NEurope
Mr_Odwin

hmvtickets for fun.

A couple of months ago I bought some tickets to see fun. on the 4th October at the HMVInstitute in Birmingham through HMVtickets. Now because of various things I can't go.

Can I sell these on? I think I'd be able to sell them easily at work (just looking for face value) but it says this on them:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Please ensure the details on this ticket are correct.

Please print and bring this entire page with you to the event.

You will also need the debit/credit card you used to purchase your ticket.

Failure to do any of the above may result in non-admission.

It's the debit card bit that worries me. How stringently is this checked? If I give these tickets to someone else will they be screwed out of entry because they don't have my debit card with them?

Not sure if it makes a difference but they are e-tickets. As in, they were sent to me in an email and I have to print them myself.

Also, anyone want them? I have two tickets, and the face value is £12.50 each. I'd happily do an N-E discount.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

What date is it? Going from the HMV Institute website... Thursday 4th October? Brum is a little out of my way for a mid-week night, alas.

I'd suggest @Ashley for this but imagine he has tickets already!

I've been to a few concerts/events with tickets printed from Ticketmaster with the note about the Credit/Debit Card used to buy the tickets, haven't been asked for it when I went to any of those events. Could just be a random thing

But...but you said we'd finally meet!

Tumblr_lq1p26a6SU1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

Anyway. I sold on my tickets for fun. in NYC to someone and had to go through some faff with Ticketmaster but it worked (and obviously they didn't have my card). Just contact the relevant section of their customer support (can be found, achingly, through the site).

Oh wait I think I had to send them a redacted copy of my card...

But...but you said we'd finally meet!

Tumblr_lq1p26a6SU1qfy2kdo1_500.gif

Anyway. I sold on my tickets for fun. in NYC to someone and had to go through some faff with Ticketmaster but it worked (and obviously they didn't have my card). Just contact the relevant section of their customer support (can be found, achingly, through the site).

Oh wait I think I had to send them a redacted copy of my card...

Another day Ashley, another day. That faff seems faffy. They were only £25 for the pair, so I've offered them to a friend that lives in Birmingham. If they don't want them, anyone from N-E can have them for free.

I think if you pick tickets up at the desk then you need the credit/debit card.

I've never seen anyone ever have tickets checked against the credit/debit card to gain entry to the arena.