NEurope
MoogleViper

Weird shit people do

Sometimes the items taste fine on their own.

When I cook, I adamantly stick to the concept that individual items should taste good on their own, and as close to their natural flavour as possible...however my family never want me to cook because everything I make is "bland". :'(

That being said, I will often choose very simple meals for the satisfaction of the "purity". For instance, when making burgers, I sometimes opt for the beautifully simple beef in a bun with ketchup.

Come on, people - eat your favourite thing first! It tastes so much better as you are more hungry. Plus, if you accidentally choke on the less-tasty food - you'll have died before you even get to savour that taste.

Release the ice-cream!

What languages do you know/speak?

Currently speak French, Italian, German, Irish and Korean. I like to speak a little of each every day - luckily one friend speaks all the same so we interchange them / create this strange hybrid.

I have some spare time for another language in college as I've decided to drop French (for this year, at university) so I must choose between Chinese or Japanese! It's damn damn hard! I have friends who speak both so I'm so CONFUSED!

The food is all meant to compliment each other. Eating it item by item is just... weird.

Yes, that does fall under "weird shit people do", the title of this thread... :heh:

Too many flavours give me mental overload/stress, its not something I can really control, I guess it must be an autism thing... *shrug*

therapy is going to be funnnnn /sarcasm

I have some spare time for another language in college as I've decided to drop French (for this year, at university) so I must choose between Chinese or Japanese! It's damn damn hard! I have friends who speak both so I'm so CONFUSED!

Awww no, Édith Piaf would be sad! (She's one of your idols, right?)

Pick according to your personal interest level! If you're purely thinking about usefulness, Chinese, because of their strong economy and growing ubiquity! But Japanese is SLIGHTLY easier because there are less Chinese words to learn...

But Japanese is SLIGHTLY easier because there are less Chinese words to learn...

Japanese is easier because there are more words to learn?

Or Japanese is easier because there are less Chinese words to learn when you're studying Japanese?

I'd study Japanese so I could play quirky Japanese games, but Chinese would probably be more useful outside of gaming. *Helpful*

Japanese is easier because there are more words to learn?

Or Japanese is easier because there are less Chinese words to learn when you're studying Japanese?

I'd study Japanese so I could play quirky Japanese games, but Chinese would probably be more useful outside of gaming. *Helpful*

Whoops, I didn't consider that it might not be clear to say that!

Japanese language is composed of Japanese alphabets and Chinese words, but Chinese consists of Chinese words only (obviously). So you have to learn less Chinese words in Japanese, because they're padded with the Japanese alphabets!

Japanese is not hard to pick up tbh, especially the Japanese alphabet. Give it a go! :)

Awww no, Édith Piaf would be sad! (She's one of your idols, right?)

Pick according to your personal interest level! If you're purely thinking about usefulness, Chinese, because of their strong economy and growing ubiquity! But Japanese is SLIGHTLY easier because there are less Chinese words to learn...

Yes! You have passed the friendship test, she is one of my many idols in life. I guess she'd be sad but it's taught so horribly at UCD ;_____; the method really doesn't work, Italian is borderline too. I'll still watch movies / read books in French though so I won't loose it! : D

Still undecided about my language though. Really edging towards Chinese...but imagine all the Studio Ghibli movies and J-Pop music I could indulge in D:

I'm such a sap - I need direction

Japanese definitely. You could watch all the anime, read all the manga and play loads of games in their own language.

Going to the cinema by yourself.

Some people find this weird, like today, I'm going by myself, it seems to be a more popular thing to do in the US than the UK. I've no issue with it, but its always nice to go with a friend.

Do you find it weird? Anything else you think you should definitely do with others? Like a theme park for instance.

Going to the cinema by yourself.

Some people find this weird, like today, I'm going by myself, it seems to be a more popular thing to do in the US than the UK. I've no issue with it, but its always nice to go with a friend.

Do you find it weird? Anything else you think you should definitely do with others? Like a theme park for instance.

I can see why people go by themselves, and don't consider it weird, but I would never do it myself. I'd be far too self-conscious.

I've found more recently that it doesn't seem to bother me, there's only two other people I could go with here and they are busy, so in light of the fact nobody knows who I am here..

I'm not bothered by it at all, though I do like to share the experience and my thoughts with someone afterwards. If we don't agree, then I start to wish I'd gone by myself. :heh:

Technically there is nothing wrong with going to the cinema by yourself, since all you're doing is going to sit in a darkened room and stare at a screen and not talk to anyone for two hours.

There should be nothing weird about going on your own at all. But.....it's a bit weird.

Haha, well I had the cinema to myself, so that was pretty cool. I also got told I have lovely hair when I bought my ticket.

It doesn't feel weird at all, I spent a long time never bothering to see films because I was by myself, but its quite nice not to chat, just enjoy the film.

My cousin has to be the one to load the conveyor belt with groceries, and he has to be the one to bag them (when the attendant isn't doing the bagging), claiming that everyone else does it wrong.

I laughed, until we got home and we were all unpacking and I realised I was thinking that everyone else is doing it wrong; I was going to have to rearrange it all when they left.

I'm not bothered by it at all, though I do like to share the experience and my thoughts with someone afterwards. If we don't agree, then I start to wish I'd gone by myself. :heh:

This!! Certain people are my cinema buddies (@Frank and @heroicjanitor :)), but I would rather go by myself than with someone with a radically different taste in movies to me, or...bad taste :s I used to go by myself all of the time, due to the fact that I was getting tired of being (or feeling) expected to "oooh" and "awww" and laugh at the right moments. When you're on your own, there's no pressure to like or dislike a movie! Yay!

due to the fact that I was getting tired of being (or feeling) expected to "oooh" and "awww" and laugh at the right moments. When you're on your own, there's no pressure to like or dislike a movie! Yay!

I can honestly say I've never felt pressure to respond to a movie with any sort of noise.

I can honestly say I've never felt pressure to respond to a movie with any sort of noise.

Haven't you ever gone to a movie with people, and they would laugh/shudder/something and look at you, expecting you to be doing the same?

Though that was a very long time ago, when I was a dorky kid with no confidence...don't really feel like that now :)

Except applause, of course. Got to let Bruce Willis know he did a good job!

I sometimes used to go to the movies with friends back in my foolish youth. Everyone always just wanted to decide on a movie when we got there instead of deciding beforehand. And I'd always think, "man, we're probably going to watch [good movie I want to watch]!" but then it'd turn out that everyone had already seen it and we'd end up watching something boring like Eragon or Mr and Mrs Smith.

And afterwards I'd try to complain about the movie being bad and they'd just tell me that they liked it and I should stop being so negative all the time. It's no fun watching bad movies if you can't make fun of them during/afterwards. :p

Haven't you ever gone to a movie with people, and they would laugh/shudder/something and look at you, expecting you to be doing the same?

No, never.

Except applause, of course. Got to let Bruce Willis know he did a good job!

Anyone that applauds at a movie should be shot.

And why doesn't chrome think that "movie" is a word?