NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

Developer Direct.

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

Watch -

This does look magnificent. This exactly the kind of partnership Nintendo needs to forge. With all that money they have in the bank they should be doing more like this, or at least forming partnerships like they had in the GC era where Namco did StarFox and Sega did F-Zero.

It's a visual pleaser. This and Xenoblade 2 take top spots in this regard. Never played the first Bayonetta but I'll certainly keep an eye on this going forward. Thing is though, both these games are way off in the future in terms of release.

This will be the best game on the WiiU and this thread is right down here.

You guys do realise that this is the sequel to The Greatest Action Game Of All Time™?

And because it's a WiiU exclusive, no other company can boast this.

Fanboy meltdowns in threads lasting 20,000 pages have happened.

Wars have started.

The Earth cracked upon this announcement.

Do you guys not know the gravity of the situation you are in?

Think about it for a moment.

Sooo why's she got shorter hair now? I thought it was her source of power :confused:

Sooo why's she got shorter hair now? I thought it was her source of power :confused:

Her hair grows at the back of her head just like Jeanne does in the first game.

azwxz4.gif

I've heard some people saying it might grow as the story progresses since her hair was kinda important in the first game. Probably something like an in-game power up (Now that you have long hair you can beat this boss!)

Either way, I love her new design.

shut up, it's kawaii.

I'm expecting this to be just more of the same, to be honest, and that's not enough to make me want it, for now.

Also, Platinum games really need to get some new creatives on their team... How can games with such incredible gameplay as Bayonetta or Vanquish be so incredibly dull and generic in every other aspect? Vanquish is probably the best TPS I've ever played, from a gameplay perspective, and Bayonetta is the second best H&S (after Ninja Gaiden), but it's such a fucking waste that Platinum decides to go the ironically cheesy way in all of their games instead of actually making them interesting! They could be the best devs around if they actually tried to do things right, for once... This whole corny on purpose thing is getting old very very fast.

I'm expecting this to be just more of the same, to be honest, and that's not enough to make me want it, for now.

Also, Platinum games really need to get some new creatives on their team... How can games with such incredible gameplay as Bayonetta or Vanquish be so incredibly dull and generic in every other aspect? Vanquish is probably the best TPS I've ever played, from a gameplay perspective, and Bayonetta is the second best H&S (after Ninja Gaiden), but it's such a fucking waste that Platinum decides to go the ironically cheesy way in all of their games instead of actually making them interesting! They could be the best devs around if they actually tried to do things right, for once... This whole corny on purpose thing is getting old very very fast.

Do you think The Wonderful 101 is dull and generic in any aspect?

Do you think The Wonderful 101 is dull and generic in any aspect?

Nah, I hold high hopes for that one, I see alot of that Viewtiful Joe charm in it. :D

But Vanquish, Bayonetta and MadWorld certainly are. They all play great and look good... but that's about it. The weird thing is we know what happens when they take a project seriously (Okami), and it's not that I don't appreciate their over the top gems (let's not forget God Hand), it's just that it's a bit sad seeing them waste their talent on such unanambitious projects when they could be blowing everyone else out of the water. Gameplay is the most important part of games, and nobody can rival Platinum's mastery in that regard... now imagine what would happen if they actually made a game without trying to be all meta and ironic about it!

Here's IGN playing the demo:

Slaughtering angels on a fighter jet by spanking them into guillotines? Fuuuuck yes.

Also, it seems this game has some sort of co-op mode as well.

Edited by Ville

Nah, I hold high hopes for that one, I see alot of that Viewtiful Joe charm in it. :D

But Vanquish, Bayonetta and MadWorld certainly are. They all play great and look good... but that's about it. The weird thing is we know what happens when they take a project seriously (Okami), and it's not that I don't appreciate their over the top gems (let's not forget God Hand), it's just that it's a bit sad seeing them waste their talent on such unanambitious projects when they could be blowing everyone else out of the water. Gameplay is the most important part of games, and nobody can rival Platinum's mastery in that regard... now imagine what would happen if they actually made a game without trying to be all meta and ironic about it!

needs more emotional shooty dudebro dog getting killed ellen page bang bang right

needs more emotional shooty dudebro dog getting killed ellen page bang bang right

Not really, it just needs less "LOOK HOW CORNY EVERYTHING IS!!!! WE'RE IRONIC!!!" It needs to stop being annoying and corny 100% of the time, and Bayonetta specifically needs to stop constantly breaking up the action with score screens and nonstop cutscenes. Platinum needs to learn that less is more, letting the players just explore the game's limitations and world on their own is always preferable to constantly reminding them "THIS IS A VIDEOGAME SO EVERYTHING MUST CONSTANTLY BE SEGMENTED, CORNY AND SCORED". It's like they devote themselves to making games that you're ashamed to have people walking in on...

