NEurope
RedShell

3DS in Europe this Q4?

Serrrriously... what's going on? :hmm:

Are we getting any new games on the 3DS this year? ::shrug:

That Nintendo Direct earlier showcased an incredible line-up for the 3DS in Japan, but what the hell is the plan for Europe? :blank:

Anyone else concerned about the lack of confirmed titles?

That Nintendo Direct earlier showcased an incredible line-up for the 3DS in Japan, but what the hell is the plan for Europe? :blank:

Paper Mario, thats it right?

NOE were so good to us lately with some of the western releases of things, but it seems to have petered out

i hope we get some big announcements soon

Paper Mario, thats it right?
As far as I can tell yeah. :hmm:

Shocking. :nono:

i hope we get some big announcements soon
Let's hope so, and very soon.

As I mentioned in the Castlevania thread, that was the only game left that was supposed to be out this year I had any interest in but that's now 2013 along with Fire Emblem. And I'm worried about DLC with that game because I'm nervous about Nintendo jumping on the "Game of the Year Edition" bandwagon.

I think Nintendo is banking on Pokémon Black and White 2 doing the business in the west that that they can afford to ease off slightly with getting 3DS games released this side of year end but then you at the number of upcoming games and realise that there just isn't as many as there used to be. Nintendo's handhelds have always had massive focus in the past with all developers (even if they are just trying to turn a quick buck) yet that doesn't seem to be the case any more. There seems to be a big shift of resources away from that segment with an increased focus on the AAA console market every publisher wants a bigger slice of... even if it puts their developer out of business - bigger risk but bigger reward.

Maybe studios backed off after the shaky start of the console and now it's picked up steam again, they are slightly behind where they'd want to be with development schedules but that sounds too optimistic to me.

I think Nintendo is banking on Pokémon Black and White 2 doing the business in the west that that they can afford to ease off slightly with getting 3DS games released this side of year end but then you at the number of upcoming games and realise that there just isn't as many as there used to be.
I reckon you might be on to something there.

I think that's a terrible move by Nintendo though (if that is what they're going for) because they really need to be building on this new momentum with 3DS, especially now just after the launch of the XL.

Maybe studios backed off after the shaky start of the console and now it's picked up steam again, they are slightly behind where they'd want to be with development schedules but that sounds too optimistic to me.
Another good (but also depressing) point. :(

I was annoyed when I found out that FE was pushed back to 2013. likewise Luigi's Mansion, but then Animal Crossing followed & Castlevania after that. I mentioned this before, but I could only think that they are trying to put the main 'focus' on the WiiU and it's games. Also this gives time to polish up other games that were set for this year.

We're still getting Professor Layton this year, Power of Illusion & Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Survivor Overclocked.

For the DS it's Pokemon Black & White 2, Devil Survivor 2 & Pokemon Typing adventure.

I may have missed some titles, but my point is there are still some top quality titles being released, but probably not ones that interest most people.

but then Animal Crossing followed
I still can't get over the fact that we're not getting Animal Crossing this year, incredibly disappointing. :(

I just don't see why either, with Japan getting it in November. ::shrug:

How is it possible for Nintendo not to have the resources to get the game localised for a worldwide release?

I'd understand if we were talking about Nintendo from 10-15 years ago, but we're talking post-DS/Wii Nintendo here, they've surely printed enough money to be able to get things moving a bit quicker now. :woops:

Hell, they pretty much managed a simultaneous release for Animal Crossing on the Wii, so why couldn't they do the same for the game on 3DS?

I still can't get over the fact that we're not getting Animal Crossing this year, incredibly disappointing. :(

Such a shame that we aren't getting Animal Crossing this year.

Its one of those games that is great for the Christmas holidays.

This is hugely embarrassing for NoE/A. This latest NintendoDirect sums up exactly why the 3DS is flourishing in Japan - a schedule rammed with fun, original, varied games.

