NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

Once I've got my MM Edition New 3DS XL, I'll trade in my standard 3DS and a couple games and finally pick this (and the first) up.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 Double Pack is currently £34.99 at Argos (order for store collection to save on delivery costs), and for an extra 99p you can chuck in Metroid: Other M! Three (presumably) excellent games for a damn good price! Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident and FIFA 13 for Wii U also available, but who cares?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3257702.htm

Once I've got my MM Edition New 3DS XL, I'll trade in my standard 3DS and a couple games and finally pick this (and the first) up.

So I picked up the double pack, 1&2, after trading in my 3DS, MH3U and Goldeneye for the Wii.

I got MH4U and the Bayonetta double pack for £6 after using some points on my Grainger Games reward card and the trade in.

So I picked up the double pack, 1&2, after trading in my 3DS, MH3U and Goldeneye for the Wii.

I got MH4U and the Bayonetta double pack for £6 after using some points on my Grainger Games reward card and the trade in.

Had since launch, still haven't played through them... Desperate to as well!!! Argh!! So many games!!

You got started yet?

Had since launch, still haven't played through them... Desperate to as well!!! Argh!! So many games!!

You got started yet?

No, I've picked them up today on my lunch break at work. I'll not put them on for some time I guess... I've too many games too.

I've started playing this, loving it so far, same over the top action like in the first game. :D

Also, I have a sealed copy of the second game for sale if anyone is interested? Have an extra copy that I don't need as I also have the double pack, so if interested, just let me know! :)

Just got the Bayonetta 1+2 combo a couple of weeks ago. Beat B2 yesterday evening and played a bit of B1. Such an addictive game. So much stuff to unlock! Although the difficulty is ludicrously uneven throughout the entire thing. I must say that Bayonetta looked way better in B1. Not only is the hair and the costume better, the way she arches her back ALL THE TIME is just terrifyng :P

Been slowly making my way through them since I got them a few months back but really had some hours to put in over the past few days. Here are some thoughts I have about them:

-Bayonetta 2 is a heck of a lot better than 1. I have no interest in going back to get the best medals so it's nice that 2 feels a little more fleshed out in each of its chapters.

-What on earth kind of accent is that kid in #2 supposed to have?

-#2's plot is a great deal clearer and more concise. I had no idea what was going on or where I was supposed to be in the first game but the second is much more straightforward, I'm not just going from old ruin to old ruin without a cause.

-As pretty as they are, I wish there was less cutscenes and more actual gaming. Run for 30 seconds, fight for 30 seconds, cutscene for 5 minutes gets a little tedious.

-I am really enjoying them but personally I can't understand why Bayonetta 2 got quite as much critical love as it did. Maybe I'm not the biggest fan of these types of games

I'm on Act IV on Bayonetta 1 and I'm simply not enjoying the game at all.

The problem is the crap story, crap characters and because of that I've just no care in getting good trophies. If the story and characters were interesting it'd make me want to play the game more concisely and with interest, but because I hate them so much I just can't be bothered trying in battle.

As a result I don't think this is a patch on W101, which had likeable characters and a funny enough story to keep me interested whilst playing.

I think I'm not going to trade both 1 & 2 in without bothering finishing them.

The problem is the crap story, crap characters and because of that I've just no care in getting good trophies. If the story and characters were interesting it'd make me want to play the game more concisely and with interest, but because I hate them so much I just can't be bothered trying in battle.

As a result I don't think this is a patch on W101, which had likeable characters and a funny enough story to keep me interested whilst playing.

I didn't watch a single cut scene in either of the games. I didn't bother with the story.

The gameplay itself was more than enough for me. It's just so damn rewarding and somehow the second game is even better. Honestly, it's probably my favourite game on Wii U just because of how damn Japanese it is :heart:

I didn't watch a single cut scene in either of the games. I didn't bother with the story.

The gameplay itself was more than enough for me. It's just so damn rewarding and somehow the second game is even better. Honestly, it's probably my favourite game on Wii U just because of how damn Japanese it is :heart:

It has a good combat system, that I do agree with, but I really do need to be interested in the game for me to care to play it intently. Because I don't care for the characters and story I'm not driven to play it and concentrate.

I just don't think it's for me.

It has a good combat system, that I do agree with, but I really do need to be interested in the game for me to care to play it intently. Because I don't care for the characters and story I'm not driven to play it and concentrate.

At least start the second game, that's meant to be far superior so at least try it.

Man, it's like the complete opposite of how I felt about The Wonderful 101. Didn't enjoy the gameplay, loved the characters/story.

I totally understand how you feel. It's feeling like a chore, right? That's how I felt while playing W101. While it had an amazing ending, I didn't feel like it was worth all the time it took to get there.

I would suggest you stop if the setting is really making you not enjoy the game that much. And Bayonetta 2, while it's more fun to play, the story is just as stupid. (Which admittingly, is why I like it so much)

FINALLY! Someone else shares my opinion on this overated series! :bowdown:

*hugs Kav*

I reviewed the first one for N-E, then picked up the double pack, but never got further than the first level of Bayonetta 2. Must go back to it at some point, the gameplay was fun, but I too wasn't that bothered by the story/theming of the game.

I am also not very good at it - get the stone award nearly all the time!

*hugs Kav*

I remember passing up on the original on PS3 a couple of years ago when I saw it new for 99p when Xtravision was closing down. I guess that shows how much interest I have in Bayonetta :heh:

The demo of the sequel on Wii U didn't exactly win me over either.. but that was also true of The Wonderful 101!

Started playing this. Because there's basically nothing else available that I haven't already played. It's fine. Not great. The story hasn't wowed me.

100% agree with you on this. I got maybe 6 hours into the first one a while ago and haven't gone back. Seems an incredibly overrated game to me.

*hugs Kav*

Man, I felt the same way too. :heh:

Totes agree on the story. Complete cobblers, and it really hurts it.

So... how many people are gonna end up jumping into Bayo 1 and 2 now, after today's announcement ;)

So... how many people are gonna end up jumping into Bayo 1 and 2 now, after today's announcement ;)

If anything, I now want to play them even less, if that's possible :heh: I find her character strangely irritating, but I'm sure her inclusion in Super Smash Bros will give sales of the games a boost!

If anything, I now want to play them even less, if that's possible :heh: I find her character strangely irritating, but I'm sure her inclusion in Super Smash Bros will give sales of the games a boost!

kHaO6UoYcoC3K.gif

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I've had them since launch, played 1 a bit... Might try and get through them over christmas.