NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (March 22nd)

No idea, didn't see it mentioned in the Press Release. :hmm:

But I'm going to assume that you can.

I will as well then. :D Best to stay positive. :bouncy:

I will as well then. :D Best to stay positive. :bouncy:
Absolutely. ;)

And even if there's no headset support, at least you know that you'll be able to use the GamePad. And the quality through that can't be worse than Wii Speak, right? (Once again, staying positive :laughing:)

*EDIT*

Just keeping the trailer on the new page, as it's too awesome :hehe::

Edited by RedShell

Guys, does anyone know:

- How many hours into/at what point in the game does the new content (the monsters, not the equipment) pop up?

New monster distribution: they seem to be spread out very evenly across the board, totally swamping the old monsters : o

- How many of the 30 new monsters are clones? (ie Baggi/Jaggi, Rathalos/Rathian)
Think the new monsters have different attacks and patterns so I doubt there are any clones. Can't speak from experience tho. And rathalos/rathian aren't clones. They look similar, have similar moves, but they are quite a few differences between them to make them have their own feel and impression on the player.

9708932075767_display_1_.jpg

Clones: Yes, there are real clones in the game, i.e. subspecies or rare monster variations. Just look at the cover, which has an Azure Rathalos in it; it's the same monster with a different colour scheme, more stamina and far more aggressive behaviour. These guys can have new moves, stats and habitats and they also give you access to even better armour and weapons.

As for how many clones there are, the original Tri monsters (18) have a total of 17 sub / rare variations. So almost a whole new game's worth of tougher variants! What comes to new monsters (not available in Tri), there are 11 plus 5 sub / rare variants of those. So pretty much 2/3 new content, 18 basic, 17 subs and 16 brand new beasts.

PS. And if you think the subs are gonna be a piece of cake...

...say hello to Hungry Jho ; D

1547yux.png

...say hello to Hungry Jho ; D

1547yux.png

:eek: *gulp*

Hello there, Hungry Jho. I look forward to running away from you. :laughing:

See didn't I tell ye voice chat would get added for the western releases.

Though hopefully the use of teh gamepads mic is just for people without a headset.

If headsets get confirmed I will order that Nla Wii U branded one right away :D

If somehow it is only the gamepads mic, hopefully, as Redshell said, it can't be worse than Wii Speak :heh:

Voicechat...Keyboards...transfarring (not a typo, my fav made up word) to the 3DS! This game has everything! I wonder if i should book the week off work...

Edited by Kagato

Ive never played a MH game but im really looking forward to getting this.

Good stuff, it's an amazing game. :)

A word of warning though, it can be absolutely brutal. And I mean really, really... REALLY difficult! :shakehead

My first MH game was Tri on the Wii, and I was just blown away by how hard the later stages of the game are.

Even when you team up with other players and hunt together it's still tough, but it's also a lot of fun and a very rewarding experience.

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy it. In a way I'd love to be going into this game without having played MH before, just to relive all of those "WTF!?" moments. :laughing: Although I'm sure I'll still be getting quite a few of those moments from the new monsters.

Will there be people from N-E playing together that i would be able to take part in?

Well that's a great position to start from, every monster is new to you.

Good stuff, it's an amazing game. :)

A word of warning though, it can be absolutely brutal. And I mean really, really... REALLY difficult! :shakehead

My first MH game was Tri on the Wii, and I was just blown away by how hard the later stages of the game are.

Even when you team up with other players and hunt together it's still tough, but it's also a lot of fun and a very rewarding experience.

I think the difficulty / challenging nature of the game just makes it even better. The combat is purely skill and reaction based, and needs constant focus in order for you to survive. If you suck at the game, no amount of über gear is going to save your ass from the later monsters, who will just skin you alive in a matter of mere seconds. "Haha, u guise r such total n00bs, outta my way, fags..." "what, no, heeeeeeelllp!" *fireballed to death*

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy it. In a way I'd love to be going into this game without having played MH before, just to relive all of those "WTF!?" moments. :laughing: Although I'm sure I'll still be getting quite a few of those moments from the new monsters.

I bet there will. The line-up looks quite crazy indeed, tougher and tougher monsters all the way : D

Edited by Ville

Will there be people from N-E playing together that i would be able to take part in?
I'm pretty sure the majority of people on here that played Tri, will also be picking this up. So yeah, there will be lots of N-E peeps to play online with. :)

I think the difficulty / challenging nature of the game just makes it even better.
Absolutely, I agree.

