NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

As we expected the price of the console will be down to retailers. The purpose of this thread is to post the best bundles/offers that you can find. That way the information won't get lost in the other threads.

I will keep this stickied so that it's easy to see.

Some are saying Amazon are going as low as £199 for the Basic pack but I can't find it on the site.

I think ShopTo have dared to go as high as £279 for the Premium (my prediction!)

Apparently GameStation will go about £220 for Basic and £250 for Premium (sounds like a reasonable middle ground).

I bet retailers are just waiting and watching all their competitors round about now.

Some are saying Amazon are going as low as £199 for the Basic pack but I can't find it on the site.

The Amazon listing showed £199, but the price was removed when the conference started.

I think ShopTo have dared to go as high as £279 for the Premium (my prediction!)

Apparently GameStation will go about £220 for Basic and £250 for Premium (sounds like a reasonable middle ground).

I bet retailers are just waiting and watching all their competitors round about now.

Yeah, the Amazon isn't showing up for me either.

I will probably just go with Shopto as they are usually competitive but I still hope we get a decent price war going on.

Errr... Did I read correctly in chatroom that ZombieU and Nintendoland are bundled in the premium? or is it one or the other?

Errr... Did I read correctly in chatroom that ZombieU and Nintendoland are bundled in the premium? or is it one or the other?

Nintendoland comes with the premium model and ZombiU has it's own bundle.

The normal Premium bundle is Nintendo Land.

But there's a special, limited edition bundle that has a Black Wii U, ZombiU and a Pro Controller. I don't think this has Nintendo Land.

No, but there is going to be a 'ZombiU Bundle' available at launch, whether or not that's with the Premium WiiU +/ NintendoLand hasn't been explained.

Thanks chaps! :)

Premium Wii-U with NintendoLand & New Super Mario Bros and ZombiU it is then!

Black Wii U, ZombiU and a Pro Controller.

Was this mentioned in the Conference, I don't remember hearing this.

... A Danish/Swedish site (CDON.com) is listing the Wii U Premium for the equivalent of £483 (including taxes).... I don't think they'll get many buyers at first!

... A Danish/Swedish site (CDON.com) is listing the Wii U Premium for the equivalent of £483 (including taxes).... I don't think they'll get many buyers at first!

CDon is known to overprice just about everything. Could be a placeholder, too.

http://cdon.no/spill/nintendo_wii_u_premium-21353258

Premium version: NOK 4499 (GBP 484)

Definately a placeholder, just to let people pre-order.

I pre-ordered at elkjop.no for NOK 3995 (GBP 430), but I will never pay that much for it, I just want to be on a list.

How does this work?

shoptowiiu.png

:p Just noticed it on my Shopto preorder, don't know if it's new or not.

Might go for the Zombie U bundle if it's the premium version and comes with Nintendo Land, otherwise I'm not that bothered about Zombie U.

Tesco have gone with the following prices :-

Link

Basic Pack £249

Premium £299

Premium with ZombiU £329

ShopTo.net have sent the following Tweet out :-

For anyone who has preordered the Black Wii U, we will have two new versions up for preorder shortly. Ticket with details will be sent soon.

...and Amazon UK have the basic pack up for £220

Edited by welsh_gamer

The basic is nearly £250 on shopto. I might be shopping somewhere else if the difference is that big with the premium.

Both Amazon prices have gone up.

Boo this company!

It's a shame pre-order price promises mean jack-shit these days. It used to be that if the price goes up, you'd get the cheaper price. Now it's if the price goes down, you get the cheaper price. If the price goes up, they just cancel your order.

Looks like I'm going to be waiting quite a while to see who dares goes lowest.