NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

So... @RedShell

Bayo 2 or TW101? Has failed diplomacy been topped?

I mean, I preferred Bayo 1 to TW101 (only barely mind you!), but what about you?

At the very least, I know that there's no way that TW101's ending could possibly be topped though :laughing:

So... @RedShell

Bayo 2 or TW101? Has failed diplomacy been topped?

I mean, I preferred Bayo 1 to TW101 (only barely mind you!), but what about you?

At the very least, I know that there's no way that TW101's ending could possibly be topped though :laughing:

As spectacular as the original Bayonetta is, I think TW101 is on a completely different level when it comes to epic set pieces and OTT action, and I agree with you, I don't think the ending to that game can be topped. :hehe:

So yeah, as far as the finales go I'd rate them like this:

TW101 > Bayonetta > Bayonetta 2.

However, I do prefer the gameplay of Bayonetta/2 to that of TW101.

I'll probably stick the Wii U version of the original Bayonetta on soon, just to see if I can finally see/feel the difference compared to the PS3 ver. :heh:

Perhaps I'll have both running at the same time, and flick between the two. ;)

By the way, (not to put more of a downer on Bayo 2, it's an awesome game, it really is) I think I actually prefer the opening to the original Bayonetta over that of the sequel too. :hmm:

I love the setting/vibe of the prologue stage in Bayo 1, it's got more of a Halloweeny/horror feel to it that works really well, whereas in Bayo 2 it's much more comedic/action movie-esque.

It's a minor issue at the end of the day though, and the most important thing is that both games feature impeccable gameplay. :awesome:

Really interested to see which game you end up liking best, Dcubed. I'm gonna guess it'll still be Bayo 1, but you never know... :)

BTW here is where Nintendo spent all their marketing budget for Bayonetta 2, don't click this if you're at work http://www.playboy.com/galleries/pamela-horton-nintendo-bayonetta/slide-1
That is fucking hilarious! :laughing:

Honey I shrunk the Bayonetta. :heh:

Is it just me, or is this pretty difficult and unforgiving in normal mode?

Now I'm pretty good at games and got through Ninja Gaiden 3 with few problems. This though, getting the Witch Time right, doing the combos - it's pretty tough.

I dropped the difficulty down to Easy, and although that makes the game insanely fun - it takes away almost any challenge and the game just plays itself! What's more, you can't unlock the secret areas in Easy, which is pants. Or at least you have to have beaten them in Normal first.

Still, tough game.

Pussy.......

Can't wait to get stuck into this, haven't played either much more than a dabble so back to back bayonetta!! And I'd be up for tag climax too! Can't wait!

So @RedShell, do you prefer the original overall or just the bookends?

Only just realised I've been missing out on a ton of items in Bayo1 in terms of Moon stones and Broken Hearts, just replayed the first main level and found a Moon piece and had a facepalm moment. I thought there was just very few of those items...I assume there's actually a few in each level?

Also secret areas, Afelhim(sp?) only found like 2 :heh: The last one involved having to take on Grace&Glory limited to 10 punches and 7 kicks....yeah that is IMPOSSIBLE :heh:

So @RedShell, do you prefer the original overall or just the bookends?
Now that's a tough one. :blank:

I'd really need to do more playthroughs of Bayo 2, and to go through the original version again on Wii U, before I could answer that.

It's definitely gonna be very close though. ;)

Now that's a tough one. :blank:

I'd really need to do more playthroughs of Bayo 2, and to go through the original version again on Wii U, before I could answer that.

It's definitely gonna be very close though. ;)

I suppose in the end it's gonna be very tough for anyone to answer that because I bet it feels like they're both two parts of one massive game.

Bit like Golden Sun and The Lost Age in that respect (but not quite to that level of course, since the story is not the focus - but gameplay wise I bet it has a similar feeling to it)

Just been going through the game on 1st Climax difficulty to collect a few missing bits and pieces. Have now done all of the Muspelheim challenges and collected every Umbran Crow, apart from one, which is in a really annoying place quite late into a chapter. And what's worse, it doesn't seem to return to its spot if you miss it. :shakehead

Also been messing around with the extra costumes. The Nintendo themed ones are so awesome! :awesome:

I really love using the laser on the Star Fox outfit. :D Dat sound. :yay:

It produces some sweet lighting effects too, 'tis seriously cool!

By the way, remember this?:

http://n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1707172&postcount=295

I'm now convinced this is the reason why Bayo 2 is rated PEGI 16, and the original is 18.

The game features the same level of profanity, violence/gore and sexual stuff as Bayo 1, but does not include that particular enemy or torture attack. ;)

Finally got round to playing this bad boy yesterday. Chose Bayonetta 1 first..

Oh man. The game is perfect <3

Has anyone not received their copy from GAME? I payed for my first print edition the day it was up for pre order and despite them claiming it was shipped on the 21st I still haven't received it and I'm getting worried now :(

Has anyone not received their copy from GAME? I payed for my first print edition the day it was up for pre order and despite them claiming it was shipped on the 21st I still haven't received it and I'm getting worried now :(

Trouble with GAME? There's a first. Dirty rotten b@st@rds!

How long do UK residents have to wait for a refund? I had to wait 45 days, said I was "international", even though I'm in the EU and only across the pond.

Hopefully it turns up. 21st - 28th, doesn't look good though.

