NEurope
Hero-of-Time

EU Nintendo Direct 13th September 3pm

Keiji Inafune and his studio Comcept are developing a new zombie game called Yaiba for unannounced platforms. You’ll get to see a video of it in action this Thursday, September 13, on the official Comcept website, according to Weekly Famitsu.

Interesting. Nintendo is hosting a Wii U event on September 13. Unannounced platform, September 13? Could it be?!

The plot thickens....

Why bother watching the Japanese one, you won't be able to understand any of it (I assume). Surely best to save the surprise for the EU broadcast

I can, and I have a major incling I have to watch it

I'm obviously a huge Nintendo fan, but I'm also a big COD fan too. Treyarch have been a great supporter of Nintendo and the Wii and deserve the respect of Nintendo gamers.

When other tried party developers were giving the Wii the shaft, Treyarch stuck by it developing World at War, Modern Warfare Reflex, Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3.

What's more they not only pushed the Wii in terms of what it could graphically and technically, they also single handedly produced the best online system on the Wii with a proper headset, in game chat for everyone regardless of whether you were friends with that player, the ability to add random players to your friend list, full messaging support and the ditching of all restrictions that hampered online play.

What's more Treyarch developed the best FPS control scheme to exist on a home console. They really played to the strength of the Wii and the Wii remote making for fast and fluid aiming without the gimmicks that other developers opted for.

If any third party developer deserves a round of applause it's Treyarch. What's more, if any third party developer will have actually thought out great ways to implement the tablet it will be those guys.

I'm looking forward to their continued support and to see what they can do with the new hardware and the controller. You make not like COD - but I can assure you Treyarch like Nintendo and have shown more love to Nintendo gamers than most third parties.

Totally agree with this. I do like the CoD games, and without Treyarch wouldn't have played any as I only own Nintendo platforms. They looked after Nintendo's lack of serious action FPS' with all swinging online.

If it's the case that CoD BOps appears on the WiiU, I will certainly be supporting this awesome company.

In one way it's a shame we'll know everything about the console before the conference, but in another way it means we don't ave to wait. Can't freaking wait. No fuck ups Nintendo. You're matching current tech at a higher price and a declining video game industry for home consoles and physical media. You're relying on a tech which is already out there and hundreds of millions of people already own. You have to fucking nail this!

Arrive in work at 8am, bombs dropped by 8:30. Excellent Thursday scheduled by the look of it.

In one way it's a shame we'll know everything about the console before the conference, but in another way it means we don't ave to wait. Can't freaking wait. No fuck ups Nintendo. You're matching current tech at a higher price and a declining video game industry for home consoles and physical media. You're relying on a tech which is already out there and hundreds of millions of people already own. You have to fucking nail this!

And in 2006 Nintendo released a console that had a similar spec to the 'current tech' and it blew everyone away. We all know why, it was a different approach. I just hope the tablet captures the imagination of audience just like the Wii remote did!

2le6u541785.gif

I just had to post this!

The plot thickens....

Nintendo own Japan, it's simple as that, more so than ever, now that Nintendo have shown their aggressiveness over there, 3rd parties are taking more notice then ever before.

It also helps the fact that with higher costs of making HD games the WiiU could a be a great system for Jap dev who just can't afford to make the leap to an even more advance system. That's just my 2 cents on the whole issue over there.

Best meme ever.

Can someone explain to me what a meme is nowadays? From what I am seeing anything is a meme now.

And in 2006 Nintendo released a console that had a similar spec to the 'current tech' and it blew everyone away. We all know why, it was a different approach. I just hope the tablet captures the imagination of audience just like the Wii remote did!

It actually had worse spec than current tech and still do it. The Wii was something very special though and we shouldn't expect the same thing. Wii U will be more expensive and is not close to being as accessible as the Wii. But I'm fine with that, it might even move up the casual gamers to more complex gamers, or it could leave them behind.

I think the tablet is a reasonable good idea, pretty much everyone has a smartphone or tablet now so the interface will be familiar, plus it will also provide a tablet experience to families who may not have one, or even as a kids first tablet.

But for this to work I feel Nintendo really needs add extra fucntionality to grab the general consumer. The tablet play feature is a huge bonus and if a game can use it, it should. But also if the Wii U has lots of media channels, as standard netflix, love film, and all the catch up tv stations; then this will be very appealling to families, especially if moved to the tablet as well. I also feel extra functionality such as ebooks (but it would need to partner with a common ebook service (kindle?)) etc. The only huge limitation is needing to be in the house; but it still offers some great options.

Reggie time.

So if the US conference is on at 10am ET...isn't that 3pm here? So are both US and European conferences are on at the same time then....hopefully the only info they differ in talking about is the release date info for each region...unless those both end up being the same too :o

Can someone explain to me what a meme is nowadays? From what I am seeing anything is a meme now.

Indeed. I would have called that a gif...and what an awesome gif it is too :D

This conference/these conferences are pretty much going to make or break my decision to get a WiiU at launch. Currently, I haven't set any money aside for it and am genuinely not bothered at all by it. Strange times. I'm normally unbelievably psyched for a new Nintendo Console.

If the conference blows, I can see myself holding off on this for a while. My gut tells me that we'll get a late November/very early December launch but I'm hoping we get a fair price for it, too. Anything over 250 will be out of my budget, I imagine.

I can;t see Nintendo being able to justify anything above £200 for the console, i'm actually settling on them matching the original Wii price - this time round the Supermarkets will be slashing the price also - I can see it selling for £160 in Tesco.

I can;t see Nintendo being able to justify anything above £200 for the console, i'm actually settling on them matching the original Wii price - this time round the Supermarkets will be slashing the price also - I can see it selling for £160 in Tesco.

Really? 160 for a new home Console? That's on a par with the 3DS. I think we'll be extremely fortunate to see it at that price point. Can't see it happening.

Don't expect the price to be revealed for Europe. EU bitchslapped Nintendo for "price fixing" a few years ago, and that's why they started the whole "retailers choose the price" bull

Pretty sure retailers will put up a price shortly after, it didn't take long for GAME to put up their price for the 3DS so we should get a decent idea before the pricing wars start.

I can see them at best matching the original Wii price... in America. $250 absolute lowest.

In fairness to mainland Europe, that would probably be €250, even with retailer-led pricing and an economic situation completely different compared to 2006.

However, I really don't see it being £180 for the UK. With Wii in 2006, $250 = £180. With 3DS in 2011, $250 = £220. I reckon that's got to be the rock-bottom possibility. If you're expecting/hoping for sub-£200, just stop.

I still, as I've done for the best part of two years now, reckon about £270 - the launch price of the Premium Xbox 360 - to be the ball-park figure we're looking at.

I can see them at best matching the original Wii price... in America. $250 absolute lowest.

In fairness to mainland Europe, that would probably be €250, even with retailer-led pricing and an economic situation completely different compared to 2006.

However, I really don't see it being £180 for the UK. With Wii in 2006, $250 = £180. With 3DS in 2011, $250 = £220. I reckon that's got to be the rock-bottom possibility. If you're expecting/hoping for sub-£200, just stop.

I still, as I've done for the best part of two years now, reckon about £270 - the launch price of the Premium Xbox 360 - to be the ball-park figure we're looking at.

Well $250 is actually around £155 right now.... but €250 is around £200.

Makes me feel we could get £199. But we'll see.

I have to work all day tomorrow :( I'm gonna try set my 1 hour break to 3pm though. If 3G fails me now, my head might explode.

Makes me feel we could get £199. But we'll see.

Don't forget the extra 20%. Which would make it closer to £186 (based on $250) and £240 (based on €250).

Don't forget the extra 20%. Which would make it closer to £186 (based on $250) and £240 (based on €250).

But that doesn't fit in with the "uk gets screwed over" everyone goes on about