NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

I'd say Wonderful 101 is the closest thing. Anyone that doesn't enjoy the gameplay in that, probably won't enjoy Bayonetta 1/2.

It's the closest thing on Wii U, but I wouldn't necessarily say that you'd enjoy/wouldn't enjoy Bayo 1 & 2 if you liked/didn't like TW101.

They share a lot in common in terms of structure and overall game design, but the actual core mechanics are very different.

In particular, if you found yourself getting annoyed and frustrated at the platforming elements in TW101 with the sometimes misleading camera perspective, that doesn't apply to Bayonetta for instance. Or if you found yourself getting frustrated at having to swap weapon types or keep track of hundreds of characters, again, that doesn't apply to Bayonetta. And TW101 is fundamentally a much more complex game than Bayo 1, with a much steeper learning curve (except for maybe some people who aren't accustomed to using a 2nd stick to control the camera) and a very foreign and unique control scheme. If you were turned off by TW101's controls, Bayo's control scheme is much more traditional in comparison.

Even Viewtiful Joe is probably closer to Bayonetta than TW101 (though of course both games feature elements that directly get re-invented in TW101 ;) )

Really, I can't recommend Bayonetta enough. It's the epitome of the action game genre and my absolute favourite non-Wii/DS game of the last generation! :D

Edited by Dcubed

I'd say Wonderful 101 is the closest thing. Anyone that doesn't enjoy the gameplay in that, probably won't enjoy Bayonetta 1/2.

Nah, it's actually like Ninja Gaiden 3 (which is a very good, but difficult game). Bayonetta 2 deserves the support of all Nintendo fans. Give it a chance!

I haven't played any of the above mentioned games so I guess that's a sign that this game is not for me (sad face)

I wouldn't even bother comparing it to other games as it's so unique. It's a fantastic (REALLY fantastic) video game, with a lot of style and with a truly brilliant fighting mechanic. It's influenced by other games but it takes them to another level.

The only thing it's comparable to is sex. Really, really good sex. The type of sex that you want to have again straight away so you can beat your score.

Funnily enough I wasn't a fan of TW101 at all as I just didn't get on with the controls. That said, the sense of humour in that game...

:yay:

Out of support I intend to buy this one on launch, as opposed to waiting until I actually have a Wii U to play it on. I want the special edition, I love a good collector´s edition when it´s done well, but the first press edition (is the special edition also not first print?) is not a good example of a collector´s edition in my opinion, so I´ll stick with the cheaper special edition. However. I seem unable to find either the special or first press edition in Dutch webshops. I sent Nintendo an e-mail, but I suspect I´ll be importing from Amazon again, where the special edition is actually cheaper than the normal edition is here at our "local Amazon".

Anyway.. After looking at the page on the Nintendo website.. I just noticed: Bayonetta 1 has a Pegi rating of 18, while 2 has a rating of 16. I don´t know if the UK rating has changed. So ehm, what will we be missing out on? :p

I ask this a lot, and it's been answered, but I keep forgetting.

Is it worth playing through the first before the second, or will that take some shine away from the second one? (Why didn't the let us play through the first 6 months before the sequel....?)

Is it worth playing through the first before the second, or will that take some shine away from the second one? (Why didn't the let us play through the first 6 months before the sequel....?)

I don't really understand why you would want to play the sequel before the original game.

I'm playing the original and then Bayo 2 as I have never played the original before.

Bayo 2 will assume that you've played the first one, so you absolutely should play Bayo 1 first.

Besides, it's an amazing game! You really should play it anyway!

Fnac.com (French site) seems to have the first print edition in stock at the moment, and they do post to Australia. Does anyone here have any experience with using this particular site?

So, Bayonetta's Star Fox costume comes with Arwing guns with keychains on them:

oXbiBsK.png

Been pumped for this for quite a while, never got a chance to play the original. Looks like its kinda similar to the Devil May Cry series and that can only be good. Only question is to get this or Hyrule Warriors because I unfortunately won't be able to get both for a while.

Been pumped for this for quite a while, never got a chance to play the original. Looks like its kinda similar to the Devil May Cry series and that can only be good. Only question is to get this or Hyrule Warriors because I unfortunately won't be able to get both for a while.

Make it this one! Honestly, the gameplay is just fantastic in the Bayonetta games. It's on another level to games like Dynasty Warriors. Do eeeet.

So, Bayonetta's Star Fox costume comes with Arwing guns with keychains on them:

oXbiBsK.png

Reason enough for using the costume right there! I hope she summons the Great Fox, similar to Bowsers hand when she's in Peach/Daisy costume :D

Well there's a reason for that...

... and that's because it's made by the same people who made the first Devil May Cry game!

Easiest way to describe the gameplay is that it's like what would happen if Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe had a baby.

The first game is an absolute masterpiece and the sequel looks like it might be even better. If you absolutely can't get this AND Hyrule Warriors, then picking Bayo 1&2 over HW is an absolute no brainer (and I say that as a massive Zelda fan!)

Famitsu have given Bayonetta 2 a score of 38/40. Individual scores are 10/9/10/9.

Amazon orders of the standard edition which said they included the first Bayonetta have been upgraded to the special edition :)

Amazon orders of the standard edition which said they included the first Bayonetta have been upgraded to the special edition :)

YES BABY :D

I love Amazon right now :heart:

Yeah just got the change too. Lucky as I thought I'd canceled it after my last email. Great news. £62 for Hyrule, and the two bayonettas... Bargain!

...Easiest way to describe the gameplay is that it's like what would happen if Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe had a baby...

Ok. This quote right here, this is what has made up my mind completely... definite purchase.

Unfortunately, they cancelled my order last week.

Still, I feel safer with ShopTo as I'll be playing the first game for Extra Life, so it arriving on time will be quite important. I've found Amazon to be unreliable since they've started using couriers for smaller items instead of Royal Mail.

Ok. This quote right here, this is what has made up my mind completely... definite purchase.

This is my most anticipated game of the year! Get the double pack, play through both.

Amazon have upgraded me to the double pack too which is nice of them. It was a genuine mistake made because of how it was announced by NoA and not NoE.

Good to hear. You're in for a treat ;)

I remember the first time I played Bayonetta on the 360..Spent the first 2 hours thinking it was good but not 'great' and then once everything clicked I was just completely hooked. I still can't believe how incredible that game is...simply outstanding.

Good to hear. You're in for a treat ;)

I remember the first time I played Bayonetta on the 360..Spent the first 2 hours thinking it was good but not 'great' and then once everything clicked I was just completely hooked. I still can't believe how incredible that game is...simply outstanding.

Although I'm definitely going to play through Bayonetta 2 first, I'm still looking forward checking out the Wii U version of the original. Especially as I've only played the PS3 version (apparently an awful port of the 360 game) which other than some pretty bad screen tearing I actually thought was fine. ::shrug:

But anyway, the smoother frame rate + Nintendo costumes should make replaying it even more awesome. :yay:

Although I'm definitely going to play through Bayonetta 2 first, I'm still looking forward checking out the Wii U version of the original. Especially as I've only played the PS3 version (apparently an awful port of the 360 game) which other than some pretty bad screen tearing I actually thought was fine. ::shrug:

But anyway, the smoother frame rate + Nintendo costumes should make replaying it even more awesome. :yay:

The stylus controls will be fun to play around with too ;)