NEurope
Retro_Link

Bayonetta 2

When this popped up in the showreel I was blown away. Very very happy when this was announced. It was only a week or so ago I was lamenting that Madworld on the Wii didn't play like Bayonetta, now we get Bayonetta 2 exclsuive to WiiU. This is exactly the kind of franchise Nintendo needs to bring to the WiiU.

Indeed. Plus, the other machines have Anarchy Reigns which is kinda like a sequel to Madworld in some respects. Share the love all around I say.

I wonder if they will include the first game, or bring it to the eShop or anything?

Or do you think players will just be brought up to speed via a cutscene or something; because I imagine a lot of Nintendo gamers will have missed out on the first game.

Perhaps Platinum will include the first game as an unlockable? It's a long shot but it could happen. Like how Panzer Dragoon Orta included the first Panzer Dragoon.

The reaction on Neogaf is hilarious. So many people claiming that it's not an exclusive and that the Wii U still sucks. Apparently they don't understand that Nintendo are basically funding this game,they would be idiots to allow it to be released on other consoles.It will be a Mass Effect 1 situation if anything. Combined with the fact that many of these same people were crying when the rumour came out it was canned by Sega it's just entertaining to see the Nintendo haters descend from the rafters.

Anyone who hasn't played the first one really needs too, it's fantastic!

Probably my favourite game in that genre of gaming.

Was not expecting this to become an exclusive to Wii U! Bravo Nintendo... Bravo!

Brilliant move, think i'll have to buy this too

gotta love that butthurt Gaf member who obviously wanted it for PS360 that made me laugh considerably

Gotta love Gaf.

Yeah, that's a meme that's been around since ff13 was announced to be multiplatform.

How you guys aren't going insane at what is probably going to be the top 3 WiiU game is beyond me.

The first game is one of my favourite games ever. :grin:

...Why is this on WiiU? :( I wasn't planning on getting one but I do NEED to play this game.

Was the original one of those games that gets good ten hours in or something? Because I played the demo and I found it to be about the dullest things I had ever played.

...Why is this on WiiU? :(

The game was planned for 360/PS3. Then it got canned. It was dead and you probably would have never heard from the franchise again.

Then Nintendo stepped in and said they'll publish it.

So if it wasn't a Wii U exclusive, it wouldn't exist.

And this is how gamers thank Nintendo for rescuing the franchise.

So impressed we're getting this!

Whenever I get the Wii U this will be one of the first games I intend to buy.

Was anyone else a bit concerned when the teaser trailer was playing during the conference that this was a port of Bayonetta 1 (beating the outdated port record layed down by Batman and Mass Effect 3), and just starring at the end logo waiting for a 2 to appear!!

And it did! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

The game was planned for 360/PS3. Then it got canned. It was dead and you probably would have never heard from the franchise again.

Then Nintendo stepped in and said they'll publish it.

So if it wasn't a Wii U exclusive, it wouldn't exist.

And this is how gamers thank Nintendo for rescuing the franchise.

Have Nintendo really bought EXCLUSIVE publishing rights for the game? Because games "exclusive" for Nintendo games rarely turn out to be exclusive in the end. Remember Viewtiful Joe or Monkey Ball? Goldeneye? RE4?

It'd be nice to have an exclusive that stays exclusive for once.

Think pretty much as soon as the moon came up on the screen with the Platinum Games logo I knew it was a new Bayonetta. I know Nintendo want more core titles on the Wii U but going back to 2009 to get one would be ridiculous even by Nintendo's standards :D

Just supremely happy that we're getting a sequel. As I said, the first game is the best thing that Platinum has put out so far and probably will remain that way until this comes out, provided they nail this on the head. They've got the gameplay sorted, just need to put in the surrounds to bring it all together and not force gamepad implementation when it's definitely not needed.

And with it being an exclusive, it should make use of the extra power under the bonnet and make the visuals that little bit more perky ;)

Gotta love Gaf.

Thats a joke post, its an almost carbon copy of what some one said about an exclusive going multi platform awhile back.

Have Nintendo really bought EXCLUSIVE publishing rights for the game? Because games "exclusive" for Nintendo games rarely turn out to be exclusive in the end. Remember Viewtiful Joe or Monkey Ball? Goldeneye? RE4?

It depends. It if it does ridiculously well then someone will have to pay Nintendo money to break their contract and go multiplatform. So it's a numbers game.

Also from Nintendo's perspective they have to maintain a status quo with Platinum to not scare them away from working with them again.

Nintendo is funding the game. That should answer your question.

Sega are only acting advisors :p

sega23qic3.png

Edit: Nintendo saves the franchise = tons of Nintendo hate. :hmm:

95nC9.jpg

Edited by Dante

WOW, Nintendo save Bayonetta from cancellation by stumping up cash and funding it. Rather than thanking them the 'fans' go wild and hate Nintendo even more as it's not going to be released on other consoles.

The funny thing about this is that I get the idea Bayonetta fans would have been happier if the game was cancelled than see it on a Nintendo system! What a joke.

Yeah, there are LOADS of people bitching at Nintendo for this

Makes me want it even more. Get it doing well enough to get more sequels on Nintendo consoles so those "core" gamers can cry themselves to sleep

Thats a joke post, its an almost carbon copy of what some one said about an exclusive going multi platform awhile back.

True, but what Cube posted isn't. :D

He still posted it from Neogaf, right? They don't say anything worth the time of day.

I mean, at least they're being given a reason as to why it's exclusive, and it's a damn good one. It doesn't exclude the game being re-released in other consoles in the future, either.

I still remember when Soul Calibur 3 was exclusive for the PS2, no reason given. Still haven't forgiven Namco for that one, even if SC3 wasn't that good.

Perhaps Platinum will include the first game as an unlockable? It's a long shot but it could happen. Like how Panzer Dragoon Orta included the first Panzer Dragoon.

The reaction on Neogaf is hilarious. So many people claiming that it's not an exclusive and that the Wii U still sucks. Apparently they don't understand that Nintendo are basically funding this game,they would be idiots to allow it to be released on other consoles.It will be a Mass Effect 1 situation if anything. Combined with the fact that many of these same people were crying when the rumour came out it was canned by Sega it's just entertaining to see the Nintendo haters descend from the rafters.

Yeah it's hilarious. I haven't seen a meltdown this funny since the FF13 "betrayal" from PS3 to PS360 multiplat :laughing: (And it's made all the funnier by the fact that it's thanks to Nintendo swooping in to save the game that it's getting made to begin with! :laughing: )

I do hope they have the first game available in some fashion or another. Would make for a kick arse unlockable! (but more reasonably, I'd happily buy it again from the eShop if it runs a bit better than before and can be played off TV! :D )

He still posted it from Neogaf, right? They don't say anything worth the time of day.

Only member worth reading is Wario64