NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Tomodachi Life

Haha. This game looks completely insane! I have no idea what is going on but love reading about what my Mii has been upto. :D

What the hell am I doing there in the sky?

What's going on here?

Well let's just say your antics made the news.

@david\.dakota This might help:

sanstitretwbrf.png

I'm enjoying this but I must admit it seems to go at a much slower pace than I expected. Judging from the Direct, I assumed crazy stuff would be going on all the while, but there seems to be a lot of downtime between events where your mii's don't get up to all that much and I don't have many items to give them to spark anything either.

Perhaps that's just because I haven't had the game for long enough though. Still enjoying it either way, just a bit disappointed with the pace.

@Josh64 maybe you need more islanders to make the place more happening? There's schedules for activities as you unlock the various island locations so you will atleast have timetabled mayhem each day. :laughing:

Oh you want some more N-E pix that I've stored up? Happy to oblige.

HNI_0097.jpg

HNI_0098.jpg

9950113d-3d1a-49fc-bcb7-e298b33729c8.jpg

2f4307f8-325a-41bc-b32b-63c36c5d060a.jpg

77932810-f26d-429a-b91a-bf8d189b2d70.jpg

HNI_0002.jpg

366c4faf-ef79-4491-98ea-268ce8605bf2.jpg

H-o-T you and Sharapova should go into business together. :laughing:

HNI_0017.jpg

HNI_0012.jpg

Then later H-o-T and RedShell had a game session with Tom Sellick. Not sure if H-o-T sweets were on the go though!

-------------------

@RedShell see in the game if you use the make-someone-a-child item, when can you make them a full grown adult again?

@RedShell see in the game if you use the make-someone-a-child item, when can you make them a full grown adult again?
Straight away, providing you have the other item in your inventory. If not, you just need to keep helping out Miis until you get one as a reward, it's completely random.

Straight away, providing you have the other item in your inventory. If not, you just need to keep helping out Miis until you get one as a reward, it's completely random.

Yeah, I've been trying the other item but he keeps saying he doesn't need it. :confused: Is it cos I let him get married in child form (!) now he's locked in as that status?

Yeah, I've been trying the other item but he keeps saying he doesn't need it. :confused: Is it cos I let him get married in child form (!) now he's locked in as that status?
::shrug:

Guess you'd probably need to delete the other Mii first then, not entirely sure though as I never encountered that situation in my game.

This is the most hilarious game that I've ever played. Never in my life would I have imaged Celia from Harvest Moon would date Rock Lee from Naruto. And the fact that Professor Snape beat Cilan from Pokemon and Edgar Allen Poe in a rap battle. I am speechless.

::shrug:

Guess you'd probably need to delete the other Mii first then, not entirely sure though as I never encountered that situation in my game.

I just kinda want him to be an adult again because he's married (to an adult) and THEY HAVE JUST HAD THE FIRST CHILD ON MY ISLAND. :yay:

This is the most hilarious game that I've ever played. Never in my life would I have imaged Celia from Harvest Moon would date Rock Lee from Naruto. And the fact that Professor Snape beat Cilan from Pokemon and Edgar Allen Poe in a rap battle. I am speechless.

The combinations are hilarious. The way we can personalise our islands with whatever Mii's we want... genius for comedy. :bowdown:

I got the Welcome version from dazzybee and started playing. I noticed that the currency in the supermarket is euros so I was slightly freaked out that I was going to have to pay real money for in-game items, which isn't uncommon these days ::)

Anyway this demo version is really short as expected. You can only solve 5 problems and from then on nothing really happens. I'm definitely not picking this game up for full price, I don't think there's enough to keep me playing. The demo version doesn't allow for QR codes and since it can't use Miis from Mii parade where I have hundreds and only from the Mii maker where I have only one, I'm not bothered to create new ones.

Can you populate the game through streepass? I go to plenty of events where there are dozens of people with 3DS and all my games are constantly full of streetpass hits. Just not sure how popular this game is.

Did anyone else get a demo code in an email from Nintendo today?

Did anyone else get a demo code in an email from Nintendo today?

yup, I did

I did as well. Played it and liked it quite a lot. Only was able to have 3 Mii's and 5 "problems" and it all went to quickly. How long does the novelty last? Is it worth buying the whole thing?

So for those who bought it, how was this game past the initial impression you got? It seemed to me like it was nuts and looked fun but maybe just at the beginning and I was worried it wouldnt have a lot of staying power.

So for those who bought it, how was this game past the initial impression you got? It seemed to me like it was nuts and looked fun but maybe just at the beginning and I was worried it wouldnt have a lot of staying power.

No opinions on this then? I still don't know if its worth getting, especially at full price.

No opinions on this then? I still don't know if its worth getting, especially at full price.

I bought it at full price but have yet to unseal it so I would say just wait for a price drop. : peace:

I bought it at full price but have yet to unseal it so I would say just wait for a price drop. : peace:

But thats not an opinion on the actual game as you havent tried it yet! lol

But thats not an opinion on the actual game as you havent tried it yet! lol

I don't have the game, but I'm not particularly excited by what I've seen.

I don't have the game, but I'm not particularly excited by what I've seen.

Ok thats nice but if you look at my original question I was asking if the game had staying power beyond the initial impression people had after playing it. Its like nobody wants to help me today lol

I haven't played Tomodachi since the World Cup ended (played it during matches due to its passive gameplay style) but then I haven't really played much at all since then - we did Pokémon TCG when it came onto the VC and I pottered about again in Etrian Odyssey 3 a bit. Tomodachi isn't like Animal Crossing or the Sims gameplay-wise, but I'd put it in that same bracket of game where you make up your own goals and thus motivate yourself to keep playing. Plus, its your own Mii's which gives it an extra personal touch and makes you feel more vested in what madness is happening in their little island lives. If you like open ended games you'll have a great laugh with Tomodachi - I don't regret buying it, you stingy gits. :D

On the first day I enjoyed it a lot. Next day it was good fun.

Never touched it since.

Never lost interest in a game so quickly, total waste of money IMO.

I'm glad Blanche found her man. Would never have thought she would have ended up getting hitched with Professor Layton. I also love The Concert Hall. It's my favourite part of the game. The first I do with a new mii is give them all the songs. The things you can come up with are amazing.

Edited by ChloboShoka

I had a play around with the demo and wanted more, but shall wait til it's really cheap.

Sign in to follow this