NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Tomodachi Life

It's a bit annoying that you HAVE to add first and last names... I don't know everyones first and last names from this forum :) What did you guys do?! Also, your official Mii didn't come with first and last names... Which seems a bit silly to me!

Really? That sucks, I thought giving you my Tomodachi Mii would have all the data populated. ::shrug: I take it we are the only two playing this on here? What about @yesteryeargames, did you try the demo? Has @RedShell stopped playing since reviewing...?

I've been playing this. Managed to grab a few NEurope miis from my streetpass plaza and it's been very entertaining to see what they get up to.

HNI_0031_zps69af5e64.jpg

HNI_0023_zpsd17d9ead.jpg

HNI_0039_zpscc59d971.jpg

For some reason my mother has proved irresistible.

HNI_0007_zps57feea5f.jpg

After two nights consoling her broken heart, I relented (sorry dad) and let her start a relationship with Dazzy, despite his dubious clothing/housing preferences.

HNI_0006_zpsc5bddc08.jpg

They are now married and shared a honeymoon in Africa.

HNI_0054_zps0ae6834c.jpg

This however caused a furious fight with the left out Mokong for which neither would apologize.

HNI_0040_zpsb0bc71b5.jpg

Luckily peacemaker LostMario was on hand

HNI_0041_zps8bcc6555.jpg

and with peace restored shared a well earned holiday in Germany with Mokong.

HNI_0062_zps6ea13ee6.jpg

If you guys want even more weirdness let me know and I'll post some pics of your Mii children. :laughing:

I'd be interested to see those. :)

It's a bit annoying that you HAVE to add first and last names... I don't know everyones first and last names from this forum :) What did you guys do?!
Everyone I added from here just had the last name of "N-E". :heh:

Has @RedShell stopped playing since reviewing...?
I still try to check it out on a daily basis, see what's new in the shops etc... But yeah, I'm definitely not playing this as much as I was.

I'd be interested to see those. :)
I'll see about taking some pics at some point. :)

I still try to check it out on a daily basis, see what's new in the shops etc... But yeah, I'm definitely not playing this as much as I was.

How do you keep on top of cash then, with playing it so little now? (How did you keep the cash flowing when you played it normally?)

How do you keep on top of cash then, with playing it so little now? (How did you keep the cash flowing when you played it normally?)
Well I've played it for around 70 hours (got the game mid-April) and currently have over 20k saved up. :heh:

As for earning cash when playing normally...

Once you get a Mii up to Lv20 they will start rewarding you with silver and gold coins, these sell for quite a bit, so it's possible to earn money much quicker. I also reached the 100 Mii limit pretty early on, and that gets you around 270 quid per day from donations. I was also lucky with some of the random items that you can win from mini-games, got several gold bars (£1000 each) when I was playing regularly.

:hehe:

I really wish I hadn't wasted my money on this. It was a lot of fun the first two days but by the third I was really bored with it. Oh well. Not for everyone it seems.

I really wish I hadn't wasted my money on this. It was a lot of fun the first two days but by the third I was really bored with it. Oh well. Not for everyone it seems.

That's a pity. Its a game you have to make up your own little motivations for playing in, so definitely not for all tastes. The levelling up should be added to the next Animal Crossing. : peace:

@RedShell, now E3 is over and I have your attention! Is that the Mii level cap? And yes, those items that can't be used, are they just for pawning? Have you really played 70h without collecting everything? I thought I'd made decent inroads into that endeavour just this week. Oh well. :laughing:

I hate to sound like a beggar, but I'd like to try out the demo if anyone has spare codes. Thanks in advance!

@VsPhoenix, here are some Mii baby pics for you:

Wow, they really do grow up so fast don't they. The children are the miis that get sent off to explore other islands right? Would be funny if I streetpassed him!

Wow, they really do grow up so fast don't they. The children are the miis that get sent off to explore other islands right? Would be funny if I streetpassed him!
Yeah, it only takes a few days for a baby Mii to grow up. And yes, they can either become permanent residents of your island or an explorer for StreetPass. I made Charlie an explorer though, so technically he could appear on your island someday. :hehe:

That's an interesting point actually, I wonder how the game deals with a Mii having the same parent Mii across multiple games?

