NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Tomodachi Life

I have no idea what this 'game' is. Is it like a Virtual World for your Mii?... is it like the 3DS version of Miiverse?... can you meet up with and explore with others online?

Anyway it looks like a great laugh! :D

So long as their voice synthesis tech continues to not work with anything other than the Japanese tongue, we'll never get it :(

So long as their voice synthesis tech continues to not work with anything other than the Japanese tongue, we'll never get it :(
I know that's the reason they gave for the original not getting localised, but I reckon it's complete bullshit. :angry: The original DS Tomodachi Collection even contradicts it:

Even free online text to speech sites work in pretty much every language.

If they don't release the 3DS version in Europe I'm gonna be distraught. :(

Can someone explain what this game is all about. @RedShell

From the trailer, it looks like a Animal Crossing style Virtual Pet (Mii) game.

Can someone explain what this game is all about.

From the trailer, it looks like a Animal Crossing style Virtual Pet (Mii) game.

Yeah, it's basically Animal Crossing/The Sims + Miis, but with a very large dose of Nintendo/Japanese wackiness thrown in for good measure. :hehe:

The trailer for the DS version:

The 3DS trailer has got some great subtle humour in it! Just the cafe scene alone has that guy falling asleep at the counter and the people at the window.

I sort of feel like there's no room for this in my life what with The Sims 3 getting a new expansion every six months with two more on the way before the end of the year.

It does look gloriously Japanese, though, so it's got that going for it.

IT'S GETTING LOCALISED!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/29/nintendo-walks-fine-line-between-change-and-identity/

The company is now working to decide what can be kept and what needs to be scrapped for its overseas launch of “Tomodachi Collection” — or “Friend Collection” — a 3DS life simulation game in which Miis from consoles can interact with one another and develop via mundane activities, such as exchanging food and clothing.

“It’s all about balance,” Iwata said.

Yes_yes_yes.gif

HOLY SHIZBALLS!!! I never thought I'd see it happen! :bouncy:

Paging @RedShell You may now commence gloating mode ;)

Edited by Dcubed

IT'S GETTING LOCALISED!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/29/nintendo-walks-fine-line-between-change-and-identity/

Yes_yes_yes.gif

HOLY SHIZBALLS!!! I never thought I'd see it happen! :bouncy:

Paging @RedShell You may now commence gloating mode ;)

OH MY GOD!!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

1310247277001.gif

That has absolutely made my day. :grin:

The company is now working to decide what can be kept and what needs to be scrapped for its overseas launch of “Tomodachi Collection”
I'll tell you what to scrap, Nintendo... NOTHING!!!! :nono:

Please Please Please don't mangle this game! :shakehead Just translate it, and get it released over here. Even the stuff that makes no sense at all outside of Japan (or even in Japan :heh:), that's what we want!! :D

I'm really happy this is coming out, but that quote has definitely got me worried. :hmm:

I'll tell you what to scrap, Nintendo... NOTHING!!!! :nono:

Please Please Please don't mangle this game! :shakehead Just translate it, and get it released over here. Even the stuff that makes no sense at all outside of Japan (or even in Japan :heh:), that's what we want!! :D

I'm really happy this is coming out, but that quote has definitely got me worried. :hmm:

The quote isn't coming directly from Iwata here, that's the WSJ writer's interpretation here; that's probably just his way of saying that Nintendo is still in the process of deciding how to localise the game and what things to alter to work on a cultural level (basically the normal localisation process).

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see them just scrap the voice synthesis system... (Unless maybe they're working with Yamaha on using the English version of Vocaloid... Yamaha just released their first English version of Vocaloid, so they might use that for the singing... Plus it could also work for Band Bros P since that also uses Vocaloid!)

The quote isn't coming directly from Iwata here, that's the WSJ writer's interpretation here; that's probably just his way of saying that Nintendo is still in the process of deciding how to localise the game and what things to alter to work on a cultural level (basically the normal localisation process).
Man, I just really hope they don't mess with it too much. :hmm:

From what I've seen of the game online, the vibe/humour is fantastic. icon14.gif

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see them just scrap the voice synthesis system... (Unless maybe they're working with Yamaha on using the English version of Vocaloid... Yamaha just released their first English version of Vocaloid, so they might use that for the singing... Plus it could also work for Band Bros P since that also uses Vocaloid!)
It'd be terrible if they cut that, it's pretty much the main feature of the game! :o

Also, as I posted in here ages ago, they had the voice synthesis system working with English even in the DS game!:

I know that's the reason they gave for the original not getting localised, but I reckon it's complete bullshit. :angry: The original DS Tomodachi Collection even contradicts it:

Even free online text to speech sites work in pretty much every language.

If they don't release the 3DS version in Europe I'm gonna be distraught. :(

I still have no idea what this game is about, but since it's huge in Japan I'm totally interested. Unfortunately they will most likely cut out all the good parts, but maybe they'll include gay marriage this time, at least for the European version? ;)

I still have no idea what this game is about, but since it's huge in Japan I'm totally interested.
That's understandable, I don't think it's possible to know what this game is really about. :heh:

This might help though:

I suppose it's kinda like Animal Crossing but with actual humans, and aimed at more adult users? Looks pretty interesting. I'm having hard time imagining this released outside Japan without some heavy modifications rendering the game totally different :/

I suppose it's kinda like Animal Crossing but with actual humans, and aimed at more adult users? Looks pretty interesting. I'm having hard time imagining this released outside Japan without some heavy modifications rendering the game totally different :/

This is why I'm not getting excited by this announcement just yet. It's a very Japanese game, which where a lot if it's charm is, and I want to see how they go about modifying/changing it for the west.

I hope they don't change too much.

It seems like it'll have the same sort of charm as a Sims game. With a bit of a zany Japanese twist.

First English screens HERE.

If you read the article it seems Nintendo are looking at ways to market this in the West.

The crazier, the better. How well this is gonna sell, well that's another story altogether...

They're really keeping the name "Tomodachi Collection" and aren't translating the name? (Which literally translates as "Friend Collection")

How strange and un-Nintendo like... That sounds more like something Level 5 would do!

Maybe NOA will call it Friend Collection anyway and NOE will just continue to be weird? ::shrug:

This is magnificent. icon14.gif

They really do seem to be going for a basic translation job, which is absolutely fantastic, and just what I wanted! :) So yeah, not only will we be experiencing the game in its true form, it should also speed up the localisation process as they won't be faffing about with making unnecessary changes. Win-win.

Can't wait! :bouncy:

Gutted I didn't get sent that survey though. :hmm:

Finally seeing the game in English is a huge relief.

it'shappening.gif

OMG, I've always desperately wanted this game! I can't believe it's finally coming!

Sign in to follow this