NEurope
EddieColeslaw

Video editing - music/BGM

I'm in the process of...acquiring Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 as an upgrade to Windows Movie Maker :santa:

I have a number of videos I took on holiday that I'd like to combine to make a proper, nice video. What do you guys use as royalty-free background or filler music in videos? Is there any site you'd recommend?

Alternatively, does anyone know an Android or desktop app to easily play and record piano songs? I can play but I have no keyboard or piano to record from.

Does anyone else use Premiere Pro - any tips or better programs (i.e. easier for noobs) to recommend?

I could have Googled, but I figured that there are quite a few talented people here who make videos, so I should tap into that instead :) Thanks.

My friend uses Sony Vegas and has no problems with it, think it was just easy for him to acquire though rather than looking it up. Just googled a few places and Vegas seems to be faster/more compatible with a shallower learning curve. Premiere pro has more tools but is very hard to master, and also After Effects is there to pick up on whatever you can't do in Pro. So yeah, an ignorant google and a guy I know has Vegas but does not do much with it. I'M HELPING.

I have a number of videos I took on holiday that I'd like to combine to make a proper, nice video. What do you guys use as royalty-free background or filler music in videos? Is there any site you'd recommend?

Here's one site: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/ Mokong actually uses one of these as his video intro theme.. : D

But yeah, if you find any good sites, let me know as well.

My friend uses Sony Vegas and has no problems with it, think it was just easy for him to acquire though rather than looking it up. Just googled a few places and Vegas seems to be faster/more compatible with a shallower learning curve. Premiere pro has more tools but is very hard to master, and also After Effects is there to pick up on whatever you can't do in Pro. So yeah, an ignorant google and a guy I know has Vegas but does not do much with it. I'M HELPING.

Sympathy thanked... :|

Here's one site: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/ Mokong actually uses one of these as his video intro theme.. : D

Great, I'll check it out!

Yeah I use that site for all of my intro and background music.

The guy (Kevin MacLeod) makes all the music himself and doesn't charge for use (but asks for donations if you can, I must get round to that sometime :heh:)

You just have to remember to give him credit for the music either within the video itself or if you are uploading to youtube then in the video description or both.

I try to do both when I can, but some vids like if it is just a video blog and all I've used is a clip for the intro I'll just stick the credit in the vid description. If I've done some kind of a scripted vid and/or used more than one clip I'll add a quick credit at the end of the vid too.

EDIT:

Oh and I use Corel VideoStudio Pro for editing my vids, it's pretty good and I guess would be easy enough to work out for beginners.

Mainly I got it cause it can do Chroma Keying (Green/Blue Screen) and was cheaper than the likes of Adobe Prem and Sony Vegas