NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Japanese Nintendo Direct Thread

Nintendo Network Premium gains you points for your digital purchases and gives you around 10% back

This all seems quite reasonable. Getting Premium Set for sure

So the 32gb premium version is 31500yen ~£250 and the 8gb basic version 26250yen ~£210

December 8th launch for Japan.

Multiple SKUs...

cr_04009_01_v6.jpg

Too bad I got the contents wrong :( (At least in Japan)

Also apparantly the Nintendo Network Premium thing is just a loyalty scheme for those who buy the Premium model (discounts on games until December 2014), NOT a subscription service.

Edit: Cheers Serebii! :D

Yeah the premium one is more like £250 directly translated. Stick another 20% on that for UK I recon.

Did anyone glean what the Premium Network service was?

EDIT: THanks DC

Is it to late to learn Japanese?
Yep, definately should've learned to read and understand Japanese... :awesome:

Also apparantly the Nintendo Network Premium thing is just a loyalty scheme for those who buy the Premium model (discounts on games until December 2014), NOT a subscription service.

Good to hear.

I'm a little disappointed by the size of the HDD. 32GB? That's far too small in this digital age.

am i right in thinking no pikmin at launch either just mario and nintendo land ?

Yep just those two for launch day from Nintendo.

Annnnnd we are done, at least for a few hours. :D

I checked the Yen to £ and the basic package is £207

The price will probably be cheaper over here and in the US (as it was with the 3DS)

I think it's safe to say it'll be $249.99/299.99 and £189.99/£229.99.

The multiple SKUs seems kinda pointless really. Neither coming with a Wiimote Plus & Nunchuck is disappointing :(

Good to hear.

I'm a little disappointed by the size of the HDD. 32GB? That's far too small in this digital age.

That's an SSD, not a HDD. BIG difference (both in terms of performance and price)

Good to hear.

Nintendo chooses to use flash memory rather than expensive and cumbersome hard drives

That's an SSD, not a HDD. BIG difference (both in terms of performance and price)

Nintendo chooses to use flash memory rather than expensive and cumbersome hard drives

Ah, I see. Have we got the option to add an external HDD then?

Ah, I see. Have we got the option to add an external HDD then?

Yes. You can use any USB hard drive or SD card.

I'm tempted to just go for the normal one actually. I really don't need more on board storage, I'm happy using SD Cards/external storage.

Depends on those discounts I guess...

That's a relief about Nintendo Network Premium not being a subscription.

All rather hopeful I think, but a December launch for Europe seems likely.

Yes. You can use any USB hard drive or SD card.

I'm tempted to just go for the normal one actually. I really don't need more on board storage, I'm happy using SD Cards/external storage.

Depends on those discounts I guess...

I want the Black Wii U so I'm going with that :p

So my Japanese price was slightly low for the cheaper version. My UK prediction was £275 for that (with Nintendoland packed in), so probably £250 without it.

Yeah, that's one thing nintendo does well, whack in any sd card or USB hard drive and that works.

All sounds great. I'm very worried about the pricing. What is the 3Ds directly converted? And December is way too late for my impatient needs.

Pleasantly surprised that a HDMI cable is bundled with both SKUs.

I don't think any games are going to be bundled with anything, guys. I don't know why so many people are convinced that it's so likely. Leads to disappointment over something that was never even suggested.

Pleasantly surprised that a HDMI cable is bundled with both SKUs.
Am I missing the sarcasm or are HDMI cables expensive in the UK? Serious question as I see a lot of members making comments about (not)including HDMI cables?

Am I missing the sarcasm or are HDMI cables expensive in the UK? Serious question as I see a lot of members making comments about (not)including HDMI cables?

I don't think they're that expensive, but I think a lot of people were just expecting Nintendo to whack in the bog-standard composite cable as is tradition.

Chances are, in America, it'll be $250 base model, $320 premium

Keep seeing people doing direct conversions and saying "Nintendo is doomed" -_-

Yeah, having a HDMI cable come with the machine is a nice bonus (especially for grandmas who'd get confused about how to hook it up and would just end up using the "normal" yellow/white/green cable!) They're not very expensive, but it's nice to see them remove any confusion regarding getting HD out of the thing.

Doesn't make up for eschewing the Wiimoteplus/Nunchuck from the box though. Say goodbye to any and all 3rd party support for the Wiimote :(

Summary

- GPGPU

- 2GB RAM, 1GB for games, 1GB for OS

- Discs are 25GB and 22.5MB/s (for comparison, I think the PS3 is 9MB/s).

- You can import software from the Wii.

- A second Wii U gamepad is 13,440 yen (about £108)

- Comes with console, GamePad, AC adapter for console and GamePad, HDMI cable. 8GB memory for white, 32GB memory black (premium).

- Nintendo Network Premium. Owners of the black console will get 10% off digital purchases until December 2014

- Out Japan 8th December

- White model 26,250 yen (£210)

- Black (Premium) 31,500 yen (£250)