NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

I played it and loved it......at a friends house, its still on my list of games to buy when ive finished others

How many of you gave a shit about this franchise before the sequel was announced as a Nintendo funded exclusive? I'm curious.
Always thought it looked great, but didn't have a PS3 until the beginning of this year so!

Even despite this I kept an interest in it and watched video reviews etc...

Edited by Retro_Link

How many of you gave a shit about this franchise before the sequel was announced as a Nintendo funded exclusive? I'm curious.

Bought the limited edition on release. Completed it before they patched out the issues on ps3 on normal. Loved it. Still play it in fact when I have time. Reminds me of the best bits of the DMC series (before DmC of course) as it should.

Some of us do own multiple consoles you know ;) I'm a huge Platinum Games/Clover Studios fan and I've played and loved all of their games (except Vanquish - just not my cup of tea. Seems not even they can make me enjoy a 3rd person cover shooter :( )

I was devastated when I heard that Bayo 2 got cancelled. Never in a million years did I expect to see it get revived (let alone by Nintendo!)

Not only is it good to see it come back, but I think the focus on a single console ( instead of having it being multiplatform) will actually benefit the game's development. They'll be able to focus on the game design itself, rather than waste dev time ensuring that it runs on multiple consoles - plus they're no longer forced to add Achivements if they don't want to and they can choose to take advantage of the Wii U Gamepad too! (if not for anything special in terms of gameplay, than just simply for off TV play)

Quite simply, I couldn't be happier about it! :D Here's hoping that this game (and The WOOO) leads to a long and stable partnership between Nintendo & Platinum! (cause let's face it, who else would be willing to publish their titles?)

While I'm sure the lack of achievements/trophies will somehow improve the sequel, the PlayStation 3 version of the first game was handled by a different developer, so they were focused on just one version back then too. :p

While I'm sure the lack of achievements/trophies will somehow improve the sequel, the PlayStation 3 version of the first game was handled by a different developer, so they were focused on just one version back then too. :p

Precisely my point. The best games that these guys had made ( be it at Capcom or Clover/Platinum) are the ones that they were allowed to tailor make to a specific console. The likes of DMC1, VJ, RE4, Bayonetta, God Hand and Okami are as good as they are, partially because they were able to focus on getting the most out of one specific piece of hardware and one specific controller.

BTW saw this earlier, it's a good laugh :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

While I'm sure the lack of achievements/trophies will somehow improve the sequel

I hope so. Will give the developers something worthwhile with their time instead of creating bullshit achievements.

I hope so. Will give the developers something worthwhile with their time instead of creating bullshit achievements.

There are usually two kind of achievements

- Completing the game/grinding which doesn't exactly take much time from development.

- Unique achievements that suggest new ways to play the game, or cool things/Easter eggs that you may not know you can do. These are usually fun and add to the game.

Maybe they'll do a Sakurai style achievement system. I'm surprised it hasn't been widely copied yet.

The more you play of the game the more use you can get out of the touch screen for other things :blush:

Me for one, it was my real first game I 1000/1000 and then continued on to almost complete every possible thing in the game including unlocking all the other characters.

Also, Neogaf is a great forum. The sheer number of posters guarantee some idiots will appear, but the general diversity and attitudes of most posters makes for very enjoyable reading.

I see down syndrome people type better then 99% of posters on Neogaf

Edited by killer kirby

There are usually two kind of achievements

- Completing the game/grinding which doesn't exactly take much time from development.

- Unique achievements that suggest new ways to play the game, or cool things/Easter eggs that you may not know you can do. These are usually fun and add to the game.

Shit along the lines of "smash 20 vases using this weapon in under a minute" is hardly adding a new layer of gameplay.

But taunting an enemy then defeating it without taking any damage at all is fun.

I had never heard of the first Bayonetta game before Thursday, despite owning and using both PS3 and Xbox 360.

But I am happy for the ones that liked the first game, that will now get to play the sequel.

I am happy for Nintendo, securing an exclusive title, and for expanding its customer base.

And I am extremely amused at the degree of rage (1, 2) many people express because this one is Nintendo exclusive. At the same time, I feel sorry for these people. This is a new low for two groups of people I less and less associate myself with, 'gamers' and 'internet users'. I do not fit in well with the binary way of thought most people in these groups express whilst online.