Items that can't be used are just for pawning, yeah. Doing so doesn't remove them from the album either, so you don't need to worry about leaving 1 of everything in the list. Sell that stuff! :grin:

Sold it all for ~£4,000. :awesome:

I've heaps of great pics taken. Difficult not to spam this thread with em, here's a few choice picks.

HNI_0042_JPG.jpg

Yeah whatevz, Christina...

HNI_0002_JPG.jpg

Not just a maestro with a tennis racket!

HNI_0016_MPO.jpg

LOL at everything in this one.

HNI_0032_JPG.jpg

HNI_0006_JPG.jpg

SHE SAID YES!

The heartbeat 'mini game' in the build up to House popping the question was intense. The bumpbump of the heartbeat made it feel like I was on the approach to Lavos. :laughing:

HNI_0025_JPG.jpg

This game needs to use a thesaurus.

HNI_0031_MPO.jpg

And here is man of the day, H-o-T. Out enjoying some late night fishing before party time ensued!

HNI_0044_JPG.jpg

HNI_0048_JPG.jpg

Happy birthday old guy!

I bought this on the fly after watching a few videos on it.

At first it was very fun and I've clocked 13 Hours so far. I'm taking a rest from it for a few days now as it is getting a little repetitive. It's nice that this game doesn't seem to judge you for being away from it though. I can skip a few days and not have "Why haven't you written me a letter!" from it. It's less needy than Animal Crossing and I like that.

Congratulations @dazzybee!

HNI_0037_zps469b1e3a.jpg

Happy Fathers Day! :laughing: Maybe I'm biased, but I think Charlie's winning in the cute baby stakes.

HNI_0036_zps2504d067.jpg

That's one scary baby girl. :shakehead

With the world's oldest new mother by some distance, so far all childcare has rightfully been left to Dazzy. Now every time I start the game, within a couple of minutes I get a mobile call for help.

HNI_0061_zpse26f4b26.jpg

Serves you right for not looking after my mother properly.

HNI_0074_zps98508fdd.jpg

I'm so tempted to get this but I'm still on the fence, if anyone has a demo code it would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Just checked network premium and I have two £5 codes... is this cheaper than £35 anywhere? I can't tell if it will be a Mario Kart DS situation and still be this price in 7 years time :p Or do a Sonic and be dirt cheap by next month

Edited by Josh64

Go for it @Josh64. If you can imagine Animal Crossing mixed with The Sims, you'll get a rough idea what Tomodachi Collection is about - but only vaguely because its very random. Its less than £30 on Shopto.net.

Meanwhile on Gilead Island...

HNI_0058.jpg

House reads something shocking!

HNI_0073.jpg

HNI_0074.jpg

HNI_0075.jpg

HNI_0077.jpg

When questioned on the subject, RedShell well... thanks for your input... :heh:

HNI_0078.jpg

And one last one for you RedShell!

How much content is there in the welcome edition? Enough for an 8 year old?

Any significant drawbacks to the welcome edition?

Got it :D £25 from the eShop with my £10 discount! Definitely glad I have it on the system itself, seems like one you can happily dip in and out of! Enjoying it so far :D Only put 5 people on atm!

How much content is there in the welcome edition? Enough for an 8 year old?

Any significant drawbacks to the welcome edition?

The couple of things I read on it mentioned that the WE is linear but I can't imagine what that means as the full game is entirely open ended. That and you get a panda outfit that can be transferred to the full game. I gave my two codes to @nando and @yesteryeargames so maybe one of those two can weigh in.

Some more weird N-Europe goings on from Gilead Island:

HNI_0082.jpg

IS IT A BIRD?

IS IT A PLANE?

NO! IT'S @Fused King!

Brilliant game. Ghana should have won, they had so many opportunities.

Erm, are you sure you didn't nod off during the Germany v Ghana match? I think you'll find you did. Because I peered into your dreams and this is what I saw in your subconscious:

HNI_0084.jpg

HNI_0085.jpg

HNI_0087.jpg

Hmm... :wtf::confused::blank:::shrug:

Wimbledon preparations almost complete:

HNI_0092.jpg

Sign in to follow this