NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (March 22nd)

Certainly not.... wish I had a way to take a holiday from the wife and son for that weekend......(does that make me sound a bad husband/father? :heh:)

There seems to be conflicting dates for this. Is is 22nd march or april?
Definitely March.

Definitely March.

Same day as Need For Speed then... Might take a long weekend off too :)

Same day as Need For Speed then... Might take a long weekend off too :)

Better yet, I've got two weeks off in March!

Just in time for all that 3DS gaming goodness to come flooding in :D

cant wait, i have never played this game, so you can team up with like 4 players, but is it also like this? that u can see other places like in a marketplace or something? and there team up with them to do a quest?

cant wait, i have never played this game, so you can team up with like 4 players, but is it also like this? that u can see other places like in a marketplace or something? and there team up with them to do a quest?

Yeah. Basically you have like a hub area where you can meet random people. You can then jump into a town, which holds 4 people, and then start your quest. You can even just skip walking around the hub and join a random town if there is room.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/07...region-locked/

Monster Hunter series producer, Ryozo Tsujimoto, shared the information with Gamereactor in a recent interview. This means that American players will not be able to play online with European players, and neither one will be able to play with Japanese players either. Capcom have since confirmed the news on their forums.

This blows!!!!

Disappointing, but not surprising. It's exactly like Tri on Wii.

Yeah and not nintendo's fault but capcom's decision.

Edit

From neogaf

For the record, the good Andrew Alfonso (Project Manager for Capcom's localization department) told me and Likchan on Twitter that:

It's Nintendo's servers so...

What a crap day to be a wii u owner. Good going nintendo.

Edited by liger05

What can be their reasoning(excuse) for this decision? A bad day indeed all round.

so, even if i have a friend in the United states, i cant even play with friend codes?

still im buying it.

i enjoy the wiiU, with blackopps, mario, nintendoland, trine, and i play smashbros brawl all over again lol, and still havend played punchout (which i will borrow from my brother) till this game gets out, so yeah i enjoy it, and soon i will buy asassin creed

Edited by The-chosen-one

What a load of immature and predictably overblown responses to a quite reasoned decision. If you're using servers it's totally normal for people to play on local servers to improve connection add to this fact that the vast majority of people will game with people living in close proximity due to time zones then it's obvious why this decision was made. If you have two European players with an American and a Japanese then where do they play? Logically it would be the European server, but the other two would lag as they're further away, just as what happens when a European ends up in a game of COD with an American host. If everyone was thrown in together people would experience bad connections. Another simple decision blown out of all proportion.

I think the main problem is that the servers are completely separate. It would make sense to have random co-op based on region (even though I don't understand why anyone would want to enter a random online co-op game) and I don't think there would be any complaints, but it's annoying to stop the people who want to play with friends in other regions.

What a load of immature and predictably overblown responses to a quite reasoned decision. If you're using servers it's totally normal for people to play on local servers to improve connection add to this fact that the vast majority of people will game with people living in close proximity due to time zones then it's obvious why this decision was made. If you have two European players with an American and a Japanese then where do they play? Logically it would be the European server, but the other two would lag as they're further away, just as what happens when a European ends up in a game of COD with an American host. If everyone was thrown in together people would experience bad connections. Another simple decision blown out of all proportion.

Mario Kart seems to play just fine. Street fighter no problems.

I'm thinking of taking the Friday & Monday off so I have 4 days of non stop monster hunting, am I mad?!

I did the exact same thing, ill play it on WiiU all day monday and friday and when my girlfriend gets home ill swith to the 3DS game. I cant loose ^_^

Mario Kart seems to play just fine. Street fighter no problems.

fcuk I remember playing PSO on dreamcast on worldwide servers over a damn phone line with very little lag!!

anyway I have decided to cancel my Wii U pre-order. I wasnt planning to play online till I have spent many hours on single player mode.

I will do this on my 3DS so the Wii U version would be a waste of money. Will pick the Wii U version up eventually.

It's the way people are griping that pisses me off. Nintendo are providing dedicated regional servers for the game, at their cost, with no subscription fees.

If there's such a wealth of people just dying to spend hours on this with their Japanese and American friends, then they shouldn't buy it. But don't try and make out Nintendo are some evil corporation for making a simple business decision that will affect virtually no one.

The way this news has been written up and commented on is as if the Titanic just sank.

Looking forward to play the Wii U - version of MH3U. Now that Ubisoft decided to cancel the February release for Rayman Legends, I chanced my pre-order for Rayman to Monster Hunter.

I enjoyed playing MH Trii, although I mostly played it offline. However I'm going to correct that with MH3U, so I hope that I found some fun online company from the NE-forum too!

New £5 off voucher for GAME - VCUKFEB13

Use it on the Monster Hunter bundle to bring it down to £65.

Again, not sure if they will arrive in time for launch day since their deliveries have been pretty slow, haven't preordered from them for a while.

I did have that bundle pre-ordered but I still think £70/£65 is too much for what is effectively the same game twice.

Now I'm trying to decide which one I should go for between the two. Or if I shouldn't bother at all considering Monster Hunter Tri and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite are somewhere in my backlog.

When does the demo hit for this? Is it this month?

I believe it is Feb 21st on both platforms, read that in ONM this morning. If I have that wrong will update it but sure it's that date! :)