If they were being genuine I'd have no problem with their over the top style, it's the fact that it's all being done sarcastically that bothers me. We get it... you're the cool hipster kids, how about moving the fuck on? No matter how good they are, if they just keep doing the same thing over and over and over again they'll get nowhere.

If it's easier for you to pretend that I'm asking for AAA bullshit in order to look down on me, by all means, go ahead... but that's the opposite of what I want.

Not really, it just needs less "LOOK HOW CORNY EVERYTHING IS!!!! WE'RE IRONIC!!!" It needs to stop being annoying and corny 100% of the time, and Bayonetta specifically needs to stop constantly breaking up the action with score screens and nonstop cutscenes. Platinum needs to learn that less is more, letting the players just explore the game's limitations and world on their own is always preferable to constantly reminding them "THIS IS A VIDEOGAME SO EVERYTHING MUST CONSTANTLY BE SEGMENTED, CORNY AND SCORED". It's like they devote themselves to making games that you're ashamed to have people walking in on...

If they were being genuine I'd have no problem with their over the top style, it's the fact that it's all being done sarcastically that bothers me. We get it... you're the cool hipster kids, how about moving the fuck on? No matter how good they are, if they just keep doing the same thing over and over and over again they'll get nowhere.

If it's easier for you to pretend that I'm asking for AAA bullshit in order to look down on me, by all means, go ahead... but that's the opposite of what I want.

What you're asking for is so specific and matters so little in the context of a video game that you will never see it realised.

Gameplay is king, and as long as they make the best action games available, they ain't going nowhere.

Hahaha quoted for truth!

The random madness of Bayonetta stages and enemies almost takes me back to the crazy designs of some 8-bit games!

What I like about Bayonetta:

1) It doesn't take itself too seriously.

2) It's about a witch fighting angels, not demons as every other game on the market.

3) It's fast-paced and very fun to play, as there are a lot of different attacks, finishing moves and also countering.

4) The bosses are just ridiculous.

5) Fanservice never hurts, am I right?

What you're asking for is so specific and matters so little in the context of a video game that you will never see it realised.

Gameplay is king, and as long as they make the best action games available, they ain't going nowhere.

Specific? Oo C'mon, I don't think asking for them to stop going 100% over the top and corny all the time is that specific, or demanding.

Gameplay is king, very true... but it wouldn't hurt if the rest was at the very least non-intrusive. It's incredibly fucking annoying, as it stands. And it constantly breaks the flow of the game! It's a great game full of very very stupid decisions, basically.

What I like about Bayonetta:

1) It doesn't take itself too seriously.

2) It's about a witch fighting angels, not demons as every other game on the market.

3) It's fast-paced and very fun to play, as there are a lot of different attacks, finishing moves and also countering.

4) The bosses are just ridiculous.

5) Fanservice never hurts, am I right?

1 - "too seriously" is a stretch, it doesn't take itself seriously at all. The entirety of the game is an excercise in ridiculous absurdity. :D

2 - Aye, that was a nice touch.

3 - I agree, but the "fun to play" part needs an asterisk. It's fun to play... except they keep constantly interrupting the game's flow with inane cutscenes... I think it hurts the game. Alot. Get rid of the segmentation and CONSTANT cutscenes and interruptions/score screens and I'm all in for B2. If it stays the same as 1, that makes it irrelevant for me, more of the same is never what I want.

4 - Yep, fucking awesome bosses. Although I would get rid of the QTEs. Sick of them.

5 - It does. It makes the game borderline unbearable for me. That and the fucking soundtrack! 30% of it is incredibly good, but the other 70% constitutes the single worst soundtrack for anything in the history of time, imo. The catch being I couldn't turn it off or I'd risk losing those ocasional 30% of sheer brilliance.

I mean, how can

be in the same game as this:

It boggles the fucking mind.

You want to know what I REALLY like about Bayonetta? The gameplay. Everything else could be switched and I honestly wouldn't care at all. The gameplay alone is enough to make it one of the best H&S games I've ever played, but when everything else is just so bad, it breaks my fucking heart.