NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Youtube Audio Tags

For whatever reason these don't seem to be working quite right; instead of allowing you to play the music normally, you either seem to get a link to youtube, or if you click to the right of the link, a shrunken video?

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Not a huge issue, but not quite as convienient as before, so thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Retro_Link

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Yeah, definitely broken :/ Well, at least the normal YT embed still works...

I mentioned this in the questions thread a while back. Here's what Shorty had to say on the matter:

It's not since the update and it's not a change on our end, it's a change to the way Youtube videos appear. Since they're just iframes ("windows" to content on their server), we're not in control of it. A youtube music tag was actually nothing more than a youtube video resized so small that only the controls were visible. Now it seems that doesn't work quite right.
So yeah, it's not something that can be fixed by the looks of things.

I've since noticed that you can play the music, if you hit the play button just right and avoid clicking the link. But it's obviously not as good as it was before. :sad:

I mentioned this in the questions thread a while back. Here's what Shorty had to say on the matter:

So yeah, it's not something that can be fixed by the looks of things.

I've since noticed that you can play the music, if you hit the play button just right and avoid clicking the link. But it's obviously not as good as it was before. :sad:

Ah right ok, thanks!

Yeah if you click on the background right of the link it will at least play.

Well it's not a great solution but I've made the area a bit bigger so you can see the play button (and hover over for controls).

Well it's not a great solution but I've made the area a bit bigger so you can see the play button (and hover over for controls).

It seems that whenever I try and use the audio tags, I always get a message saying 'video player too small' and the audio won't play.

Strange. Not happening for me and I assume others (unless people thanked me without checking...)

Specs? i.e. browser (and version), OS.

On Firefox 15.0.1, Windows 7... looking now, the Donkey Kong Rap in the original post is working fine for me but I just posted this in another thread:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

It must be youtube then because some work and some don't.

Oh it has ads? I always forget there are ads on youtube :p could be why it's not working.

Well in that case you can just use the other two YouTube tags we have :heh:

Sign in to follow this