NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (March 22nd)

MH3U Wii Demo

And finally some players who know what they are actually doing!

What a terrible time to be broke godamnit >.<

I actually cannot wait to play on this. Im a MH virgin as well. Expectations are therefore high!

enjoyed playing MH Trii, although I mostly played it offline. However I'm going to correct that with MH3U, so I hope that I found some fun online company from the NE-forum too!

You only played single player? Good lord man, you missed like half of the game... : o

Possibly a stupid question...Is there any difference between this and the 3DS version? I dont tend to have much money for games so i really just wanna pick up 1 version

Now I'm trying to decide which one I should go for between the two.

Well, unless you guys are hardcore hermits / have access to local MH-loving friends 24/7, I'd say definitely pick up the WiiU version. Online multiplayer makes this game so much more fun and rewarding...especially when you're doing the end game quests, where the monsters are tough as friggin' hell. So many great moments to be had when playing with others...

Or if I shouldn't bother at all considering Monster Hunter Tri and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite are somewhere in my backlog.
Tri's servers go down anyway, and MH3U is gonna be the better version of it with a crap load of new content and a functioning online. No reason to not upgrade... ; D Edited by Ville

You only played single player? Good lord man, you missed like half of the game... : o

Yeah. First I wanted to play the single player game just to get familiar with the game. Collecting basic items, upgrading my weapons and armors etc. I didn't want to appear as a total noob in the multiplayer game. :D

But now that I know the game better, I'm going to play MH3U mostly online.

I really wish we could afford a Wii U for this, but it's looking like we'll just be getting the 3DS version next month. The save data transfer feature is going to come in super handy when we finally get hold of the console version.

3DS version is the most pointless thing of all time. Chocolate toothpaste is more useful than it. The online is the most important aspect of the game, it's almost empty without it.

3DS version is the most pointless thing of all time. Chocolate toothpaste is more useful than it. The online is the most important aspect of the game, it's almost empty without it.

Please tell me this is a joke post.

MH's biggest market by far is Japan. MH's popularity is on handhelds and most people play together locally.

I understand that the west is not like japan. People dont go out to the park and start playing MH together but to call it pointless is plain silly.

Lets not forget that the Wii U version is a port of the 3DS game and not the other way round.

Look how much the games on PSP and 3DS have sold without online play.

Edited by khilafah

Fair comment, but I don't think anyone would be complaining if they'd taken the time to include it. There's really no excuse to exclude online play these days - clearly money is the key motivator here. They just want to sell the Wii U version together with the 3DS one so players can get the "complete experience".

If the 3DS version had online play, I doubt Japan would be particularly interested in the Wii U version.

MH's biggest market by far is Japan. MH's popularity is on handhelds and most people play together locally.

I understand that the west is not like japan. People dont go out to the park and start playing MH together but to call it pointless is plain silly.

Lets not forget that the Wii U version is a port of the 3DS game and not the other way round.

Exactly. The West isn't like Japan. You will not be able to go outside and meet up with other Monster Hunter players. Having no online play in Japan is fine, but in the West it's effectively sending out the game to die. It makes ZERO sense to not include online play in the 3DS version. Give me one reason why it shouldn't be included.

Just because it works in one region does not make it instantly great for another. If 4 doesn't include online play, I'm not going anywhere near it. I trust Capcom enough that they'll have it, because it would be stupid not to.

Yeah. First I wanted to play the single player game just to get familiar with the game. Collecting basic items, upgrading my weapons and armors etc. I didn't want to appear as a total noob in the multiplayer game. :D

But now that I know the game better, I'm going to play MH3U mostly online.

Haha, yeah I played the single player game first too, just in case. Still, I think you would've done just fine in the multiplayer, new players really aren't the problem, but the ones that are total boneheads... o_O

I think I start with the sp myself to get in grips with the game and the different weapons, but go online much sooner than last time too. I think the system of sp / mp quests works pretty well in these games; you can switch from one to the other any time you want, very nice.

