NEurope
Retro_Link

Killzone Trilogy?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/31/report-killzone-trilogy-incoming-for-playstation-3

Report: Killzone Trilogy Incoming for Playstation 3

Killzone_Trilogy.jpg-610x184.jpg

A listing spotted on Amazon France suggests that Sony's shooter may be repackaged and released this October.

by Luke KarmaliAugust 31, 2012A listing on Amazon France suggests that Sony will release the Killzone games as a boxed trilogy this October.

The posting, which you can see below, claims that all three of Sony's shooters will be released on October 24 for €59.99, which works out as roughly £47 or $75.

While nothing has been confirmed, and the price and release date for other territories could change even if the posting is correct, Amazon France has previous form in accurately leaking the existence of titles. It was the website that first listed Call of Duty: Black Ops II, outing the identity of this year's Call of Duty shooter, and it did the same for the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy (or Collection, if you're American).

It's this second title that's most interesting to consider in relation to the Killzone Trilogy, as all three games in that collection were originally released on PS2 just like the first Killzone. As they all received HD remastering before coming to PS3, could this mean that the same is in store for the shooter that started the series off? We heard rumours earlier this year that Killzone 1 would be released on PSN as an emulated and updated version, but this was later "delayed indefinitely".

If the game is about to come to PS3 at long last, it'd make sense that they'd want it to compare favourably in terms of visuals with others in the series, especially if updating the graphics has been mentioned before.

Seems likely!

Huuuurghghga

Killzone 1 was...no...just don't.

I'm not big on KZ2 or 3, but they are actually decent games, the first....only if they put work into it.

I actually really enjoyed Killzone 1. Even the multiplayer as well. Was a bit sad they didn't have multiple singleplayer campaigns like the first.

Honestly it doesn't seem like a bad game, but a combination of finnicky controls (to me) and horrid framerate made it....less than desirable. What I meant by with work, I meant just that, improving the framerate more than anything and general tweaks to make the gameplay go a bit smoother.

Once upon a time I was naive enough to think a re-release would assure that but....well Silent Hill HD springs to mind with it's myriad of issues.

It seems weird that this has surfaced because not that long ago they released a statement saying the PSN port of the 1st Killzone had been put on hold, I assumed we wouldn't see it.

7937175632_d6db9bb9b0.jpg

Killzone 1 HD image:

7937175350_c873f9df00_o.jpg

It also includes all map packs from Killzone 2 and Killzone 3.

RPP is £40.84.

Lock and load: the newest addition to the ever-growing PlayStation Collection library will be Killzone Trilogy — hitting stores on October 23rd, 2012 for $39.99 (MSRP).

KZ1 HD:

-Can be bought from PS Store separately

- 720p @ 30fps no Famerate drops

- Updated controls

- Trophies

- No remote play

- Split screen remains

- No 3D

Sounding good. I shall be picking up the original then.

Should be in a dumpster.

Dohoho.

No, but seriously, these games look terrible.

Man, you know your console is a flop when even the biggest Sony fanboy on the forum thinks it belongs in a dumpster.

I've actually missed trying any of these. Worth a look now?

The playstation move banner makes it look like a blu-ray box set. Which is stupid.

Same. I remember there being a lot of hype around Killzone when it came out and not having a PS kinda wondered if I was missing out. Then Killzone 2 had that great [although enhanced] reveal, and the third was meant to be good wasn't it?

Is there much too the games in terms of a story/interesting gameplay or anything, or are they pretty standard and generic?

I can't speak for the first, but the second and third are very technically accomplished first-person shooters with a lot of heft, convincing atmosphere and an almost complete lack of charm. They're decent games, great in some respects, but they simply don't have the personality to go down as classics.

Still, they are worth playing.