NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

I loved the gameplay in the first one, I would be happy with more of the same or even better! :D

I see where you're coming from O_W and while I don't agree (Hey I enjoy Fly me to the Moon) if they made the changes you mention I couldn't complain.

I'm personally not bothered by the ranking scenes after each segmented fight or all of the cutscenes. On the first playthrough I just watched them. If I play now, I just skip them, not even a minor annoyance.

I wouldn't change Bayonetta at all. Go play DmC if you want something different I say.

It's like me asking to put guns in a Zelda game.

I wouldn't change Bayonetta at all. Go play DmC if you want something different I say.

It's like me asking to put guns in a Zelda game.

No it's not. Asking for a less intrusive approach isn't a radical change at all.

Besides, the first game was already pretty darn perfect, there's no real room for improvement, so it's pretty much a clean choice between either letting the IP sequel itself into irrelevance for lack of innovations (like most other IPs out there) or tinkering with the formula a bit. I never understood this mentality in the gaming community of wanting sequels that are pretty much the same game with minor fixes/improvements and a different setting... if a certain IP has peaked, either change it or let it die. Or at the very least wait at least 5 years before you release a samey sequel.

And you seem to be convinced I want AAA crap, by your replies. I hate DmC. It's exactly the opposite of what I want. I want something tastefully done, not generic crap.

DmC was a fun but generic re-imagining of a series that had a certain style already. And in fact DMC proper is a FANTASTIC example of what O_W is talking about. Each iteration changes the formula, changes the setting and keeps the same deep combat...excluding DMC2 and DmC. DMC2 was a turd, it changed too much from DMC. In it's defense though a lot of the ideas from DMC2 were fully realized in DMC3 with the addition of styles, 6 different styles that fundamentally changes how to approach a battle, and tons of different weapons. DMC4 threw in Nero, the Devil Bringer and Exceed gauge. Doesn't change combat entirely but it's a tweak it makes the game new and different. Plus, Playing as Dante and having styles mapped to D-Pad is fantastic.

DmC is like the ugly love child between Heavenly Sword and DMC. It's fresh for DMC, but not really new.

So far Bayonetta 2 doesn't seem to exhibit any tweaks beyond shorter hair....which is purely a design.

No it's not. Asking for a less intrusive approach isn't a radical change at all.

Besides, the first game was already pretty darn perfect, there's no real room for improvement, so it's pretty much a clean choice between either letting the IP sequel itself into irrelevance for lack of innovations (like most other IPs out there) or tinkering with the formula a bit. I never understood this mentality in the gaming community of wanting sequels that are pretty much the same game with minor fixes/improvements and a different setting... if a certain IP has peaked, either change it or let it die. Or at the very least wait at least 5 years before you release a samey sequel.

And you seem to be convinced I want AAA crap, by your replies. I hate DmC. It's exactly the opposite of what I want. I want something tastefully done, not generic crap.

I want Bayonetta 2 to do what DMC3 did to DMC1. But if it doesn't well...

Frankly, with certain games, you just can't change perfection. You can only attempt to improve on it. You'd be stupid to try to change things when something works.

I want the tone of the game to remain EXACTLY how it is.

Couldn't give a scrotum what they do with the story. I want it to be crazy. I want her to be ridiculous. I want everything to be over the top because that's why I still play video games.

If you call that generic, then please, look at what's the current best selling games at the moment. Shooting shooting and more shooting.

Bayonetta is super dumb, ultra sexy and ridiculously fun. I can see how the cut scenes and presentation aren't for everyone, but I personally think the entire package is what really elevates the original to be so great. It's just a game you can tell the creators must have had an absolute ball putting together.

I'd say 2 player support is a pretty great justification for a sequel, aside the fact people are super hungry for more of whatever they thought made the original great.

Buy weapons and abilities in Bayonetta 2 through the eShop

Nintendo has confirmed one additional detail about Bayonetta 2.

The game will have some functionality tied into the Wii U eShop. In the final game, players will be able to purchase weapons and abilities through the store.

More information about this feature will be shared in the future.

http://nintendoeverything.com/126009/buy-weapons-and-abilities-in-bayonetta-2-through-the-eshop/

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/12/bayonetta-2-producer-laments-requests-for-ports

Bayonetta 2 Producer Laments Requests For Ports

Bayonetta 2 developer Platinum Games has acknowledged fan requests for the game to go multiplatform, and says it wishes people would stop asking.

Taking to Twitter, producer JP Kellams explained that the year since the game was announced as a Wii U exclusive has seen the team besieged by requests for PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

@PG_jp

I hate posting anything Bayonetta 2 on our Facebook. Not because I hate Bayonetta 2, but because I hate the pedantic port-begging.

@PG_jp

It's been over a year since we announced. We heard you. We get it. We are just happy that we get to make Bayonetta 2 for the patient fans.

Though fans have been fairly insistent that Platinum rethinks the exclusivity situation, the developer has explained on more than one occasion that the circumstances surrounding the sequel's development means this is unlikely to happen. The studio has even had to bat away requests for another of its projects, The Wonderful 101, to become multiplatform, so you can understand his frustration.

Do people still not get that Nintendo are funding the game and it likely wouldn't exsist without them having stepped in?

Or is this just a random guess on Zavvi's side?
Yeah, that's a random guess for sure, and a pretty bad one too as the 5th is a Sunday. :heh:

If there's a post-Christmas bargain for the Premium Wii U I'm so jumping on board just for this game (and 3D World)

The voice acting is so painfully bad, i don't think i could play that if there's isn't a japanese voice option

It looke prety awesome the game, the voice acting as cheesey as i'd imagined it would be, but its not really like i play this sort of game for the story

It's not about wanting a good story, I actually think the story will be superbly surreal... It's just so grating to my ears I literally couldn't put up with it... Did Bayonetta 1 have a japanese language option? I have a memory it did!

You know, she actually looks somewhat like Cammie Dunaway.

She also looks a little like Sarah Palin though obviously no where near as intelligent. ;)

Your welcome :laughing:

Japan is getting Bayonetta 2 in the Summer(June 1st-31st August) so no danger that this game will slip into next year in Europe. Nice to know.

You might not like IGN's Rewind videos, but it's great to get a chance to watch this trailer in slow motion!

It all run's so smooth and the animation is great... when you can actually see it happening :p

There's a 60fps video here, tho you have to use HTML5 to enable 2x speed playback.

(I found it only worked when i clicked the link in the description to the fullscreen version...)