NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

I see Nintendo have increased the cost of 1st party titles in the US by $10. $59.99 now.

Nintendo Land is cheaper than NSMBU in Japan (Which would indicate a $50 pricepoint in the US) and Sonic & All Stars Racing is $40.

I bet the pricing scale will vary much moreso on Wii U than it did with PS360. You'll have plenty of titles from Nintendo ranging across the board. Game & Wario will probably be $40 or $50, while Pikmin 3 will go for $60.

Of course none of that matters for us here, where Nintendo will probably just charge the full £40 price on everything (and Shopto will sell it at £30-35 :D )

I thnk games will be £50 and £40 online. Be like PS3 and 360 game prices.

!? Where do you buy your PS360 games!? I haven't seen them being sold for £50 since 2007!

Their RRP is £50 but they're sold for £40. Game sell new games for £50 don't they?

True, the RRP is £50, but nobody sells it for that. Not even Game (and we know how much of a ripoff merchant they are!)

No way will anyone even consider selling them for £50. They'll all end up getting sold for £30-40; same price as everything else.

"The ZombiU Pack is like the #WiiU Premium Pack but instead of Nintendo Land it includes the #ZombiU game and a black Wii U Pro Controller."

Figure you guys should know

"The ZombiU Pack is like the #WiiU Premium Pack but instead of Nintendo Land it includes the #ZombiU game and a black Wii U Pro Controller."

Ahh crap. Pre-order cancelled :( (Just gonna go with the normal Premium one)

Cheers for the heads up! : peace:

Edited by Dcubed

Who tweeted that? (I assume it was a tweet from the hastags)

Anyway I just back from GameStop here in Ireland, currently no prices on the Console bundles, but they were taking pre-orders (well they been taking pre-orders for last few months actually but I wanted to wait for a date) on the Basic & Prem packs, no ZombiU pack on their system for now.

Still put a pre-order down on it anyway on the Premium bundle and a copy of ZombiU...will pre-order Black Ops 2 at a later stage...assuming the console price isn't too high :D

I remember they did a good deal for the 3DS launch where you got 2 games for the price of one when you pre-ordered so hopefully something similar will happen with Wii U and they don't go overboard with the console price. Think they were pretty good on the 3DS launch for console price so we'll see.

Roll on November 30th!!!!

EDIT:

Just went to my own twitter and seen it was NoE who made the tweet Serebii posted. So yeah I think I'll stick to Prem bundle and get ZombiU seperately. Not too fussed about the GP Pro for now.

Edited by Mokong

Yeah obviously this is it. Thing is, I want nintendoland and Zomniu and a pro controller. So basically we're paying £25 for the pro controller which is good for me. Plus Nintendoland may be even cheaper than Zombi u so another saving there. I've preordered zombi and premium versions at shopto and zavvi. Zavvi being the cheapest, but I feel everywhere will come down to these prices soon.

Ah thought that ZombieU bundle was too good to be true with NintendoLand too. I'll still get ZombieU on launch day though.

so the premium with nintendo land is

£299 from shopto

ZombieU is £39.99

and the pro controller is £40 (sure somewhere said that but can't find it)

thats £378.99

or Zombieu version £325 (shopto price) comes with pro controller

Nintendoland £40

thats £365

so its still cheaper to buy the zombieu version unless you want to forgo the pro controller

I'm not sure i'd want the pro controller myself now though, need think on this

usually when someone says comes with everything the premium pack does plus X game, it usually would mean EVERYTHING in the premium pack

A little disappointed with that

£274.99 for a premium over at Zavvi. I don't trust them at all, given the reputation they have on Gaf, but they could be helpful in getting the price down with the competition.

http://www.zavvi.com/10617661.html

Or alternatively: Given the reputation that the Gaf has, you should trust Zavvi completely?

Zavvi, despite being slow (seriously, it's like a lottery whether or not you receive games within a week or not), are amazing for prices and they do deliver.

I think consoles may be an exception to their slowness, because there's no bloody way they'd put such items in with normal postage, right?

£274.99 for a premium over at Zavvi. I don't trust them at all, given the reputation they have on Gaf, but they could be helpful in getting the price down with the competition.

http://www.zavvi.com/10617661.html

You pay for the reduced price with your time. Their deliveries are ridiculously slow.

But here's hoping it convinces the likes of Shopto and Amazon to follow suit!

Zavvi, despite being slow (seriously, it's like a lottery whether or not you receive games within a week or not)

VERY TRUE! I've only ordered from them 4 times, the only order that arrived on time was RE:R + CPP, it arrived on launch day for me.

However, the 3 following orders have taken more than a month to arrive. The most recent of which, One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP 2 still hasn't arrived.

(They finally sent out a replacement after complaining for a straight week)

What was that shop N-Europe was affiliated with when the Wii came out, n-shop or something? I got my Wii through them and it arrived the day before release :blank:

hhmm...I forgot that NintendoLand will likely not be full price, so yeah once GameStop get full prices and have the ZombiU Bundle in their system I might change my preorder if it works out cheaper to get that and then NintendoLand on its own.

I kinda feel it'll handy to have NintendoLand to make it easy to show it off come Christmas when we have a family gathering. I remember WiiSports going down a right treat when the Wii first came out, hopefully NintendoLand will be the Wii U's WiiSports

Ive preordered from Zavvi for the price. Thing is, I'd rather pay more and get it sooner, but at least I have options now. I think the Zombi U version is still way better to get. You're pretty much going to get a pro controller for £15 £20!

Has the actually launch day games been announced yet? Might get all my games preordered too from shopto, then it's done!

Hmmm not happy with those prices at the moment. I may leave buying for a few months. I'm not overly excited (maybe my age :( ) and I have a busy December so won't really be able to play it. I might pick it up in Jan/Feb time.

Was thinking of not buying at all to be honest. It would be the first Nintendo console I haven't bought if I don't get it. What's happening to me?! O_O

ZombiU Premium bundle pre-ordered from ShopTo. Not interested in Nintendoland at all, so this seemed the best bundle for me. Hopefully they'll ship them early.

Disappointed the Zombie bundle no longer comes with NintendoLand included. If ZombieU and Nintendoland end up costing the same at retail individually, i'd be paying at extra £28 at shopto just to get the controller pro. I'm confused which is the better deal now. Just to cancel my zombieU bundle, get the regular premium pack then buy zombieU seperately?

The ZOmbieU bundles should drop in price really, as everyone originally thought the package included Nintendoland.

Edited by LukeLee