NEurope
MoogleViper

Weird shit people do

Title says it all really, share your stories of one off experiences with weirdos, or perhaps some recurring weird shit that lots of people seem to do.

About a minute ago I was sat at my computer, as I seem to be most minutes. My niece is currently staying over (about 22 months old). I heard a lot of praise, "you're very clever" sort of thing downstairs. Then I hear my mum say, "I'll go upstairs and show Sam how clever you are". She then walks into my room with a potty full of wee. "Look how clever she is."

Now it's not as if my niece was there, she was downstairs, so it definitely isn't some form of praise or encouragement. My Mum apparently assumed that I would just like to see a potty full of piss.

Parents (or in this case grandparents) definitely seem to feel the need to share every inane thing their child does. Don't get me wrong, I love kids (not in the ReZ way), but I don't want to go on facebook and see multiple posts of "look at my little boy's first turd" or "OMG my six month old ate loads of sweets and then threw up. He's so cute!"

So anyway, share your pet peeves and weird experiences.

My boss goes to google.com, then process to write the url of the website (including the .com stuff) into the Google Search Bar before clicking on the search result.

My boss goes to google.com, then process to write the url of the website (including the .com stuff) into the Google Search Bar before clicking on the search result.

This annoys me so much.

I once read that someone's mum went to Google and then typed in 'www.yahoo.com' and made her search on Yahoo.

People who kiss dogs/other animals you shouldn't really be touching/letting crawl all over your house anyway.

This does my nut in. I ask a user to go to http://www.join.me and I ask them to select the free version. They then say they can't see it. 5 minutes later after many questions I realise they have just searched for it.....

But...think about where they lick themselves... :(

Whenever you touch anything in public, just think about where the hands of all the dirty humans that touched it before you have been.

I don't usually touch things out in public with my mouth.

I do kiss my pets, though.

But not on the mouth.

People who kiss dogs/other animals you shouldn't really be touching/letting crawl all over your house anyway.

This. And letting them sleep on the same bed as you. THEY'RE FILTHY!

This. And letting them sleep on the same bed as you. THEY'RE FILTHY!

Having just gotten a kitten I must say I have to disagree.

551682_10152096021340691_345316228_n.jpg

j818bs.jpg

Ker-yute!

Anyway mine is my continual quest to convince everyone I know to use adblocker (Many fear it to be a virus / generally can't be bothered). Being forced to watch adverts on 4od is a horrible experience.

Having just gotten a kitten I must say I have to disagree.

551682_10152096021340691_345316228_n.jpg

j818bs.jpg

Ker-yute!

Anyway mine is my continual quest to convince everyone I know to use adblocker (Many fear it to be a virus / generally can't be bothered). Being forced to watch adverts on 4od is a horrible experience.

Murr's kitty has been replaced in my heart. Unless he posts more pictures. Then you post more too. So we have to witness a brutal kitty picture war, yes.

As for weird stuff, I don't have much to add except the sort of crazy shit mums believe/say as we probably all have as standard.

Plus that Google thing, I see a lady to that at work all the time, and it...hurts me a little inside.

The kitten is cute but they're dirty by nature and spend most of the day spreading saliva around themselves :heh:

Pet it, play with it and whatever but don't let it sleep in your bed.

Whenever you touch anything in public, just think about where the hands of all the dirty humans that touched it before you have been.

I touch things with my knuckles or elbows, wash my hands before I eat, and avoid touching my face.

A pet peeve...I don't like it when people hug me or kiss me on the cheek (old men), and bend/squash my glasses into my face in the process. I'm wearing glasses! NOTICE IT. :mad:

I know the things you've let sleep in your bed Ashley, they are just as bad if not worse.

Don't be so self-deprecating.

I know the things you've let sleep in your bed Ashley, they are just as bad if not worse.

Please, I don't spoon. As soon as they're done they're off. Then I wash the sheets/the shame.

Nooo! The vast majority of websites that you'll go on (including NE) are supported primarily by adverts! If you don't see the adverts then the website can't make any money to continue being a free service!

And don't bother saying you don't click on adverts or don't even notice them when they are there. Everyone says that and everyone is unintentionally lying.

And don't bother saying you don't click on adverts or don't even notice them when they are there. Everyone says that and everyone is unintentionally lying.

Yes. Everyone has been on a website where an advert pops up or scrolls just where you're about to click, meaning you click on the advert by mistake (like CVG).

Nooo! The vast majority of websites that you'll go on (including NE) are supported primarily by adverts! If you don't see the adverts then the website can't make any money to continue being a free service!

Yeah, you're right. Still, there are always going to be enough people who don't use adblocker (like what, 95% of people or something probably) that it shouldn't impact too much. Sort of like how people record TV shows and skip the adverts.

/terrible justification

Ahhh! AHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

As a person with severe, debilitating OCD, I find this statement particularly scary.

Weird shit people do... In China most poorer people rarely see non-Chinese human beings, and have a propensity to shout "FOREIGNER!" very loudly whenever they see one. I had a particularly interesting conversation, in Chinese, with someone who did this the other day.

Him: Foreigner!

Iun: Hi, asshole!

Him: (rising angrily) what? What did you call me?

Handsome Iun: I called you an asshole.

Him: Foreigners are so rude!

Sexually Appealing Iun: And shouting "foreigner!" on the street at people isn't rude?

Him: But you ARE a foreigner.

Ridiculously Charming Iun: And you ARE an asshole.

Something else that confuses me: people in cars who slow down to let you cross the road when there are no cars behind them. It probably takes longer for the person waiting for cross (as they have to wait for the car to slow down and stop, rather than driving past) and takes longer for the person in the car as they have to stop.

Another car-related thing that's happened to me multiple times: people in cars stopping and waving to let you cross when there's a constant stream of cars going the other direction. One of them even look insulted that I didn't cross when he stopped for me.

What's even worse is when they invite you over for dinner, and then let their dog(s) lick off the plates and stuff like that.

Something else that confuses me: people in cars who slow down to let you cross the road when there are no cars behind them. It probably takes longer for the person waiting for cross (as they have to wait for the car to slow down and stop, rather than driving past) and takes longer for the person in the car as they have to stop.

This.

There's a roundabown the road that cars pull up early to let me cross - it's more effort for them to do this because it's a bit uphill, too, and generally it's annoying behaviour on their part because I truly never know now if a car is going to stop or not.

Combined with this is the zebra crossing about 200 metres further on my walk. Cars don't give a shit about pedestrians on these. I have had cars race to beat me over the zebra crossing even though I'm already 3 steps onto it. Now I just start walking. Fuck 'em.

People who take stacked trolleys into the self-scan tills. I understand why people prefer self-scan to human beings (I sure do!) but this is counter-productive, clogs up the scanning area and makes the queue of 2-item folk wait longer than they need.

These aren't really 'weird shit' but they're things that I 'deal' with every day. And oh man do I have a long list of pet peeves.

On the Oz version of That Show Where The Groom Plans The Wedding the dude liked to eat yoghurt whilst looking at himself in the mirror. There's nothing on that level of weird around here.