NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Tomodachi Life

Certainly am. I have a meeting in England on Friday so perfect timing to pick the game up too!

Good man. I wanna see what wacky things people's Miis get up to!

So, anyone else picking this up this week?

I would if I had the money.

But I don't have the money...

I would if I had the money.

But I don't have the money...

More like you know you're gonna be playing my copy anyway ;)

Good man. I wanna see what wacky things people's Miis get up to!

Yep! I need to update my 3DS with everyone I want in the game, I'm sure there are some family, friends and famous people I want to see in the game!

More like you know you're gonna be playing my copy anyway ;)

I don't think I could get away with that really with this game.

It feels kinda like playing someone else's Animal Crossing.

I've been playing this since Friday - just to let you know, it's not that great in my opinion. It's really just a glorified virtual pet, with your Miis as the pets. I did find it pretty addictive for the first few hours, but my interest in it has really dwindled already - already the same stuff is happening over and over again...

I've been playing this since Friday - just to let you know, it's not that great in my opinion. It's really just a glorified virtual pet, with your Miis as the pets. I did find it pretty addictive for the first few hours, but my interest in it has really dwindled already - already the same stuff is happening over and over again...

Interesting. So is there not much content to it then?

There are quite a few different types of thing to do, but they're all over pretty quickly, and, in my opinion, not hugely engaging. I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan, so it's not like I don't like life simulation games - it just doesn't really seem like you're working towards any big reward (like a perfect town or a fully developed, furnished house in AC). It just feels a bit pointless! Yes, it's kind of amusing seeing Miis of your family and celebs interacting (though it doesn't allow you to add Hitler Miis - obviously Nintendo doesn't want him to have any friends :p), but it just gets old fast, in my opinion. I've only got a review copy on loan for ten days, and unlike Mario Golf, I certainly won't be rushing to buy my own copy after I have to give it back.

Thanks for your thoughts. I may cancel my preorder and then just buy it at a later date if it gets more favourable reviews.

Yeah, I've reviewed this for N-E (should be going up soon) and have to agree with @Mike, it does become very repetitive.

I personally really enjoy it, but it's definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea, and anyone expecting the next Animal Crossing will probably be pretty disappointed.

Yeah, I've reviewed this for N-E (should be going up soon) and have to agree with @Mike, it does become very repetitive.

I personally really enjoy it, but it's definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea, and anyone expecting the next Animal Crossing will probably be pretty disappointed.

Ooh, and you were so excited too... Big disappointment then? I may cancel mine as well.....

Ooh, and you were so excited too... Big disappointment then?
Not for me, but I get the feeling it could be for quite a few people, especially those that go into it expecting a traditional video game.

The only thing that concerns me is the idea that there aren't a lot of possible events for Miis to participate in or possible ways for them to interact. I wouldn't be happy if I end up seeing them doing the same things over and over again.

The sponteneity and surprise is half the point of this game after all...

Edited by Dcubed

This really took off in Japan so it can't be that bad? :confused: I reckon you boys are missing something. :awesome:

Got 'the text' from ShopTo! :)

My Tomadachi Life starts tomorrow! :awesome:

What exactly is this game? I know nothing of it. Is it like a Sims kinda thing just with Mii's?

I know I could just look and find out from somewhere, but I'm lazy. :heh:

The saving animation... YES!!! just... YES!!!!

Not gotten far, but it's totally bonkers so far :laughing: So many moments that just begged to be Miiversed... (too bad that the community isn't up till Friday...)

Edit: OH MY GOD THE MII RAP SONGS!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Edit 2: Alright, so my sister and Dr Robotnik started falling in love, then I turned her into a kid and made Robotnik feel like a pedophile and run off, then I bought a swing for my cousin and pushed him on it in his room, then I ate a plate of jelly (including the plate itself!) and became a heavy metal star, then I won an epic word association tournament and later taught Reggie how to sneeze...

... Yeah I have absolutely no clue what this game is about but it is simply brilliant! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Nice job @RedShell Everything there sounds about right to me (and those vids really make me wish I had a 3DS capture kit... Or at least some way to upload vids ALA MKTV)

Thankfully I've not seen much in the way of repetition just yet, but I plan to play mostly in short bursts so hopefully it won't crop up too much for me.

It definately feels more like a toy than a game (in fact, a lot of the dreams play out like the unlockable toys in Warioware Twisted/Touched too!)

As long as I don't see too much in the way of repeating dreams/dialogue (although of course I will eventually, there has to be a limit somewhere), I'm gonna love this :)

Edited by Dcubed

I ended up cancelling my preorder.

I've read a few reviews now and it seems like it's an average game/experience at best and if the whole thing doesn't click with you then it's £30 down the drain.

and those vids really make me wish I had a 3DS capture kit... Or at least some way to upload vids ALA MKTV
I actually took those vids using an iPad. :hehe:

At least we can easily take direct-feed screenshots. :)

Fun fact:

Playing this game caused my 3DS Camera to reach the 3000 image limit! :laughing:

And remember this?

I also used the photo tool in Tomodachi Life to get the Mii heads for that image. ;)

I ended up cancelling my preorder.

I've read a few reviews now and it seems like it's an average game/experience at best and if the whole thing doesn't click with you then it's £30 down the drain.

Yeah, you've really gotta be into the weirdness to get the most out of Tomodachi Life, otherwise... :zzz:

Sign in to follow this