NEurope
Retro_Link

Metal Gear Movie

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/30/metal-gear-movie-announced

Metal Gear Movie Announced

From Columbia Pictures and the producer of X-Men and Iron Man.

A Metal Gear movie has been announced at Konami's Metal Gear 25th Anniversary event. It will be made in association with Columbia Pictures.

Avi Arad (X-Men, Iron Man, The Amazing Spider-Man) will be producing and was on stage at the event.

"For many years I fought to bring comics to theaters - and video games are the comics of today," Arad said, as reported by attendee John Ricciardi on his Twitter feed.

There are no further details at this point, but Famitsu has some photos from the event.

503efa6adbe92.jpg503efa7688901.jpg

503efb48d378b.jpg503efd9af268c.jpg

David Hayter has to play Solid Snake, without his voice it won't be right.

Am could be good I guess? Seems that taking the comic book movies seriously in the last 5 years has actually generated a good profit for these guys and now they want to replicate it with videogames.

I hope so anyway.....

They've got a perfect producer on board, so yeah I'm actually pretty confident this will be given the right approach and treated in much the same way Marvel/Sony have done their Comic Book movies.

Name the last time a movie was good when we only knew who the producer was when it was announced :P

I don't ever really think about stuff like that so I couldn't.

But at least he's worked closely with Sony previously on The Amazing Spider-Man, so there's a relationship there already.

I hope this could be epic, i mean technically speaking the Metal Gear games eventually became interactive movies

I'd rather a Deus Ex movie

oh wait they are doing one :)

Hang on, is this a CGI or live action movie?

Aren't the games (*COUGH* MGS4) pretty much movies anyway? :p I hope they don't skip out on the ~tactical espionage action~ part...