NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (March 22nd)

Exactly the same? Like no advantage of the wii u tech compared to 3ds? I know very little about this game except it's well recieved and you hunt monsters, but I'd have thought the Wii U version should at least be superior if it's on this more powerful console? Nonetheless the online multiplayer is certainly a large bonus from waht I understand?

Yup. The Wii U version is the same as the 3DS game, with the lack of 3D and Streetpass support being replaced with native 1080p rendering (along with slightly better textures) and online play.

It is a port of the 3DS game after all (which itself was an enhanced port from the Wii). Either way, the visuals look great!

Exactly the same? Like no advantage of the wii u tech compared to 3ds? I know very little about this game except it's well recieved and you hunt monsters, but I'd have thought the Wii U version should at least be superior if it's on this more powerful console? Nonetheless the online multiplayer is certainly a large bonus from waht I understand?

Well, you could say that the MH3U is like an expansion to Tri. These have usually been limited to just handhelds, but this time Capcom decided to make a console version too, complete with online. So there are two sides to the argument really: yes, it's a bummer MH3U wasn't built from scratch to take advantage of everything WiiU has to offer, but then again, we're getting the usually-limited-to-handhelds expansion on a console, complete with online and better graphics. I much prefer this option to no console version / online at all...

Well, you could say that the MH3U is like an expansion to Tri. These have usually been limited to just handhelds, but this time Capcom decided to make a console version too, complete with online. So there are two sides to the argument really: yes, it's a bummer MH3U wasn't built from scratch to take advantage of everything WiiU has to offer, but then again, we're getting the usually-limited-to-handhelds expansion on a console, complete with online and better graphics. I much prefer this option to no console version / online at all...

I much prefer this option to no console version / online at all...

i agree with you there.

Day one purchase, looks like I'll be picking mushrooms for a week or so!

Is that how you started Tri as well? : D

"fuck yeah, I've got a big-ass sword and everything, let's go slay some monsters!"
-after twenty minutes-

"these bloody mushrooms, where are they, AAAAAARRRRGH!!!!111"

With my interest in gaming discussion down the drain, I'll be dwelling in the online area's now, so I will be on...a lot with this game, I too, like H-O-T got the week off :)

Really excited about this, only seen my mates having a bash before so am a MH virgin, however I think the main draw for me is 3DS connectivity, being that I travel alot for work and am always playing on my 3DS, the fact that what I do on the tube can then impact on play at home/online is massive! Really hope we get more games like this that make the most of both consoles, hopefully Nintendo can make the GC/GBA connectivity foul up a distant memory.

Possibly a stupid question...Is there any difference between this and the 3DS version? I dont tend to have much money for games so i really just wanna pick up 1 version

Possibly a stupid question...Is there any difference between this and the 3DS version? I dont tend to have much money for games so i really just wanna pick up 1 version

You should read this post.

i will buy the Wii U version, think is easier also for the camera control which i saw in the video (from the post above)

and also more monsters and more dungeons.

Looks like March is the month to buy a Wii U. Rayman and Monster Hunter in the same month, hell yeah.

GAME are selling a (unofficial) double pack for£69.99, a little cheaper than buying them separatally from them. They've been a bit funny with delivery times for a while so be warned.

GAME are selling a (unofficial) double pack for£69.99.

Sweet, thanks for pointing this out. Just used this month's voucher to take a Fiver off. Hopefully it turns up!:yay:

Have these games reviewed well over in Japan?

Sweet, thanks for pointing this out. Just used this month's voucher to take a Fiver off. Hopefully it turns up!:yay:

Voucher..?

Use SVOOJAN13 to get £5 off (spend has to be over £50).

ShopTo has Ultimate 3DS at £29.86 and the Wii U Ultimate is £39.85, so the Game combo pack seems to be better value when you use the code.

Have these games reviewed well over in Japan?

Yes, they reviewed well. Famitsu reviewed them as:

3DS 38/40 (10/10/9/9)

Wii U 35/40 (9/9/8/9)

I always used to go to Play.com or to Tesco for my day one purchases! As Play is dead and Tesco aren't doing the Wii U I think Shopto will be my choice!

Torn on getting the digital version or not. It would be a good game to keep on the system all the time.

Use SVOOJAN13 to get £5 off (spend has to be over £50).

Just missed it, expired yesterday.

Edited by Ike

I pre-orderd from shopto, Game are a bit ropey at getting things to you on time and their customer service is poor when they inevitably mess up and order. Shopto on the other hand usually deliver things up to two days early, have a reward scheme that is actually really good! For instance, i bought around 12 games last year and due to built up points i got Sonic and all stars racing for less than a fiver, was well impressed.

I pre-orderd from shopto, Game are a bit ropey at getting things to you on time and their customer service is poor when they inevitably mess up and order. Shopto on the other hand usually deliver things up to two days early, have a reward scheme that is actually really good! For instance, i bought around 12 games last year and due to built up points i got Sonic and all stars racing for less than a fiver, was well impressed.

Yeah, Shopto FTW!

I'm hoping to get this a couple of days early. I can spend those extra days getting some offline done and building up my first armor/weapon sets, before heading online come the release day. Then with me having a holiday booked off for the game, it will be a solid week of playing. :D

Right, this game better not get delayed cause ive just taken a long weekend off to play it lol.

Id like to play online right away :p im hoping my brother wants it for the 3Ds :p so we can play together also

I'm thinking of taking the Friday & Monday off so I have 4 days of non stop monster hunting, am I mad?!