NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

WOW, Nintendo save Bayonetta from cancellation by stumping up cash and funding it. Rather than thanking them the 'fans' go wild and hate Nintendo even more as it's not going to be released on other consoles.

The funny thing about this is that I get the idea Bayonetta fans would have been happier if the game was cancelled than see it on a Nintendo system! What a joke.

Exactly, rather no one can have it than someone who isn't them. I understand where they're coming from in a sense. But I aim to obtain all the consoles so it won't be much of an issue from me.

Well that was amazingly uninformative.

"We want more people to play our games, so we'll restrict it to one console"

It will probably be ported over within a year anyway.

Why would Nintendo decide to do that?

It won't be ported. Sega dropped it. Other publishers, including as I read Sony and Microsoft, decided not to help bring it back. Nintendo are funding this game. It's a Nintendo exclusive. End of

Why would Nintendo decide to do that?

For the monies. I daresay with all this outcry from other platform owners Sony/Microsoft will be harassing Nintendo for a piece. Which they may not sell for some time, but I think they will in the future.

I've started taking the word "exclusive" with a pinch of salt when it comes to games nowadays.

For the monies. I daresay with all this outcry from other platform owners Sony/Microsoft will be harassing Nintendo for a piece. Which they may not sell for some time, but I think they will in the future.

I don't think this is the sort of thing that happens. Like, ever.

What was the deal when Capcom made those timed exclusives for the GameCube (I think it was five games including Resident Evil 4)? Did Nintendo help with that in any way? Because at least one of them ended up on the PS2.

Anyway, this is good news for fans of Bayonetta and I'm impressed with Nintendo funding something its natural publisher no longer wants to support (if this is the case). I can't understand the mentality of those who are angry, or those who don't buy Nintendo consoles, unless they are little kids (in which case, I'm guessing they shouldn't be playing Bayonetta!) If there is a game you want, buy the console it's on! It's better than the game not being available at all!

Now, we just need Nintendo to fund a new Landstalker, Wonder Boy and Story of Thor!

I completely missed the original for Xbox. In fact I for some reason recall it getting quite negative reviews, both online and from friends. I'll check if I can get it cheaply used.

What was the deal when Capcom made those timed exclusives for the GameCube (I think it was five games including Resident Evil 4)? Did Nintendo help with that in any way? Because at least one of them ended up on the PS2.

I believe that was just like a gentlemen's agreement from Capcom that they'd make 5 games exclusively for Gamecube. I'm not even sure anything official was signed to enshrine the exclusivity (although if it was, it obviously wasn't binding).

With those sorts of games, at most, Nintendo might act as distributor in a certain region (like I believe they distributed RE4 in Europe), but the publisher like Capcom is still the official publisher worldwide.

As far as we can tell with Bayonetta 2, Nintendo is full publisher, and is the one funding it. I think the closest analogy you can make is with something like The Last Story or Fatal Frame 2: Wii Edition. Wholly Nintendo-funded and published games by wholly third party studios. You'll never see either of those games release on another system.

The only slight complication in the case of Bayonetta 2 is that SEGA owns the rights to the Bayonetta name (as per the agreement between Platinum and SEGA when they first started developing Bayonetta all those years ago). That's why they have to be credited in some capacity, but that they've been relegated to an "advisory" role suggests SEGA's name is on there simply because it has to be.

Can't wait for New Super Mario Bros U on 360 next year then, if Nintendo are now porting their own 1st & 2nd party funded games on other consoles!

Can't wait for New Super Mario Bros U on 360 next year then, if Nintendo are now porting their own 1st & 2nd party funded games on other consoles!

It'll be tweaked surely. Super Gianna Sisters obviously.

The pathetic butt hurt rants of PS3 and XBOX fanboys can be heard all over the internet at the moment.

Funny, because if it wasn't for Nintendo this game wouldn't even be being made - it was cancelled by Sega. Nintendo stepped in to publish and fund the development.

It's like these idiots would rather have Bayonetta 2 never come out than to come out on Wii U.

I really hope every Nintendo fan buys this just to make sure it sells better than the first and to help further enrage the fools who are abusing Platinum Games.

Im wondering if these are the same people that bash the first game for being sexist also the first game didnt even sell well on PS3/360. People are acting like it is COD or GTA5 and the IP belongs to them.

Edited by Dante

I completely missed the original for Xbox. In fact I for some reason recall it getting quite negative reviews, both online and from friends. I'll check if I can get it cheaply used.

The 360 version (really the only one that should be played) had a Metacritic score of 90% from 86 reviews... and I can personally say that it's a fantastic game and I even thought so when it was on the test bench back at SEGA.

It's criminal that the first one didn't do better but I really think you have to play it to see why it appeals and why the action system works so well.

As for the people complaining? It's stupid, end of. The games industry is a business, get over it.

I am wondering if Nintendo will work a deal with Platinum/Sega to get the first on the eShop

So it this going to be released on launch? It says that on a couple of sites but I'm not sure if that's just put there because they don't know when it is going to be released yet?

So it this going to be released on launch? It says that on a couple of sites but I'm not sure if that's just put there because they don't know when it is going to be released yet?

I would guess it'll be out September 2013 at the earliest.

I'm all for me being wrong. But I've just got this nagging feeling. :(

Gibbs' Gut style.

My Guts saying if Nintendo are paying for it no matter how much others want it they will NEVER release it on a rival console, its counter productive

What next Halo on the WiiU?

Uncharted on the 360

purely because people don't want to buy a rival console but want the game

dinozzo-head-slap.gif

NO

How many of you gave a shit about this franchise before the sequel was announced as a Nintendo funded exclusive? I'm curious.

Also, Neogaf is a great forum. The sheer number of posters guarantee some idiots will appear, but the general diversity and attitudes of most posters makes for very enjoyable reading.

Edited by Guy

I enjoyed the first game. Other than Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 (new), probably one of the best fighting games I've played.