Edited by are1981

This is frankly a little insulting. Regardless of which counsels I own I've always paid attention to exclusive franchises whether or not I could play them. I can't speak for everyone, but I doubt I'm the only one.

She'd need to keep her clothes on, though.

And then what would be the point!

Clothes? Last time I checked she doesn't wear any in the first game.

Now if only she had a haircut.

Also, Neogaf is a great forum. The sheer number of posters guarantee some idiots will appear, but the general diversity and attitudes of most posters makes for very enjoyable reading.

Exactly. As long as there are Nintendo fans who appreciate and take notice of the kind of non Nintendo game they continuesly beg for, then the rage we see isn't warranted.

Further more it is truly amusing to see a forum with about 15 regular users making fun of one of the biggest gaming forums around. Do you guys limit yourself to the usual console war fanboy threads on there?

I actually quite enjoy reading NeoGaf. I find the discussions on there quite interesting and to the point.

If people want to see morons, please go to N4G and see the idiotic comments on there.

The Verge - 'Bayonetta 2' would not exist without Nintendo, says Platinum Games

"Would Bayonetta 2 not exist without Nintendo? The answer is yes," says Atsushi Inaba, executive director at Platinum Games. He tells Polygon that Nintendo, the sequel's publisher, was a key partner in getting the game made.

"We are not viewing this as a change of platform," Inaba told Polygon in an interview at Tokyo Game Show. "We were looking for a partner to create Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo was a strong, cooperative partner that was willing to create and grow Bayonetta 2 together [with us]. As a result the platform became the Wii U."

In the wake of Bayonetta 2's announcement as an exclusive for the Wii U, some fans vocalized their displeasure, hoping that the sequel would be released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 like the original Bayonetta. Developers at Platinum Games said in a series of statements this week that it does not want to alienate its fans.

Sega was responsible for publishing the original Bayonetta, but the company has since scaled back on the number of titles it publishes. Platinum Games and Sega's most recent collaboration, Anarchy Reigns, has not been published outside of Japan, a source of frustration for Inaba. He says he still doesn't know when Anarchy Reigns will be released overseas, as Sega has not offered him an update.

Regardless of the change of platform from PS3 and Xbox 360 to Wii U, Inaba says it won't impact Bayonetta 2's core gameplay.

"We create the basic framework of our games on the PC, so even though the hardware changes it doesn't influence the creation of our games. We've already developed our own engine to work with multiple platforms.

"Because of the Wii U GamePad, we are putting extra thought into how to use these differentiating features," Inaba said. "There's a difference in the game design side, but we are enjoying the challenges of creating games for new hardware."

Nintendo and Platinum Games haven't revealed much about Bayonetta 2, releasing only a short teaser trailer. The trailer echoes the teaser of the original Bayonetta with a few key differences: a crescent moon replaces the full moon, red tones are replaced by blues, and Bayonetta's enemy now rebuffs her attacks, implying a more formidable foe. Inaba explains why the developer chose to release a nearly identical trailer for the sequel.

"Toward the end of development of Bayonetta, I was talking with Kamiya-san and Hashimoto-san, and they said 'If Bayonetta 2 ever happens, we want the teaser trailer to be the same as [the first] Bayonetta,'" he said. "We wanted to make it the same because Bayonetta is a title that has been loved by many people and we wanted fans to say 'Oh! Bayonetta's back again!'"

Inaba wouldn't offer details on what's coming in the sequel, instead asking fans to speculate about what they've shown so far.

"All of the new things you see in the trailer, we can't talk about at all at this point. We're leaving it up to your imagination."

And here is Kotaku article titled "Actually, It is Kinda B.S. That Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U Exclusive". ::shrug:

The Verge - 'Bayonetta 2' would not exist without Nintendo, says Platinum Games

And here is Kotaku article titled "Actually, It is Kinda B.S. That Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U Exclusive". ::shrug:

Seeing this article over on Kotaku doesn't surprise me at all. If there are two places on the internet where the communities are infested with dickheads it's N4G and Kotaku. At the former it's all Sony fanboys and at the later you're not part of the in crowd if you don't hate Nintendo.

It doesn't make any sense? You have to buy anew console to play new games shocker. Will they complain people will have to buy a playstation 4 to play uncharted 4? No. Utter, utter, utter, utter, utter cunts!

But what if Sony threw away Naughty Dog, no other publisher would take Uncharted 4 and so Nintendo stepped in to save the game?