Edited by Wii
missing word = days

NEVER order from Game, stuff goes "missing" all the time and they won't refund until their couriers confirm the package has been lost. Meanwhile, they sit on your money for 3 months earning interest and you're left both our of pocket and gameless.

Just finished Bayonetta 1. Great game. Though I did seem to get mostly Stone awards for the chapters. I just can't always get the timing right for dodging, and sometimes when I fail, I end up losing half my health.

Then

The turrets. What the hell? That was the one downer on this game. Yikes that was awful.

Still, a good game. I may go back into it to attempt to Platinum everything, but onto Bayonetta 2 next!

Just played a couple of Tag Climax games with @S\.C\.G. Good fun. icon14.gif Hectic as you like, but fun. :D

It's got a pretty weird scoring system though, I mean how did I win overall, if I lost the majority of those verse cards? :blank:

Just played a couple of Tag Climax games with @S\.C\.G. Good fun. icon14.gif Hectic as you like, but fun. :D

It's got a pretty weird scoring system though, I mean how did I win overall, if I lost the majority of those verse cards? :blank:

It was fun indeed! :)

The invite system seems a bit hit and miss as the first time I got one from you I was finishing off a chapter then when actually in Tag Climax mode it seemed to take a couple of attempts but once we were in that was it, the madness commenced! :D

Yeah the scoring system is certainly odd but I think it ultimately depends on how many halos you earned overall regardless of how many battles you won, still though I like that it's co-op but with a bit of friendly competition as well. : peace:

I think me betting loads of Halo's on the fourth mission in was a mistake though, I didn't realise the enemies would hit that hard! :shakehead Another thing I wondered... when one of you 'dies' I think there might be a chance to revive the other player but I'm not entirely sure, it might just be that the countdown then means that the other player has to finish the scenario extra quick, will have to investigate that but I thought for a first run we did pretty well at least. :smile:

Another thing I wondered... when one of you 'dies' I think there might be a chance to revive the other player but I'm not entirely sure, it might just be that the countdown then means that the other player has to finish the scenario extra quick, will have to investigate that but I thought for a first run we did pretty well at least. :smile:
Yeah, it is possible to revive your co-op partner, and believe me I was really trying to help you out on that one verse, but I kept getting my ass kicked! :shakehead

Sorry about that. :hehe:

Not sure if it's possible to clear the verse quickly without saving a partner, but clearly if one player dies, then it's game over!

Haha no problem Red, I could see that you were trying, I shouldn't have bet so many halos on that verse but at least now I know for next time. :heh:

It's a really excellent additional mode to an already amazing game, very much the cherry on top of an already very well iced cake with multiple tiers that shall surely never be toppled. : peace:

IMG_0390.jpg

Well my First Print Edition arrived yesterday. Did an unboxing for those interested.

Time to actually play these two games now. Which knowing me won't be for a while. I still haven't played my copy of Wonderful 101.

My games have finally been dispatched today. Only a week late and now I'll wait another 2 weeks for delivery. Top notch customer service. Live and learn.

Finished 1 last night and it was every bit as good as I remebered I would score it a rare 10/10

Just about to start 2, which difficulty should I go for ? which is closest to normal difficulty on Bayonetta 2 compaired to 1 ?

Still haven't received my first print from game.co.uk

Did anyone else ?

Just got started on this after finishing the first yesterday.

Actually getting medals that aren't stone...so far :p

Visually, though, the game is stunning. The first one looked good, but had the "next gen" filter last gen had. Everything was somewhat brown and not filled with colour. This, on the other hand...gorgeous.

Just got started on this after finishing the first yesterday.

Actually getting medals that aren't stone...so far :p

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm thinking Bayo 2 is actually a bit easier than the original now.

I seem to remember having a much tougher time playing through the first game, anyway. :blank:

But yeah, I've now completed Bayo 2 on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Climax, and never really had much trouble. (I'm pretty sure ∞Climax is gonna be a very different story though :heh:).

Speaking of 3rd Climax, the weapon you unlock for beating that difficulty is awesome! ;)

Visually, though, the game is stunning. The first one looked good, but had the "next gen" filter last gen had. Everything was somewhat brown and not filled with colour. This, on the other hand...gorgeous.
Indeed. The game is not only impressive on a technical level, but it has such an incredible art style too, and that's a great combination. icon14.gif

I've already spent quite some time in the gallery, checking out all of the concept art and character models. The angel designs in particular are astonishingly good. :awesome:

Have now spent some time playing the original Bayonetta on Wii U...

Oh dear. :blank:

Yeah, going back to Bayo 1 from the sequel was not a pleasant experience at all. :hmm:

And despite it being the definitive version of the original game, it simply pales in comparison to Bayo 2.

There are still definitely aspects of the first game that I prefer to the 2nd, but from a technical perspective it's massively inferior.

Worst of all has to be the frame rate, it's all over the shop! I analyzed some of my own gameplay footage, and one moment it's running at 60 fps, then suddenly around 30. Hell, it even dipped to 11 at one point!! :o

Also, I'd forgotten all about those instadeath QTEs... absolutely infuriating. :shakehead

Kind of regret getting the special edition now, wish I'd just bought Bayo 2 on its own. Oh well. ::shrug:

Anyway, looks like it wasn't that close, or a tough choice in the end. I can now definitely say that overall, Bayonetta 2 is the better game. :awesome: