NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RokuShion

3DS not charging

Hi. ^_^"

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section.

I traded my DSi for a 3DS (new and sealed) last Thursday at HMV. I played it over the weekend and both the charging stand and just plugging it in directly worked.

Ever since yesterday it stopped charging (The light doesn't even come on). I tried it in several different sockets.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to have to send a brand new 3DS in for repairs. :(

Thanks

Hi. ^_^"

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section.

I traded my DSi for a 3DS (new and sealed) last Thursday at HMV. I played it over the weekend and both the charging stand and just plugging it in directly worked.

Ever since yesterday it stopped charging (The light doesn't even come on). I tried it in several different sockets.

Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to have to send a brand new 3DS in for repairs. :(

Thanks

Take it back to HMV, demand to see the manager and demand a replacement. Do this quickly.

Yeah if it fails to charge everytime, it shouldn't be too hard to prove it's faulty to HMV, and they'll have to give you a new one.

Welcome.

Hello! Have you got anything on it you wouldn't want to lose, though? I shouldn't imagine so if it's only a week or two old, but if there is I'd first say try another charger, but otherwise yes as everyone's said, it's well covered by warranty and HMV's problem, you probably don't even need to demand!

Get it to there ASAP. Although it technically should be a fortnight~28 days grace period, many shops tend to try and put the blame elsewhere if you don't get it back there within seven days.

Take it back by tomorrow if possible, for your own sake.

I thought on a faulty warranty the retailer is responsible for sorting it out within the first 6 months, though?

I got a new one that actually charges. :D

Good to hear. An XL or a regular 3DS? By the way, welcome to the forums, and welcome to 3D handheld gaming, it's awesome!

Good to hear. An XL or a regular 3DS? By the way, welcome to the forums, and welcome to 3D handheld gaming, it's awesome!

Thanks. :)

I got a regular 3DS. I wanted an XL, but you had to buy the charger seperately. I didn't have enough money and I couldn't wait any longer. xD

Sign in to follow this