NEurope
Retro_Link

Nano Assault Neo (eShop)

I know, I don't like it either. I've got some exclusive error when the Wii tries to access the score boards.Nintendo told me to delete my save data and reinstall the game. It didn't fix it. I emailed Shin'en about my name up there twice because of me having a new save file and they didn't seem to be arsed about it, just said it's expected because score aren't only linked to NNID's... which in my opinion they should be, seems like amateur programming and lackluster responce. Have they even fixed that flag error yet?

Anyway, getting a bit hacked off with this error now and I think I've been quite patient waiting a solution.

Look at it this way though, if you beat my 2nd best score, you get yourself a beats sandwich free of charge ;)

Not played for a few weeks but I can read and write to the scoreboards fine now. Not sure if it was the update that did it or something with my ISP/Router or Nintendo's servers that might have changed. Beat @RedShell 's Arcade sore on Epsilon while I was there... sorry :heh:

Got a bloody good score with my 6 year old son on 2 player, on the Epsilon and Leta clusters. We are sitting pretty at the top of the charts (he's bloody good for 6 year old).

Just downloaded this game. It is a GEM.

Lovely arcade shooter. Only played on Single Player so far.... what the difference with Arcade mode?

Can't believe I waited so long to download it. Was waiting to see if it would get a sale but today said "frak it" and paid full price anyway. And it is worth every penny!

Thinking I'll get the 3DS version a bit down the line too now. Bet the Cells look awesome in 3D :D

But wondering how do you control the shooting on the 3DS without a CPP?

Also bloody amazed at the file size, well done Shin'en on that! And the game doesn't appear comprimised at all either.

Looks awesome, no slow down and gets bloody hectic :D

Only played Epsilon and Zeta so far and a bit of the 3rd level (can't remember name) but died on the first stage :p

Took a while to finish Zeta, kept dying on the 3rd stage. Finally beat it and got ranked 385th in world, not bad :D

And 3rd amongst my Friends list. @madeinbeats and @RedShell I am coming for yer scores!

Oh and the bonus rounds are awesome... reminds me of Sonic and Earthworm Jim bonus stages :D so far best I managed was 43 seconds :p

Just downloaded this game. It is a GEM.

Lovely arcade shooter. Only played on Single Player so far.... what the difference with Arcade mode?

Can't believe I waited so long to download it. Was waiting to see if it would get a sale but today said "frak it" and paid full price anyway. And it is worth every penny!

Thinking I'll get the 3DS version a bit down the line too now. Bet the Cells look awesome in 3D :D

But wondering how do you control the shooting on the 3DS without a CPP?

Also bloody amazed at the file size, well done Shin'en on that! And the game doesn't appear comprimised at all either.

Looks awesome, no slow down and gets bloody hectic :D

Only played Epsilon and Zeta so far and a bit of the 3rd level (can't remember name) but died on the first stage :p

Took a while to finish Zeta, kept dying on the 3rd stage. Finally beat it and got ranked 385th in world, not bad :D

And 3rd amongst my Friends list. @madeinbeats and @RedShell I am coming for yer scores!

Oh and the bonus rounds are awesome... reminds me of Sonic and Earthworm Jim bonus stages :D so far best I managed was 43 seconds :p

It is a GEM. Arcade mode is about playing only one level for high scores. The 3D cells on the 3DS version do look nice in 3D, but after the lovely HD visuals on the WiiU, it is a little bit of a comedown. I believe the shooting is controlled, on the 3DS without the CPP, with the A B X Y buttons, which would be like the old Geometry Wars DS' second control scheme.

I can't seem to top the high score charts on the single player, but on 2 player mode my 6 year old son and I rule the boards, on Epsilon and Zeta. Try it out, 2 player is fun, and if your partner is shite, they can steal your extra lives to continue.

BUMPAGE

Downloaded this the other week and I love it! Great arcade shooter, doesn't beat Super Star Dust HD on PS3 for me but still awesome! :)

@Mokong @londragon @Mike1988uk, how much time would you say you got out of this? I've seen it's going for like £7, I'm well out of funds but so beyond caring I'm spending all my monies lols.

14 hours and 29 minutes. Haven't played in a while, due to the amount of backlog games I'm trying to plough through, but it's a game that I definitely will come back to for short blasts as my son and I like to play this together. The local co-op, with one on the GAmePad other on the TV is excellent fun. In fact, the majority of my play time is in co-op mode. It might get stale quicker if playing single player only.

@Mokong @londragon @Mike1988uk, how much time would you say you got out of this? I've seen it's going for like £7, I'm well out of funds but so beyond caring I'm spending all my monies lols.

Probably a similar time to londragon without booting up the Wii U to check.

Would certainly recommend! Get it bought. ;)

So, I finally got round to trying this! Always thought it looked good, but I'm afraid I put it to the back of my mind until now. After E3 this year I thought I'd try some of the demos of independent games. This wasn't one showcased this year (for obvious reasons) but I saw there was a demo anyway and tried it. I thought the other games I sampled were a mixed bag, but this... I was gobsmacked at the quality.

Downloaded the full game and it's brilliant. The graphics are absolutely stunning, making use of the Wii U in ways I have only previously seen by Nintendo. Textures are like Super Mario 3D World, and as has been said, the game is silky smooth.

Musically, the soundtrack is some sort of techno - not something I know much about, but it's suitably pulse-pounding.

Twin stick gameplay is not something I'm used to, but it works extremely well. I think part of this is not having too many types of gameplay to focus on - it's just enough to suit the game, but not enough to overcomplicate it. Overall the game reminds me of a true arcade experience - easy enough to pick up but will take a while to master. There's just something very satisfying about it.

I am genuinely surprised an independent developer has as much mastery over 3D as this, and can't wait for their next game.