Iwata clearly sees the imbalance, but so far hasn't done anything about it. They know how many Western fans tune in for these desperate for the crumbs offered.

Localisations should be worked on during not after development. Nintendo aren't some tinpot operation and Japan isn't The World!

Epic Mickey, Paper Mario, Layton, Skylanders, Pokémon Dream Radar, Pokédex 3D Pro (and hopefully Harmo Knight)... that's more than enough 3DS games for me for the rest of the year, really.

Especially considering I've still not completed Kingdom Hearts, Mario Kart 7, Mario Tennis Open, One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP 1 and 2, etc...

I'm interested in Paper Mario and Power of Illusion, but I agree it is pretty uninspiring. The real disappointment is the localisation delay for Animal Crossing. I don't mind waiting for Luigi's Mansion 2, but I get the feeling we'll really miss out by not getting Animal Crossing this year.

Then there are all the Japanese games - Code of Princess, Etrian Odyssey IV, Dragon Quest Monsters, Rocket Slime 3 - I'm sure a few of those could have been localised, even if they were download-only.

Other than that, the 3DS will have been out for approx 20 months. Couldn't they have knocked up some more eShop games? A new 2D Metroid or Zelda would make all the difference.

Overall, I still love the 3DS but it's not turning out how I imagined. At this rate, it'll only have about three "waves" of software until it's time for the next handheld.

Virtue's Last Reward, Paper Mario and that 2D Mickey game will do me nicely. But yeah, this thing has such little software and they really are having to really on the same old titles again and again (Mario Kart and NSMB2 are great examples). I'm really surprised they haven't come out and really developed lots of software for this thing. They really could do with a Rare type company pumping out title after title.

Oh. And for those of you that don't know, Virtue's Last Reward is the sequel to the DS title 9 People 9 Hours 9 Doors, arguably my favourite DS title and one of the best games I've ever played. The sequel is supposedly even better (it's been out in Japan for a while) so I really can't recommend it enough. Hell, go and get the original for the DS, you won't regret it (especially if you like Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, Another Code).

Why have they not even bloody dated Sticker Star it's really really really frickin' annoying me I just want to know when it's coming, I want to be like a kid all excited for the game that's on its way and I know when it's coming and stuff and yeah but also I kind of need to make sure I have the money for it. Do we have any date for AC, too?

tumblr_lxif9a0VK41qdvfej.png

Enjoy the jizz fest while it lasts, Aneres. It'll be over in November. :p

I'll be so embarrassed if it turns out the game sucks.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask and possibly Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed if it's better of different than the WiiU version, that's it for me for the rest of the year. Not much when I compare it to what I had in mind for Q3/Q4 before E3 and thanks to recent delays and unannounced games, but at least it means I've enough spare cash for WiiU.

I've a feeling Nintendo might surprise us with one or two retail games, similar to how they revealed Freakyforms and Art Academy a month or so before the XL came out. Also the eShop should continue to delight.

Oh that's simple; it's the next step in their marketing strategy. They're going from unveiling games just mere months before release to simply announcing that they're now available in stores that same day!

Edit: And just like clockwork, NOA literally just put out these tweets mere seconds after I made this post!

Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is coming to Nintendo #3DS the first quarter of 2013. RT if you’re ready for a spooky good time.

Animal Crossing is launching for Nintendo #3DS during the first half of 2013! Tell us your favorite Animal Crossing memory.

Dr. Kawashima is back to train your brain! Brain Age: Concentration Training launches for Nintendo #3DS on 12/3. (That's the 3rd of December BTW, not the 12th of March!)

Your move NOE!

Edited by Dcubed

I'm just a little bit scared even Paper Mario won't make it this year, I mean there's not even a release date yet...

No Demon Training? Would have bought it for the title alone.

This is the same NOA that won't even release Devil's World in their region...

I bet you any money that NOE will release it with the title "Dr Kawashima's Devilishly Difficult Brain Training"