NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii HDMI adapter

tumblr_m9hikewNT51qbexgeo1_500.jpg

Found this in Japan. I love it. You can find similar adapters on amazon and ebay.

Edited by DiemetriX

Your TV would probably do a better job than the adapter. Unless you don't have a component input, I can't really see the point.

391219_10152016225525545_1932613874_n.jpg

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/391219_10152016225525545_1932613874_n.jpg

Found this in Japan. I love it. You can find similar adapters on amazon and ebay.

Been eyeing one of these up for a couple of weeks. Looking at reviews on YouTube people are saying less jaggies, better colours, better sound. As long as you get the one that upscales, not just the simple HDMI converter.

With the WiiU round the corner though, £17 is too much to justify it. £10 delivered - deal!

I did not know such things were around.

Had I known about this sooner (like last year or earlier) I would have gotten one but with the WiiU coming not as fussed

I bought one to enjoy my gamecube games, for wii games I'll just use my future Wii U :)

Sharper image and better colors :)

In case it's not clear on the instructions, you switch between 720 and 1080 with a paper clip in that little hole. A few games won't work at 1080 so I believe.

I read about something like this a while back and was quite interested in it, still am if i'm honest. Does it really work and make a big difference?

I see there are a bunch on Amazon, not really sure which is the best one?

some say 480 p, others which are a few quid more claim to have 720-1080p

which to go for

The 720-1080p one

This is just upscaling a lower resolution image. It isn't a genuine 720p/1080p output, guys. The best you can hope for with one of these things is a dent in your wallet and slightly better colours. Want to play the Wii and GameCube in true HD resolutions? Dolphin is the way. You'll need a beast of a computer though.

Google for a taste of how good the Wii could (and should) have looked.

Edited by Guy

This is just upscaling a lower resolution image. It isn't a genuine 720p/1080p output, guys. The best you can hope for with one of these things is a dent in your wallet and slightly better colours. Want to play the Wii and GameCube in true HD resolutions? Dolphin is the way. You'll need a beast of a computer though.

Google for a taste of how good the Wii could (and should) have looked.

I don't think anyone is buying this expecting a miracle, but a bit better of a picture with better colour and sound representation, I'd definitely get one - at a lower price point.

There was a guy on YouTube who did say that GC game improvement was better than Wii games... I can't vouch for him but if it was a tenner, I'd spend it to find out.

I await the testimonies of folk in this thread who get one :grin: