NEurope
Hamishmash

Wreck-It Ralph

I couldn't believe there wasn't a thread for the movie on the forum (there is for the game but ... blegh... disney tie in games)

The new trailer makes this look so amazing.

Like a video-game Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

It's been posted about in the general movie thread. Fret not, it's not gone unnoticed.

Should be cool to see. Other than the fact that Zangief isn't a villain, they seem to have done their research.

Previously I thought this looked immense but now I am dubious. :)

It still looks fun but looks more like a standard affair wrapped up in pretty videogame sugar coating.

Been trying to read up on this, would love to know how much of the budget was spent on getting the licenses for the characters.

Seems the only ones (from what I've read) they wanted but didn't get were Mario & Luigi cause Nintendos price was too high...least they got Bowser, but seems odd to have him appear and not the plumbers? They have both Eggman and Sonic afterall...so were are Mario and Luigi while Bowser is running around here...sunnung themselves on Delfino island? :D

I think the Internet is more excited for cameos than the actual movie - which is a shame because the premise is fantastic. Hope the original characters shine as bright the established ones.

Getting good reviews - currently 84% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Shame it's not out till Feb in the UK though...

Getting good reviews - currently 84% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Shame it's not out till Feb in the UK though...

WHAT?????

I thought it was out December?......damnit

Any particular reason why we've got to wait 4 months for the film? Most of Europe get it in December.

Any particular reason why we've got to wait 4 months for the film? Most of Europe get it in December.

We usually have to wait months for Disney films - they tend to release them here when they think it will be most popular.

We usually have to wait months for Disney films - they tend to release them here when they think it will be most popular.

So a Disney film at Christmas isn't a cinematic/seasonal match made in heaven? Silly Disney :mad:

Thought something like that would be the reason. I guess with Madagascar 3 releasing so late over here, then Christmas tat that'll be released, I guess the new year is the best slot for them without any other competition.

We get Disney (and Pixar) films during the half-terms. Guessing they figure people will be too busy over Christmas.

It's fantastic, went with a few guys from the office at the weekend. I wasn't expecting much as the trailers they'd shown at work were pretty poor, but the film really delivered. Lots of good moments, great characters and awesome little drop ins from video game characters. Can't believe it's not out there for so long, that really sucks!

It's fantastic' date=' went with a few guys from the office at the weekend. [b']I wasn't expecting much as the trailers they'd shown at work were pretty poor, [/b]but the film really delivered. Lots of good moments, great characters and awesome little drop ins from video game characters. Can't believe it's not out there for so long, that really sucks!

I thought the trailers were awesome....does that mean this will become my most fav Disney film when I see it?

Gods damnit I was expecting this for Xmas....was even gonna make it my sons first Cinema trip for his 2nd birthday (one of those early morning kids&family shows....and as my 2nd viewing as I'd go watch it on me own first, haha)

Gah, this was gonna round out my Xmas entertainment perfectly....damn you Disney :(

Looks like a pretty good idea, I'll hopefully manage to go and see it when it's out. I can see them throwing in lots of jokes for gamers, hopefully, that just might not fit into the trailers as well.

Can't believe it's not out there for so long' date=' that really sucks![/quote']

For the record, I think that's just the UK (and maybe Ireland). The movie is premiering here in Portugal this Thursday.

Not sure when I'll be able to see it, but I'm fairly excited about it.

They do go quite quickly, was surprised to find some in London.

Can't wait :D

Just come back from seeing this and it was really fun!

Lots of little nods and homages to video games and, surprisingly, sweets. Some great puns that made a lot of people laugh.

Watching the credits I did notice companies such as Sega got "Sonic, Dr Eggman [rest I can't remember] copyright Sega etc" and Nintendo just got "Nintendo properties copyright Nintendo". Felt like a "fine, if you don't want to let us include Mario, screw you".

Only niggle I did have was some of the minor characters moved in a retro style, i.e. they just quickly changed between poses. An amusing visual gag, but it felt a bit weird seeing that next to people that were moving fluidly.

Ah! I saw this last week as it happens, had meant to post but totally forgot. Quite enjoyed it, they put in some nice references though I feel they tried(and succeeded) to get a lot of them out of the way early(which was a good thing). I actually absolutely loved the retro/jerky animations for the characters you mention Ashley, stood out for me above most other bits of the film. All in all a good family film I'd say, amusing like much else from the same vein; with a few bonuses for gamers but nothing ground-breaking in either aspect.

I saw this the other day too, really enjoyed all the game references.

Incidentally, there was a feature in the film in this months Empire magazine. They interviewed the producer or someone, and he said that Nintendo offered Mario and Luigi as well as those that are included, but they didn't fit into the story and they didn't want them just in the background. He said that if they could've fitted them in without it feeling like a forced line they would've done it but they couldn't. But it would've been nice for them to appear!

Just come back from seeing this and it was really fun!

Lots of little nods and homages to video games and, surprisingly, sweets. Some great puns that made a lot of people laugh.

Watching the credits I did notice companies such as Sega got "Sonic, Dr Eggman [rest I can't remember] copyright Sega etc" and Nintendo just got "Nintendo properties copyright Nintendo". Felt like a "fine, if you don't want to let us include Mario, screw you".

Only niggle I did have was some of the minor characters moved in a retro style, i.e. they just quickly changed between poses. An amusing visual gag, but it felt a bit weird seeing that next to people that were moving fluidly.

From what I read, Nintendo did allow them to use Mario, but the writers wanted Mario to have a bigger role, which they couldn't fit into the plot treatment they already had

Edit: Oops, just read Nintendohnut's post.

I can't wait to see this