I was shocked by the difficulty at first, but it quickly became one of my favourite things about the game.

The fact that I play a lot of casual style/easier games too, only enhanced that aspect further.

Jumping into MH after playing something chilled-out like Nintendogs or Animal Crossing makes it all the more brilliant! :D

I bet there will. The line-up looks quite crazy indeed, tougher and tougher monsters all the way : D
I just can't wait. Hurry up March! :bouncy:

You couldn't have picked a better one to start off with. Tri does a great job of easing newcomers in and of course, this is a (greatly) expanded version of that same game, so it should ease you in nice and gently.

All I really need to tell you is that the game is hard and rewards patience. You won't go straight into it blasting away all the monsters you see. It takes a long time to build yourself up and a long time to hunt each monster, but you really do get out of it what you put in!

Sad news to report. The Monster Hunter 3 Wii servers will close on 30th April. Never could get enough skypiercers.

Sad news to report. The Monster Hunter 3 Wii servers will close on 30th April. Never could get enough skypiercers.

It's a good thing that MH3U runs on Nintendo's own normal servers like every other game. That way Capcom can't shut it down if they don't feel like supporting it any more!

I'm surprised they are leaving it that late, given that MH3U will be out over a month by then. I expected them to close those servers just before MH3U came out.

The Brotherhood shall rise again so.

*CALL TO ARMS*

Can't wait to start forging my switchaxes again :D

And cannot wait to start killing me some Jhens....I hear they've had a population explosion, so the Brotherhood needs to go back in and put them on the endangered spiecies list again :D

Having never experienced the original Tri, this is certainly helping me to consider the Wii U. Out of interest, how does the 3DS and Wii U versions compare to the Wii versions, and each other?

Having never experienced the original Tri, this is certainly helping me to consider the Wii U. Out of interest, how does the 3DS and Wii U versions compare to the Wii versions, and each other?

The Wii U and 3DS versions are exactly the same with the following differences...

3DS: 3D support, Streetpass Guild Card trading, Streetpass quest completion (players you pass by appear in your game. When you talk to them, you can pay them a fee to automatically complete any quest that they've already beaten in their game for you, netting you all the rewards from it!), local multiplayer.

Wii U: Online multiplayer, native 1080p resolution visuals

The two different versions can also share the same save files and can play locally with each other (you can't do local splitscreen on the Wii U version on its own though, only in conjunction with 3DS systems though).

Compared to the Wii original, there are over twice as many monsters, 2 new areas, roughly 3 times as many quests, 4 new weapons and somewhere between 7-10x the armour pieces and weapons to forge. The graphics have also been upgraded on both versions and there is additional touch screen functionality on both versions as well (the vid below does a good job of showing it off)

You also get two Shakalaka creatures to accompany you in single player as opposed to 1 and there's a new elemental type added too (Slime - Braccydos is the main new monster for this element). Bowguns also work slightly differently.

Edited by Dcubed

being able to use the same save between both games is a huge draw for me, ill now be able to play on the move, at work and at home, make no mistake, this is huge!

A note to newcomers, this is the kind of game that you will need to play for at least 2 hours before you know if you like it or not. Everything is deliberatly paced to make it a risk and reward combat system, learning to block and dodge successfully is just as important as learning the monsters attack patterns. You do have good company in the NE forum though so you shouldnt find yourself ever needing to fight on your own unless you want to.

I bought Tri but barely played it, enjoyed what I did though. I'm hoping to get this and really put some time into it, see what all the fuss is about :)

The Wii U and 3DS versions are exactly the same with the following differences...

3DS: 3D support, Streetpass Guild Card trading, Streetpass quest completion (players you pass by appear in your game. When you talk to them, you can pay them a fee to automatically complete any quest that they've already beaten in their game for you, netting you all the rewards from it!), local multiplayer.

Wii U: Online multiplayer, native 1080p resolution visuals

Exactly the same? Like no advantage of the wii u tech compared to 3ds? I know very little about this game except it's well recieved and you hunt monsters, but I'd have thought the Wii U version should at least be superior if it's on this more powerful console? Nonetheless the online multiplayer is certainly a large bonus from waht I understand?