.

I wish I had the source, but a remember a couple of sites talking about how Capcom was able to break the million mark outside of japan.

The main aim of the story is that Cacpom finally got Monster Hunter being the real first successful MH game outside of japan.

I'll just be getting the Wii U version, online play is the most important aspect for me.

Still looking forward to portable MH goodness on 3DS in the shape of MH4 though. ;)

Still looking forward to portable MH goodness on 3DS in the shape of MH4 though. ;)

Who knows what they have planed for MH4 now, if MH3U becomes a hit than they may just do what they are doing now (Local co-op portable MH4 + Home console online MH4)

To me I hope they add some features to MH3U like Street Pass where if you go past someone, if you have the WiiU you can hook up and see if he is online to hunt with :D

Think it's disgusting theyre not putting online play into MOnster Hunter 3DS... Capcom said if we all moan they may do it which shows it's out of pure laziness. I'll just get the Wii U version too but portable Monster Hunter is very very tempting. Shame.

The 3DS one has been out for a while in Japan without online. They'renot going to shoehorn it in at last minute in localisation

I forbid all of ye to to put more than 300 hours into this game if you haven't finished Little King's Story yet!

I forbid anyone to play this game, period.

You'll save so much time! You're welcome.

The 3DS one has been out for a while in Japan without online. They'renot going to shoehorn it in at last minute in localisation

"Shoehorn" is a silly choice of words for a game that even the fans admit isn't much fun on your own. :p

And while the Japanese may love local multiplayer, Westerners are a lot more spread out and generally seem to prefer/expect online multiplayer. Capcom knows that.

And they have six months to add it.

In case any one hasn't seen this...

izufxh.png

I doubt it will make much of a difference for this version, even though he only needs to visit any MH forum thread on the net to see the evidence, but clearly if fans kick up enough fuss, there will be no way MH4 would miss out on it unless they pull another trick like this and have two versions.

And while the Japanese may love local multiplayer, Westerners are a lot more spread out and generally seem to prefer/expect online multiplayer. Capcom knows that.

And they have six months to add it.

doesn't really matter now cause Capcom have given us another online MH game which will be in our homes to play (And most likely be able to play on the gamepad)

And if this method works in terms of sales over here, bet your ass Capcom will do the same for MH4 and MH4G.