Yeah, we're actually lucky to be getting the WiiU version (with online), I mean the 3DS version is the original MH3U title, which they could've just left at that.

Fair comment, but I don't think anyone would be complaining if they'd taken the time to include it. There's really no excuse to exclude online play these days - clearly money is the key motivator here. They just want to sell the Wii U version together with the 3DS one so players can get the "complete experience".

If the 3DS version had online play, I doubt Japan would be particularly interested in the Wii U version.

I think Capcom made a good business move here. They were clearly developing the 3DS version for the Japanese market from the get-go, but then realised (with Tri's success?) that they need to cater to the Western market as well, i.e. include the online. So why not make another version for the WiiU with online? Thus they could release the 3DS version in Japan in schedule, but also satisfy the West's desire for online play with the WiiU version. Add in data-transfer between the two games and voilà, you've got a pretty good package.

You're forgetting DKCR 3DS [/OHHHHHHH] ;)

You're lucky that we share the _Link name, otherwise...goddaaammmn.

Some of us have friends to play with locally you know... :indeed:

Some of us have friends to play with locally you know... :indeed:

Good for you, but not everyone does. Include the online and make everyone happy.

Good for you, but not everyone does. Include the online and make everyone happy.

I dont have so will be buying the wii u version and relying on N-E

I'm not disagreeing with you here. The 3DS version should've had online play added as well, but it's far from "useless" (in fact I actually want the 3DS version more than the Wii U one personally - though I do plan on getting both)

Having never played a Monster Hunter game, im realy excited for this one :o

I was watching some videos earlier and damn the fights seem epic!! I like the fact that monsters actually take quite some time to beat. I had no idea how hardcore / challenging this game is.

Can't wait to try this out!!

Having never played a Monster Hunter game, im realy excited for this one :o

I was watching some videos earlier and damn the fights seem epic!! I like the fact that monsters actually take quite some time to beat. I had no idea how hardcore / challenging this game is.

Can't wait to try this out!!

They are epic, and when you're fighting with 3 other dudes / dudettes, it's just friggin' kool as hell. Huge monsters thrashing away while you're all blocking, evading and running around trying to get a shot in while trying to avoid getting killed at the same time : D Totally awesome.

Good grief, it's still one month until the launch...the demo's coming out next week, I wonder if you can save any progress from that. What was the Tri demo like, did any of the materials get saved or was it just for show?

If 4 doesn't include online play, I'm not going anywhere near it. I trust Capcom enough that they'll have it, because it would be stupid not to.

They've confirmed that MH4 (on the 3DS, of course) will include online play. They said that they had some problems with the old MH3 code/build to add online to it, but with MH4 being a newer build they made sure they could implement it from the get-go.

I actually cannot wait to play on this. Im a MH virgin as well. Expectations are therefore high!

Friendly warning: you won't like the game at first. It'll seem clunky and inaccesible. Keep at it, though. It'll turn into one of the best games you've ever played, but preserverance is a must in the early stages.

Friendly warning: you won't like the game at first. It'll seem clunky and inaccesible. Keep at it, though. It'll turn into one of the best games you've ever played, but preserverance is a must in the early stages.

Very true.

The game can take about 10 hours to finally click with you but, after that you will be killing beasties like a pro.

All those who are new to the series, remember you will also have many experienced hunters on here to help you on your way. It will be nice to have some new blood playing this version.

There's nothing quite like struggling with a monster, getting better weapons and armour, learning its attacks and then going back and kicking its butt. Awesome!

There's nothing quite like struggling with a monster, getting better weapons and armour, learning its attacks and then going back and kicking its butt. Awesome!

Indeed. It's very Punchout esc in that respect!

Also another word of warning. If the demo is like every other MonHun demo, it'll lump you in the deep end without any explanation of how to play. You might want to consult a guide while you play the demo (or just wait until you actually get the game - which actually does a great job of easing you into it, unlike the past demos...)