NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (March 22nd)

I'm surprised I'm not seeing any multi-copy packs of Monster Hunter. I would have thought quite a few people would have been interested enough to fork out just a little more to have both the Wii U and 3DS version at a discount.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing any multi-copy packs of Monster Hunter. I would have thought quite a few people would have been interested enough to fork out just a little more to have both the Wii U and 3DS version at a discount.

Amazon US are doing a discount deal when you buy both 3DS and Wii U versions...

Of course the UK gets squat though :(

Amazon US are doing a discount deal when you buy both 3DS and Wii U versions...

Of course the UK gets squat though :(

Damn, I would have thought it'd be a no brainer with the save transferring and the recent ad-hoc party esque feature they've promised to implement. Another thing I'm surprised by is how much Wii LAN adapters cost, there's one in the second hand store nearby me for about £11

Game is doing a bundle for £69.99, saving about £6. I think it's a crap bundle, should have been £55-60.

Link

Game is doing a bundle for £69.99, saving about £6. I think it's a crap bundle, should have been £55-60.

Link

Seeing as you can pick WiiU version up for about 35 quid and the 3DS version for 32.99. Not much of a bundle is it.

Seeing as you can pick WiiU version up for about 35 quid and the 3DS version for 32.99. Not much of a bundle is it.

Nope not really. But to Game it is lol. Needs to be a lot cheaper.

Got the Friday & Monday booked off work but is a 4 day weekend of Monster Hunter enough?

I've booked the friday and monday off too :) This and Need for Speed blitzhing is in order!

Can I ask the obvious...why the fuck does the 3DS not have proper online play to begin with?

Nintendo are still in the dark ages when it comes to online.

I know this doesn't fit in with your painful anti-nintendo agenda; but you do know nintendo didn't make this game yeah!?!?!?

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how the 3DS version can then interact with the Wii U version or vice versa? Do I need the Wii U version before I can play the same game on the go with my 3DS? Contemplating the 3DS version to take with me on holiday before I buy the MH3 Wii U later down the line, but no idea how this whole interaction dealie works.

To be fair with regards to Amazon's US crossbuy incentive, I don't think either game is discounted to begin with so if you only buy one, you will pay RRP unlike if you were buying from the UK site where a discount is already applied so it's unreasonable to expect them to apply another reduction above the one they already offer.

New trailer time!!

This one ditches the classic Monster Hunter theme for something quite different and I have to say, I really like the track - much more than the proper theme. I don't think I would have put them together myself but it really works well for the sake of the trailer.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown of how the 3DS version can then interact with the Wii U version or vice versa? Do I need the Wii U version before I can play the same game on the go with my 3DS? Contemplating the 3DS version to take with me on holiday before I buy the MH3 Wii U later down the line, but no idea how this whole interaction dealie works.

You can transfer your save between versions.

Wii U and 3DS versions can play local multi-player together. Interesting to know if it allows both saves to play together, though.

You can use the Wii U version to connect the 3DS version online if you also have a LAN adapter.

So I could maybe start on my 3DS, transfer that to the Wii U when I get it and carry on there? I'm holidaying for 2 weeks from the 26th - it'd be kinda nice to keep myself somewhat up to speed with MH3 whilst I'm out of the country so I don't come back, get my Wii U and feel really left behind(if it works like that even?). I actually know so little about this game lol, I'm literally buying it just because I've seen so many people rave about it!

You can transfer your save between versions.

Wii U and 3DS versions can play local multi-player together. Interesting to know if it allows both saves to play together, though.

You can use the Wii U version to connect the 3DS version online if you also have a LAN adapter.

dont think you actally need the Wii U version to go online with 3DS. Just need the Lan adaptor.

We can confirm that on March 22nd, the launch day of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, an application named MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS will be made available as a free download on the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

This application allows players of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS to play the game online by using a Wii U console connected to the Internet via the Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U LAN Adapter (to be sold separately). Using this set-up, one Nintendo 3DS system can connect to the Wii U console, and play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online with other players.

Please note that while the Wii U console is providing this function for the Nintendo 3DS system, it is not possible to simultaneously use the Wii U console for playing Wii U software or to connect locally to another Nintendo 3DS system. A copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U is not required.

dont think you actally need the Wii U version to go online with 3DS. Just need the Lan adaptor.

Ah, good. Was pretty stupid if you needed the Wii U version as well.

I know this doesn't fit in with your painful anti-nintendo agenda; but you do know nintendo didn't make this game yeah!?!?!?

The point is that there's no reason why the 3DS version couldn't have the same features as the WiiU version aside from lacklustre online focus/integration with the 3DS.

The point is that there's no reason why the 3DS version couldn't have the same features as the WiiU version aside from lacklustre online focus/integration with the 3DS.

Whilst this is true/I somewhat agree, I understand it's due to the 3DS version being an enhanced port of the Wii version where they dropped/opted for no online but rather heavy streetpass functionality and local play(which is ok in Japan where both 3ds and MH are huge but maybe not so here), and the Wii U version in turn is an enhanced port of the 3DS version. At least I swear that's what was said in the thread somewhere. It was probably a large cost cutting measure, and never fixed because it was already 'complete'.

(3ds version originally released dec 2011 in jpn, wii u version a year later)

You don't make sense, the 3ds is online capable, many many many games use it. So why is it nintendos fault capcom didn't integrate it? There are reasons capcom didn't and have now shoehorned in a way, but its nothing to do with Nintendo.

But after reading your frankly ridiculous posts in the ps4 thread, im not surprised at such uninformed anti Nintendo comments. Objectivity is not something you are blessed with.

Nintendo consoles have never championed online, so it's not hard to see that the lack of online focus in the game it's meant to be ported over from is having a knock on effect here.

Really the point here is that rather than blaming the developer, I would blame Nintendo for leaving it up to the developer and not having an integrated online infrastructure.

Anyway, not a huge deal I guess if you can still play online, just weird/annoying for such a big title. Oh and @dazzybee; I couldn't care less what you have to say, and can honestly say I probably never will.

Edited by Sheikah

Anyway, not a huge deal I guess if you can still play online, just weird/annoying for such a big title.

Actually no, not weird at all. I do believe non of the portable MH games have had online features. So Capcom were likely not focused on it when first making this on the 3DS. Especially as it seemed to be Japan only for a while where as was said, MH games are played mainly locally and online is not needed there.

Actually no, not weird at all. I do believe non of the portable MH games have had online features. So Capcom were likely not focused on it when first making this on the 3DS. Especially as it seemed to be Japan only for a while where as was said, MH games are played mainly locally and online is not needed there.

While it's true the past portable games have never had a real focus online, online has still been possible without extra hardware. I would have though by now that online was credited enough to be properly implemented in every game.

While it's true the past portable games have never had a real focus online, online has still been possible without extra hardware. I would have though by now that online was credited enough to be properly implemented in every game.

To officially play the PSP versions of MH you had to have a PS3 and have it connected via an ethernet cable. Of course you could faff on with the unofficial way via the PC. Either way, none of the PSP versions were able to be played online with just the PSP on it's own.

The only reason they are putting the online into is because they want to make the series successful in the West and without online play it's never going to happen.